Now with the extra payments necessary for tethering.. will you continue to tether for free?

Telecommunications in the U.S. continues to screw its customers. More and more, I'm pushed to consider Metro PCS with my unlocked phone..

Don't get me started about the oligopoly with text messages where we pay a few hundred to thousand percent more than other countries on top of getting charged for incoming texts. Even the unlimited text plans are a rip off; you would need to send 100,000 texts to break "even" with the costs .
    06-07-10 01:15 PM
    I would say yes, and I am glad of it. With the new pay for the "data you use" type plans, the playing field will now be fair.
    06-07-10 01:46 PM
    You've always been supposed to pay extra for tethering on AT&T. It's never been a free service as far as AT&T is concerned. So I don't think the free tethering -- a violation of the AT&T TOS, if you read the fine print -- is going to stop just because of the new tiered pricing.
    06-07-10 02:15 PM
    According to an ATT customer service rep I spoke with last year, to add tethering to my existing unlimited data plan would cost almost as much as the data plan itself. Under these hew plans, I believe that in the larger of the two plans, a tether add-on is only an extra 10 dollars a month. So they are actually giving folks a break.

By the way - as a business they are free to charge what they believe the market will support - and you are free not to use them.
    06-07-10 06:56 PM
    More and more, I'm pushed to consider Metro PCS with my unlocked phone..
    Metro PCS uses CDMA
    The 9000 is GSM and will not work on Metro PCS
    06-07-10 08:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD