Hey guys,

Will downloading & installing .480 prevent my phone from receiving OTA updates from T-Mobile in future, and will it prevent desktop manager from finding latest official OS from carrier as well if I ever wanted to go back to carrier only OS?

Like if I am on .480, and T-Mobile releases an official one e.g. 478, will I get that update thru DM or OTA?

Thanks in advance!
    03-22-11 01:41 PM
    I believe that for OTA updates to work, you must firstly be using one of your carrier approved OS versions... so that method probably won't detect an update.

Using DM will still detect a carrier update, although in your example it will prompt a OS downgrade suggestion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-11 03:10 PM
    I believe that for OTA updates to work, you must firstly be using one of your carrier approved OS versions... so that method probably won't detect an update.

Using DM will still detect a carrier update, although in your example it will prompt a OS downgrade suggestion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    carrier updates are detected via the phones vendor ID number. so if he was using OS .480 and the carrier releases .487 lets say, it will prompt him to update if he hasnt done so already. it will not however prompt him to update to .477, for example, because its version is lower than the one in use. running a non carrier approved OS should not effect the OTA updates, so long as the version to be updated to is a higher OS than the one that he is currently using.
    03-23-11 09:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD