I know no one knows here, but what do you guys think the chances of us 9000 users seeing at least a leak of OS 6 that runs on out Berries? I've only been using a BlackBerry for about a year so I haven't experienced RIM's support for older devices with major OS updates. Anyone have some potential insight?

--Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-10 09:59 AM
    I think 256mb of memory is a requirement, but correct me if Im wrong.
    04-20-10 10:45 AM
    No, we don't get it. Too bad, but I can choose a new device around September/October anyway.
    04-20-10 10:51 AM
    No, we don't get it. Too bad, but I can choose a new device around September/October anyway.
    I agree...if we do..it's prolly like the 8330 with the "lite" 5.0. im up for an upgrade around the same time...however this time, im not sure if i would go with another bb or an andriod phone...we will see.
    04-20-10 10:58 AM
    I'll probably jump ship to the new iPhone then if I'm going to have to get a new device anyway.

04-20-10 02:15 PM
    I'll probably jump ship to the new iPhone then if I'm going to have to get a new device anyway.

Settle down, I'd rather have a fully function and stable OS "5" first!
    04-20-10 02:28 PM
    Settle down, I'd rather have a fully function and stable OS "5" first!
    The OS 5 version I'm running is pretty solid (willyboy's 3.1), I bought the BB for multitasking. Since the new iPhone will have that there's really no sense in my buying another BB to get OS 6 unless there's something crazy awesome coming in it that the iPhone won't have.

04-20-10 02:43 PM
    The OS 5 version I'm running is pretty solid (willyboy's 3.1), I bought the BB for multitasking. Since the new iPhone will have that there's really no sense in my buying another BB to get OS 6 unless there's something crazy awesome coming in it that the iPhone won't have.

Adobe Flash ?
    04-20-10 02:47 PM
    Huh, no. PERIOD! No HP or Memory for OS 6. Looks like 9700 user are screwed too.

I love my 9000, but its being left behind by RIM and almost all the TOP Smart phones for 2009.

I am a first time BB and love my keyboard. But its the new 4th gen iPhone or a new Android device next time.

If you a CONSUMER and NOT a BUSINESS user (BES) and don't need/use BBM, why stay with the archaic BB OS!

Yes, I use my BB for business, but any other smart phone will do the same AND allow me to have sub-folders for email. I though email was BB strength? LMAO!
    04-20-10 03:09 PM
    Hurricane,

I have all kinds of sub folders for email, but I'm on BES.
    04-20-10 08:47 PM
    .... Looks like 9700 user are screwed too...
    Where do you get that idea?!

I could deal with no OS6, but we better get Webkit!
    04-20-10 11:41 PM
    OS 6.0 and the Slider (and possibly the Dakota?) seem to be coming out in the upgrade timeframe for those of us on AT&T who picked up the 9000 in the first couple of months after its release.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the 6.0 "lite" referred to for the 9000, but the phone is clearly part of RIM's past now. It is limited in memory and has a creaky trackball, among other things. Don't get me wrong, I love it -- particularly the awesome keyboard -- but time marches on.

I'm eligible for my upgrade in July.

04-21-10 07:31 AM
    Its a tough call, honestly I am really happy with my bold 9000. I will wait and see how things pan out with the new phones that will be launched later this year.
    04-21-10 10:22 AM
    I'm an early adopter of any leaked OS (running .610 now) but OS 6.x.x.x has got to do things like make my Bold rotate the tires on my car for me to give up on the form factor, the screen, the keys and the general toughness of my BB.

The trackball of my original 9000 finally gave out over Easter weekend. Bought a new 9000 and will be perfectly happy to upgrade and downgrade OSs for the next two years.
    04-21-10 10:27 AM
    Sorry for being a noob here,..

But, I'm really hoping OS 6.0 might somehow make it to Bold 9000. Besides ram I can't see anything stoping that from happening.

Can someone please point me into right direction.

bbleaks twitted OS 6.0 leak is coming very soon.. Don't know if that should make me happy or sad
    04-22-10 03:57 AM
    i totally agree with bizzario...and regarding memory..if rim makes some provision for installing apps on media card instead of phone memory then i guess 128mb must be enough...lets keep our fingers crossed and hope we get os6 love too.
    p.s: im a nobb too...dont know much.
    Last edited by Sauravbhattarai; 04-22-10 at 04:56 AM.
    04-22-10 04:40 AM
    I believe CX said somewhere that the Webkit browser will run on the 9000, so I would guess 6.0 would as well. Although given the memory limitation of the 9000, it will probably "technically" run, just like your old 2005 Windows XP computer could "technically" run Windows 7.
    04-22-10 06:09 AM
    @JasW: that is some good news right there. Thank you for that, I hope CX is right!

Just yesterday I've updated to .610 and I like it so far. Maybe it's just me, but my battery lasts a tiny bit longer.

Hope bbleaks, releases some 6.0 leaks soon!
    04-22-10 06:33 AM

From what I have read here and other spots, webikt might not be on the 9700 either.
    04-22-10 08:41 AM

I'd be down with that.

04-22-10 10:02 AM
    Count me in as well..

Webkit is something i'm looking most forward to on my Bold.

Let's hope it happens soon.
    04-22-10 10:11 AM
    If anything comes out it will be a year after before we see it. Just like what happen when 5.0 came out. lol
    04-22-10 10:43 AM
    The front page blog here on CB today seems to indicate that the 9000 might not get anything beyond what it has now, certainly not WebKit. But who knows. If they are talking about new BBs having 512MB of memory, you just know the Bold is old. That is one thing about the Bold that has driven me nuts: the freakin' lack of memory. Too bad you can't just upgrade to more memory.
    04-22-10 03:12 PM
    The front page blog here on CB today seems to indicate that the 9000 might not get anything beyond what it has now, certainly not WebKit. But who knows. If they are talking about new BBs having 512MB of memory, you just know the Bold is old. That is one thing about the Bold that has driven me nuts: the freakin' lack of memory. Too bad you can't just upgrade to more memory.
    Yup, the Best BB made is OLD and will be put of to the pasture soon. It really sucks!
    04-22-10 05:17 PM
  25. deletedaccountkimbercutes824's Avatar
    Why wouldn't the 6.0 be available for 9700 that is the latest BB right now and just barely came out a few months ago?

I hope that I am not going be forced to get the slider just to get 6.0 or that fugly clamshell. I am not sure if I will like the slider or not, only if its not top heavy and has a screen as big as the Storm when closed.
    04-22-10 09:48 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD