Hello, I just wanted to know. If I buy a Blackberry 9650 from Sprint, and I take it to MetroFlash it, will it work on MetroPCS? Will the 60$ plan work? Will BIS work? Thanks a lot
    07-09-11 04:28 PM
    hey, i had metro pcs before. yes it will work as far as phone calls and text, but no you wont be able to use the internet, apps, email, etc, the main features of a blackberry!! and i have a 9650 too but its for sprint. they have really good plans and internet service. metro pcs internet sucks, you will always have to use wi-fi.
    07-09-11 04:50 PM
    I recommend just purchasing a MetroPCS branded 8530.
    As said above, yes it'll work but you're limited and a lot of people have problems as time goes on.
    07-09-11 05:16 PM
    You pay for what you get, even though metropcs is less cost, you also get less service. Why have a 9650 with a service that turns your phone into a dumb phone. You will loose over half the capabilities of the Bold 9650 by switching to metropcs.
    07-09-11 06:08 PM
    I see, but I need unlimited worldwide calls, so...
    07-09-11 07:03 PM
    I see, but I need unlimited worldwide calls, so...
    Metro PCS offers unlimited worldwide calls?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-11 01:06 PM
    Metro PCS offers unlimited worldwide calls?

MetroPCS | Rate Finder
    07-10-11 02:23 PM
    Yes, Unlimited Nationwide Long Distance
    07-10-11 05:19 PM
    MetroPCS works good if you reside in big metropolitan cites like San Fransisco, Miami, Chicago, New York.
    Anywhere else is pretty sketchy service, or you're using Travel Talk.
    07-10-11 05:52 PM
    Yes, Unlimited Nationwide Long Distance
    Okay. You had written unlimited worldwide calls. Heck, if that was the case, I'd switch over myself, lol.

07-10-11 06:05 PM
    Okay. You had written unlimited worldwide calls. Heckm if that was the case, I'd switch over myself, lol.

No, they have unlimited INTERNATIONAL calling.
    Unlimited International Calling is available for just $10/month for holders of our $50, $60 (BlackBerry) and 4G Rate Plans.
    07-10-11 06:07 PM
    I entered the international number I often call to see if it was supported for unlimited international calling, and of course it wasn't.

07-10-11 06:15 PM
    I entered the international number I often call to see if it was supported for unlimited international calling, and of course it wasn't.

LOL. Oh MetroPCS....
    07-10-11 06:16 PM
    LOL. Oh MetroPCS....
    Maybe it's just me. Perhaps I just expect too much by wanting to call a mobile phone at an international destination. It might also just be that the country I'm calling is especially problematic. I haven't found any easy (i.e. cheap) way to call there. But the person I'm calling can call my phone for free from her computer using Google talk. Go figure. The problem is she's often without an internet connection.

07-10-11 06:28 PM
    noone seemed to answer the original posters question.

Data works at 1X (on my 8530 [well, actually 1x, lowercase]), although there are rural areas spots where you have no coverage at all, unless you turn on roaming and want to pay roaming charges.

Logicmail works great for instant email. Kind of clunky and raw, but it works!

LifeInPocket works acceptably as a free gps navigation app, it's on AppWorld or on my blog. (in the store they'll say that appworld doesn't work, but it does [it doesn't seem to work over wifi])

Google Maps also works, no spoken navigation, but works great for local searches.

Someday I'll graduate to a real plan with all the trimmings, but in the meantime, I'm happy with it. Plus it's nice to see who's calling (I was using the Google Voice + favorite number on alltel hack for unlimited calls)
    Last edited by nintendo1889; 07-22-11 at 06:23 PM.
    07-22-11 06:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD