With the new releas of the app world, it got me wondering: will rim ever find a way so we can save our apps to our memory cards or internal memory? Similar to the iPhone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 02:57 PM
    possibly with the official release 5.0
    04-28-09 02:58 PM
    It's a possibility... I know everyone wants it.
    04-28-09 02:59 PM
    There are a few 3rd party software downloads you can get to store your apps on the SD card. You usually have to pay though.

One I believe is Aerize Card Loader but that gets tons of complaints thats why I'll wait until RIM finds a better solution for us. Until then, the App store has been deleted from my device.
    04-28-09 04:09 PM
    As I understand it, there's not going to be a fix. The way things are is intentional, not a bug. I read an interview with the BB CEO saying that the company sees app storage on removable media as a major security risk. Since so much of their business is driven by government bureaus, I don't see them changing their mind.

App world was intended to address this issue by keeping stuff you uninstall stored in you "my world" so you can pull it back down quickly if you want.

The BlackBerry is not intended to be an iPhone. They've made great strides to make it a better media device, but it doesn't have an unlimited amount of space. You have to chose the apps you need and get rid of the rest.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 11:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD