i cant wait to get my hands on the 9900 or 9930 which is gonna be cdma i dont remember lol. I am a little bit scared to try the new qnx software but from what ive seen on crackberry and other blackberry sites this phone should live up to its hype.
    07-15-11 10:30 PM
    Depending on how beast the ip5/9930, I think I can hold out until like oct. Or nov. Til I get my discounted upgrade on sprint. This 9650 isn't to bad, just a little random restart here and there lol but overall its still good

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-11 04:26 PM
    My contract is up in Feb/12 so that will be enough time for user reviews and issues to come to light. As long as my 9650 is kicking, I'm a happy BB owner. If the 9930 looks THAT much better, I'll bite.
    Ok, off subject. But is your avatar Howlin Wolf?
    07-17-11 02:30 AM
    Not getting the new Bold because:

1) App Memory issue not addressed with OS7
    2) 1250mah battery is not going to be sufficient for my needs
    3) No LTE

I will wait for a QNX Superphone version of the Bold Touch hopefully this time next year.

The 9650 is a decent device, though I can see why some would upgrade. The 9930 has been a long time coming. It just is not a huge enough leap from a 9650 IMO.

07-18-11 11:16 AM
    depends on if bb makes any strides with the PB. if they do i'm picking up a new tablet, if not i'll prob upgrade phones.
    07-18-11 11:43 AM
    I remember I did a poll on this a couple months ago and it was overwhelming everyone said they were going to upgrade if they could

07-18-11 12:38 PM
    I'm eligible to upgrade next month and have been drooling over the Torch 9850 for the last week or so.

However, after installing .600 I'm starting to second guess my origional plan. I might just keep both my 9650 and my money in my pocket for a while.

*my plans are not subject to reason or logic and ARE subject to change without notice

07-18-11 06:03 PM
    Not right away, I think I am going to hold off for awhile. There is nothing wrong with my 9650 but if the first few weeks it gets insane reviews I might have to jump on it. All depends on the battery for me honestly. I have found a way to jam my 2600 battery in my defender case and I don't mess with this combo. Lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    07-18-11 09:55 PM
    Not right away, I think I am going to hold off for awhile. There is nothing wrong with my 9650 but if the first few weeks it gets insane reviews I might have to jump on it. All depends on the battery for me honestly. I have found a way to jam my 2600 battery in my defender case and I don't mess with this combo. Lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    Right on - you showed me the trick with the 9650 and 2600mah seidio with a modified Commuter series Otterbox - love the bat life. For sure the 1250 will not be enough. The way the back door is designed concerns me for a possible mod like what we have. I would bet bat life is the #1 or #2 gripe with this phone.

07-18-11 11:58 PM
    I'd like to get the Bold 9900, or even the brand new Torch, now the big problem is, would that be available here in the Philippines?, hopefully...

07-30-11 08:57 AM
    I just don't see that much of an upgrade and the 9650 will do fine for me until something with 4g and/or qnx comes out to make it worthwhile to use my upgrade.
    kenorian likes this.
    07-30-11 11:24 AM
    IF the 9930 is simply a much faster 9650 with a touchscreen and better cameras ABSOLUTELY NOT....
    ...I'm done being able to open business related .pdf's on my F'ing ipod that my Berry can't open!
    ...RIM has soiled it's own bed very badly with allowing stuff like this to happen.

Which is why I'm about the only one at my Company still using a RIM device...
    ..I've been using the Berry's long enough to get familar with the things I use all the time and frankly liked using RIMS.

When everyone gets emailed the same BUSINESS DOCUMENT in an attachment and you are the ONLY one who can't open the thing because you are the ONLY one on a Blackberry it's time to call a spade a spade.

IF on the other hand RIM has laundered it's bedding and this pdf actually opens I will lean toward getting the 9930....
    ...If it doesn't - Well, I will be posting that in the 9930 / 9900 forum and I will not be nice.
    07-30-11 12:30 PM
    In a heartbeat. Any milimeter gain on the keyboard works for me. Having had the Storm so long made me realize I miss the touchscreen, but I want both......

07-30-11 12:33 PM
    In a heartbeat. Any milimeter gain on the keyboard works for me. Having had the Storm so long made me realize I miss the touchscreen, but I want both......

There's gotta be an aggie joke in there somewhere, lol.
    07-30-11 12:45 PM
    There's gotta be an aggie joke in there somewhere, lol.
    LOL!!! I'm sure there is. Somewhere in between the lines.

07-30-11 12:50 PM
    Well, first off, I only just got the 9650, so no free/cheap upgrades for me for a while.

Secondly, I came back to the Bold after a year away doing battle with a touch screen Droid, and couldn't wait to be rid of that piece of crap.

Upshot is, I will avoid a touch screen phone like the plague. I have the BB Playbook to fool with as far as that interface goes, but I can live without that if the screen goes screwy. I cannot get by without a reliable phone, as I spend better than half my life away from home, and it is not always convenient to break out the laptop to scan emails.

I'm really happy with a good working combination right now, so will stick with it for the forseeable future.
    07-31-11 03:58 AM
    9650 is a great phone but I will be upgrading on day one Sprint release.
    07-31-11 05:48 AM
    IF the 9930 is simply a much faster 9650 with a touchscreen and better cameras ABSOLUTELY NOT....
    ...I'm done being able to open business related .pdf's on my F'ing ipod that my Berry can't open!
    ...RIM has soiled it's own bed very badly with allowing stuff like this to happen.

Which is why I'm about the only one at my Company still using a RIM device...
    ..I've been using the Berry's long enough to get familar with the things I use all the time and frankly liked using RIMS.

When everyone gets emailed the same BUSINESS DOCUMENT in an attachment and you are the ONLY one who can't open the thing because you are the ONLY one on a Blackberry it's time to call a spade a spade.

IF on the other hand RIM has laundered it's bedding and this pdf actually opens I will lean toward getting the 9930....
    ...If it doesn't - Well, I will be posting that in the 9930 / 9900 forum and I will not be nice.
    Hmmm, I open .pdf documents just fine on my 9650, and no not just from email, from media card as well. .pdf will open from emails regardless though. It cost $15 to upgrade docs to go and get the pdf reader, if this is a business phone that expense should be no issue.

To answer the original post, no I will not be upgrading. I won't suffer a touch screen device, which will be the only benefit to the 9930. Yeah, yeah I know all about the new hardware and all that jazz, but you know ? The 9650 was supposed to change the world too. If it IS all its cracked up to be I will likely get it or the latest when my next upgrade arrives.

07-31-11 06:54 AM
    I am off contract now and can upgrade anytime on VZW but there is nothing to go to from the 9650. The 9900 is not that much of an upgrade. I may wait for the I5 when it is released. Never had any Apple products in my life. I guess I can always take it back in the 30 days or 15 or whatever it is now.The problem with all the new full featured smart phones is the battery technology is not keeping pace. The more going on and the faster it works the more battery that is needed. Nobody is thinking battery YET.
    08-04-11 04:40 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD