I am new to this forum and currently do not own a BB. Ive always admired BBs and after hearing about and researching the BBBold i MUST have one. I currently am under Verizon and want the Bold like THE DAY it comes out...is At&t the only one coming out with it first? Or will there be other carriers that have it first as well??
    05-20-08 04:32 PM
    At&t is looking to be the first US carrier, however the rumors are saying it will be released by September for Verizon. If I were you, I would wait until a concrete release timeframe is made public for At&t as well as other carriers before you go and pay an early termination fee that may be completely unnecessary.

I understand full well what the anticipation can be like, and I understand your wanting it on day one, but seriously, an extra month or two isn't worth paying $175 or so, as well as new line activation fees for another carrier.
    05-20-08 05:53 PM
    Hi and welcome.
    05-20-08 07:23 PM
    Trust the sirens call is hard to resist. I paid the ETF to jump from Verizon I just couldn't take it any longer and ultimately I have been much happier with AT&T than I was with Verizon. You will gain greater flexibility on AT&T since Verizon is known to hold your feet to the fire if you try to do things like use the built in GPS with other maps instead of their horrible VZNavigator crap.

As CrazEtooN said wait until you hear more, but with AT&T listed as the first US carrier (Rogers in CN being possibly the first North American carrier) Verizon may not be able to speak out before the blackout window us up with AT&T.

The upside is more apps and other goodies will be updated to support the 480x320 screens so you won't have nearly the aggravation we will.
    05-20-08 09:10 PM
    Welcome 2 the crackberry family.
    05-20-08 10:56 PM
    Welcome to the Crack!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-08 12:51 PM
    Welcome, and if it was me, I would just hold out even though I am just as crazy about the Bold as you are....
    05-24-08 01:45 PM
    welcome to cb!
    05-24-08 01:56 PM
    Welcome to CB I am kind of partial to ATT. I would wait and see what dates or coming but I would probably switch if I were you.
    05-24-08 02:33 PM
    Thanks guys! So after some more time on this forum, Ive decided that i am going to get the curve and wait to see what comes out for Verizon down the road....I dont want to pay $450 for the Curve tho and am not eligible for upgrades quite yet GRRR. do people sell legit curves on ebay for less?
    05-24-08 06:56 PM
    Yep, they are usually a good bit cheaper on eBay.........
    05-24-08 08:52 PM
    I am new to this forum and currently do not own a BB. Ive always admired BBs and after hearing about and researching the BBBold i MUST have one. I currently am under Verizon and want the Bold like THE DAY it comes out...is At&t the only one coming out with it first? Or will there be other carriers that have it first as well??
    (Putting on my bifocals- lol). Welcome to CrackBerry
    05-24-08 09:06 PM
    Welcome to CB! I got my VZW Curve two weeks ago when they came out and I love it! I talked to a few of the reps at my store the other day about why VZW doesn't come out with stuff first - they reminded me that they actually test the phones on their system before passing them on to the customers, so they have less problems once they're released to the public! Congrats on your curve:-)!
    05-24-08 09:11 PM
    Welcome to CB! I got my VZW Curve two weeks ago when they came out and I love it! I talked to a few of the reps at my store the other day about why VZW doesn't come out with stuff first - they reminded me that they actually test the phones on their system before passing them on to the customers, so they have less problems once they're released to the public! Congrats on your curve:-)!
    That isn't the reason, though. Verizon uses a different cell radio technology and they only get the phones when RIM decided to make the phones with that type of radio. AT&T uses GSM radio which is used in almost every country, thus why RIM decides to release that one first.
    05-25-08 07:59 AM
    The reps will tell you anything to make you believe that their company is superior to all others. All carriers, AT&T included, test their devices before releasing them to the general public. In fact, there's a lot of complaints amongst AT&T users that they keep the phones in testing too long because not only do they test but they add branding and software to the phone.
    05-25-08 09:36 AM
    Yep, all that AT&T Music and TV crap....
    05-25-08 12:35 PM
    I am in a simliar situation but I have just gotten the curve (had so many issues with my 8830 I was able to get it free) and I love it.. maybe when the bold hits I will catch the fever but I can see waiting for Sept for the bold on verizon or even better yet waiting for the Touchscreen BB thats supposed to be a verizon only model.
    05-25-08 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD