i saw YM is there on BB app world. but does it work in ATT blackberry? i saw some 2006-07 old threads where it says that YM app doesnt work in ATT phones. is it true now also?
    07-29-09 10:19 PM
    I run Oz messenger, I'am on AT&T. It has WLM AIM YM.

Browser>Media Net>Email & Friends>Mobile IM>.

Shown as DL screen, I used it for over a year. I had it on 5.0.0.100 and iam on 6.4.0.282 V1 Hybrid, I never had any problems with it good luck.
    07-29-09 10:29 PM
    i saw YM is there on BB app world. but does it work in ATT blackberry? i saw some 2006-07 old threads where it says that YM app doesnt work in ATT phones. is it true now also?
    Since day one of my Bold ownership - Yahoo Messenger and AIM have worked flawlessly on it. You just have to remember to sign-out after you close the apps in order to not have them running in the background. They work just like BB Messenger. And - when you have a 3G signal you can be on the phone and using 'em! Now - how cool is that?

Install and Enjoy.

Peace
    Last edited by tediprude; 07-29-09 at 10:43 PM. Reason: left something out....
    07-29-09 10:41 PM
    I have Yahoo Messenger on my Bold. Here's a link to the Yahoo Messenger help site. How do I use Messenger from my mobile device?
    07-29-09 10:44 PM
    I am running 9000/4.6.0.266 and have YIM running just fine for several weeks now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 10:44 PM
    I have Yahoo Messenger on my Bold. Here's a link to the Yahoo Messenger help site. How do I use Messenger from my mobile device?
    did u download the YM from BB app world website? bcoz in there i recall its mentioned that YM doesnt work with ATT devices..
    07-29-09 11:36 PM
    did u download the YM from BB app world website? bcoz in there i recall its mentioned that YM doesnt work with ATT devices..
    No, I went to the Yahoo Messenger site on my PC and downloaded it there.
    07-29-09 11:38 PM
    No, I went to the Yahoo Messenger site on my PC and downloaded it there.
    thanks Lak i downloaded it and it works, thats great. i have two questions:

1. does it use data plan or text message plan?

2. i know how to change the display image, but if i want to change the display image for one specific friend, with whom i am chatting , and not for others, how do i do that?

please inform..
    07-29-09 11:59 PM
    thanks Lak i downloaded it and it works, thats great. i have two questions:

1. does it use data plan or text message plan?

2. i know how to change the display image, but if i want to change the display image for one specific friend, with whom i am chatting , and not for others, how do i do that?

please inform..
    It's part of the data plan. My Avatar is the same as when I'm using Yahoo Messenger on my PC.

07-30-09 12:02 AM
    It's part of the data plan. My Avatar is the same as when I'm using Yahoo Messenger on my PC.

thanks for the very quick reply. i am confused about the answer #2 though, i actually want to know the exact steps about how to change the display image for one specific friend (and not for all)...
    07-30-09 12:14 AM
    I don't know. I've changed my own display image, but I've never changed the display images for any of my Yahoo messenger friends.

07-30-09 12:19 AM
    ok then, may b some other member might b knowing..
    07-30-09 12:34 AM
    Guys can any1 plis help with my question 2 above?

07-30-09 10:21 AM
    Open Yahoo Messenger, click the BB button, scroll down to options, press the trackball, change show display images from yes to no.

You cannot show your display image and hide your contacts' images. You either show all display images or hide all of them.

Now if what you want is to appear offline, then open messenger, click the BB button, scroll down to My Status, press the trackball, and scroll down to Invisible to everyone, and press the trackball again. In the Invisible mode you will still get the IMs that your contacts send but they won't know you're online at the time they send them, so you can just send your contacts a reply when you feel like it.

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by lak611; 07-30-09 at 10:35 AM.
    07-30-09 10:29 AM
    Guys can any1 plis help with my question 2 above?

As far as i know you cant change the avatar for your buddies! they can only change it on theyre end. Ive had YM for months now with no problems at all, its an awesome IM app and i use it all the time! I tried to change others avatars, and also have been told that you cant do it...so theres one answer...hope it may have solved your #2 question....
    07-30-09 10:32 AM
    Even on the PC version of Yahoo Messenger, you can change your own display image (get new backgrounds, clothes, etc. for your Avatar), but you cannot edit your contacts' Avatars. The Avatar they pick is what you see if they choose to create an Avatar and display it. You get a purple smiley if the contacts don't use an Avatar.
    07-30-09 10:38 AM
    hi guys

thanks for yr effort to make it easy for me. but i think u havent got my Question #2. I want to change my display image, not my friends. for example: i have friend A, B, C in my YM list. now i have a default display image that all of 'em can see. suppose i am chating with A and want to show him a different display image, but dont want to show that to B or C, how do i specifically show that to A only?
    (u can do that in the PC version of YM by clicking on your display image on the chat window with your friend and selecting a new pic for display and uncheking the option "show it to everyone".)

and my question is for display image: an image that one can show in a small version at the corner of chat window and one can select any image from his PC to show there.
    Last edited by admirer; 07-30-09 at 05:57 PM.
    07-30-09 05:55 PM
    You can't change YOUR avatar on an individual basis. The avatar you show is and always will be the one seen by ALL your friends.

Maybe in a future release, but not for now.

07-30-09 07:00 PM
    hi guys
    (u can do that in the PC version of YM by clicking on your display image on the chat window with your friend and selecting a new pic for display and uncheking the option "show it to everyone".)

and my question is for display image: an image that one can show in a small version at the corner of chat window and one can select any image from his PC to show there.
    Are you sure about that? I know you used to be able to do that (v8 and older) but not anymore (I think). In the current version of the PC YM if you change your avatar from the chat window, it's changed for everyone.

Last edited by AŁaric; 07-30-09 at 07:06 PM.
    07-30-09 07:03 PM
    I use it constantly. I assure you it works.
    07-30-09 10:12 PM
    I use it constantly. I assure you it works.
    but where do u use it? in YM of your PC or BB? if its BB, then how do u do that?
    07-31-09 12:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD