I wonder how many each store is gonna get, something tells me it won't be enough... Oh well, one thing I love about this town is not many people are THAT into phones and such like that.. So they're always available! Video games however is another story... Reserve it or wait for a few months. (College towns... gotta love 'em.)
    06-09-08 05:17 PM
    I hope that they have enough...Chicago should get a good size.
    06-12-08 11:14 PM
    I think the best option would be the premier site if you can get it through them. Stores don't usually get enough devices until about a week or so after a launch.
    06-12-08 11:53 PM
    I am a fan of BlackBerrys too, but I think you guys are getting a little too carried away with this. The Bold will be great and all, but it is not a mad rush causing, line forming release by any means.

I think there will be plenty and that you can walk in on launch day at any point in time and go home with a Bold. I could be wrong of course, but I know there were no lines at any of my local At&t stores when the Curve launched.
    Last edited by CrazEtooN; 06-13-08 at 12:19 AM.
    06-12-08 11:54 PM
    i think it depends on where you live and where you are planning to go to get your phone. i know around here there are some BBs, but not that many. im a BB nut already, but im the only one of my friends with one and i know only a few people with them. so when the bold launches here im thinking the local verizon store will see a good number customers but not a mad rush (i live next to lowell, ma...large city about 30 mi north of boston). now in boston (and other large cities) on the other hand, im thinking a greater deal of people because of the number of people in the city as well as many tech nuts, BB nuts, and business people looking to snag the latest and greatest device on the market.

i guess we'll really just have to wait and see how things pan out..
    06-13-08 12:00 AM
    I agree win craze on this one. Its not going to be a mad rush and sell out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-08 12:36 AM
    Well I think the demand for this is lower than other devices, like the iPhone, so i think you will be able to walk in and walk out with one. But i could be wrong too

I am going to get my bold when my contract is up in August so I should have no problem. Maybe by then the price will be down?
    06-13-08 12:39 AM
    True we will very likely be able to get one on launch day and the day after that and after that, oh wait the iPhone had HUGE lines for days, weeks even and wait for it, you could just walk in the next day and get one too. Not to be so tongue and cheek (again) but really I don't see any freakin device selling out (Wii is artificially restricted to create demand, hype and pricing).

I feel confident enough that both phones will sell very well, the big difference is corp buyers will order like 5,000 BB Bolds so they won't on a PO and won't be in line to pick them up.
    06-14-08 03:35 PM
    The Wii was a BS sellout... They did that on purpose and Bestbuy was my part-time job. Stores not having it made people think they the Wii was better than it really was..

Bold... I will just order over the phone, overnight.

iPhone... I will try to use my AT&T badge to get in front of the lines... Lol. I don't know if the lines will be as crazy as the first iPhone. A lot of people just want the apps and can get this with 2.0. GPS and 3G isn't something that forms crowds.
    06-14-08 03:58 PM
    The Wii was a BS sellout... They did that on purpose and Bestbuy was my part-time job. Stores not having it made people think they the Wii was better than it really was..

Bold... I will just order over the phone, overnight.

iPhone... I will try to use my AT&T badge to get in front of the lines... Lol. I don't know if the lines will be as crazy as the first iPhone. A lot of people just want the apps and can get this with 2.0. GPS and 3G isn't something that forms crowds.
    LOL...When I worked for AT&T, it never did anything for me!
    06-14-08 05:45 PM
    I'm sure that is a problem ATT faces, they canKt deal with iPhone and BBB launching at the same time. There. Would be too many buyers and subs coming in at once. Again, a sign that there may be a distance between the two launches.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-08 05:50 PM
    It could also depend on when the fiscal quarter ends for AT&T vs Apple vs RIM. Who needs the revenue #'s most. Apple may have run out a bit sooner than they wanted or they delayed the launch, I know that would not happen under Steve's watch but Apple has been missing their dates over the past year, whether its 2 weeks or 6 months they have missed dates. Still better than MS thats for sure.
    06-15-08 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD