I am highly debating on if I should get Driftwood or the 8900. Considering T-Mobile just released the 8520 I would think that its not wise for them to release another BB without waiting atleast 5-6 months. Then again many many CSRs that I talked to said they are expecting a new BB in either September or mid October. Also with all of these 3G towers popping up its a no brainier that they come out with a 3G BB. I wish they would just let everyone know so people can plan their purcahses!
    08-20-09 10:30 PM
    It will hopefully and will probably end up being released in Q4 2009. T-Mobile can release the Driftwood 2 months after the 8520 because the Driftwood is for the high-end of the smartphone market while the 8520 is for the low-end of the smartphone market. I think that T-Mobile may wait until November to launch the Driftwood because they just launched the MyTouch 3G which is a high-profile phone.
    08-20-09 10:34 PM
    get the 8900, when the driftwood shows, sell the 8900 and buy the driftwood. That is what I am doing. Do you have 3G in your area?
    08-20-09 10:36 PM
    It will hopefully and will probably end up being released in Q4 2009. T-Mobile can release the Driftwood 2 months after the 8520 because the Driftwood is for the high-end of the smartphone market while the 8520 is for the low-end of the smartphone market. I think that T-Mobile may wait until November to launch the Driftwood because they just launched the MyTouch 3G which is a high-profile phone.
    Agreed. My coworker has a MyTouch 3G but having been using an iPhone 3G for the past 7 months I'm missing my buttons. Did not know 8520 was considered low end though. Have not done any research on it.
    08-20-09 10:38 PM
    get the 8900, when the driftwood shows, sell the 8900 and buy the driftwood. That is what I am doing. Do you have 3G in your area?
    Yep they just got 3G where I live (Columbus, GA) and I travel to Atlanta all the time and they have 3G there as well. The only place they dont have 3G is where I work and I heard that they will be coming with 3G there in the very near future. I have WiFi in all 3 locations as well.

TBH I really dont even "need" 3G. It will only come in handy when sending/receiving emails with attachments on the go. I have been happy with the edge service on my iPhone for the past month now. Now for an iPhone I think that 3G is defiantly needed but not so sure about a BB.

Comments, thoughts?
    08-20-09 10:41 PM
    Yep they just got 3G where I live (Columbus, GA) and I travel to Atlanta all the time and they have 3G there as well. The only place they dont have 3G is where I work and I heard that they will be coming with 3G there in the very near future. I have WiFi in all 3 locations as well.

TBH I really dont even "need" 3G. It will only come in handy when sending/receiving emails with attachments on the go. I have been happy with the edge service on my iPhone for the past month now. Now for an iPhone I think that 3G is defiantly needed but not so sure about a BB.

Comments, thoughts?
    Yepp 3G is great for data on the go but it will not come without its curse, the great strain on battery life. If you're usually in places that have wifi (home, office, etc.) you probably won't experience much of a difference except for when your downloading/uploading big emails w/ attachments and such on the move. All i really want it for is 3G tethering

I think iPhone is a great device as well but to experience it at its peak you definitely need 3G data for that web kit browser and apps so huge they make BB apps appear to be the size of David compared to the Goliath lol. Sure those web pages would load faster on a 3G BB but i rather wait a few seconds more than to sacrifice my precious battery life. As for sending and receiving emails on the go, EDGE works just fine and I am sure many Bold owners mostly keep their devices on a 2G network majority of the time to conserve battery.
    08-21-09 12:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD