I saw in Sals pictures that the charging port is in the same spot as the original Tour. Is it staying there on the Essex?
    12-13-09 12:49 PM
    Sal said in a previous post that nothing like that will change.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-09 01:14 PM
    It's my understanding the charging port is slightly closer to the side key. If you look closely at Salomondrin's side by side comparison you can see a slight difference.

12-13-09 05:22 PM
    I hate where the port is, it makes the keyboard next to impossible to used while its plugged in. I wish they would move it up like my old 8330, but its probably too much of a hassle.

12-22-09 08:20 AM
    i agree it needs to be like the 8330.....
    12-22-09 08:59 AM
    I hate the spot on the 8330 and I really don't like the spot on the newer devices. I wish they would just put it at the bottom like most phones. It would make it easier to charge and talk in a car or home without looking like you have an antenna popping out of your head. Lol

12-22-09 10:36 AM
    Even if it would be on the left side, anything is an improvement to where it is now. I hate it, especially when charging in my car and putting my phone in the cup holder. It looks lopsided.

I use a dock at home, I think the Storm 1, which I unfortunately had, had the port on the left. It was easier to thread through my hands and type than it is on the right ride.

And whoever gives me the "space restriction" argument- if there is enough space for my phone to be creaking when I use it, then there's enough space for a port on the left and a wifi chip. A designer was asleep, I reckon...

01-06-10 05:47 AM
    Good question because that's the biggest beef i have with my tour about why they thought to put the charging port in such a inconvinient area boggles my mind
    01-09-10 12:54 PM
    Good question because that's the biggest beef i have with my tour about why they thought to put the charging port in such a inconvinient area boggles my mind
    seriously! haha makes absolutely no sense why they would ever even consider putting it where it is right now. I mean all they would have to do is attempt to use the phone while its charging and they would realize that its ridiculously hard. Guess they never tried that though??
    01-10-10 03:37 AM
    Here's one solution to that problem...

Micro USB right-angle adapter

01-10-10 10:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD