While your family is imporant, they are not relevant.

In two tiny years, Apple's iPhone zoomed to 24 million users and is still growing aggressively. BlackBerry took 15 slow years to get to 40 million users and their user base is falling.

A family full of BlackBerry addicts here and there or a family full of iPhone addicts here are there are completely irrelevant. There are probably full families who use the Palm. It doesn't matter.

What's relevant is that the iPhone is undeniably growing at a trend that if left unchecked will leave the BlackBerry in the dust. And those are statistical facts.
    Your post is a very good one but can you explain the last semtence to me. How does your opinion although pretty much true in the since that apple could leave Blackberry behind a statistical fact. Can you show me the stats? I get what point your trying to make but what you said should have been left to a in my personal opinion. I dont believe you have facts to show that if Blackberry leaves Apple unchecked (which they definetly aren't doing, Storm, threade SMS) they will be left in the dust. I know im being picky but your post was really well written until that last part.
    Last edited by CrackberryBrandon; 02-16-10 at 09:53 PM.
    02-16-10 09:51 PM
    can you justify your statement with some solid evidence, or are you just here to make meaningless statements.
    I'll justify it. Look at all the great apps for iPhone like this!

02-16-10 10:37 PM
    I like meat because animals are involved.

And no, they will not be obsolete. It's amusing how many people make posts without the slightest bit of experience or knowledge about a particular subject.
    02-16-10 11:40 PM
    Interesting topic here. My 2 cents are that RIM definitely does need to innovate some. However, they cannot alienate their core user base who could easily be turned off by too much change. RIM owns the corporate world and they know it. If I could use a an android phone at work, I would. I do not see that day coming anytime soon though.

My largest complaint about RIM is the browser and it seems like they are working on that. I also think they need to come out with more large screen devices. When you look at the iphone, droid and nexus one it is quite clear what direction smartphones are taking in terms of screen size.

Anyway, most of you are missing the mark on this one...RIM may seem boring or outdated to you but its core customer base likes the familiarity of the blackberry experience.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Funny you mention this... I was reading an article just a few weeks ago about what the Android really means for google (in terms of the corporate world). In summary, the author was saying that while the Android competes with the iPhone for the consumer market... (appstores, maps/gps, multimedia, cloud computing, etc.) ..phones such as the Nexus One provide enough features to begin to provide SMEs an opportunity to ditch Microsoft Exchange/BES and use Google Apps.

So maybe an Android is not as mature as the iPhone, but it leverages all the Google Apps... Thus, you are connected to google (ie. one with the google matrix..lol). For SMEs with limited budgets, they no longer have to deal with the complexities and costs of setting up email/collaboration servers and outsource it to google for a fraction of the cost via their Google Apps Standard / Premier Edition. Furthermore, they can sync with their smartphone and have this information on the go... providing a "richer (corporate world) experience." Currently, it has BlackBerry and Microsoft Outlook interoperability, but the Androids really take it to the next level by utilizing the most of the Google Apps. Also, Google Apps does not do what BES can do, but it certainly do the most common things.

Granted, I just started using Google Apps Standard Edition and I have only played with an Android in the store, I think the authors opinion (not necessarily mine) is something worth considering down the road. As an iPhone 3GS and BlackBerry Curve 8900 (soon to be Bold 9700) user, it certainly got me thinking. And I think it got RIM thinking as well...ie. free BESX. When I set up BES for my small company, it was very expensive, took a while, and required a BES data plan for each user.

Like everyone else here, I enjoy my BB a lot. I just wish RIM would get with the program a little faster. In the last few months we got threaded messaging. Now we have free BESX. This year we will get a web browser and maybe OpenGL??
    02-17-10 12:28 AM
    Asheville North Carolina explains it all
    Yeah, that's probably it!
    02-17-10 03:04 AM
    Out of reading through the whole thing this morning, this is what I'm getting....

Someone engaged in quite interesting hyperbole about a "mass majority" of users moving away from RIM and to other platforms. This, without one iota of proof or data.
    This led into some questioning as to whether RIM needs to step up to the plate and develop better devices.
    Then this evolved into the ubiquitous my-phone-is-better-than-yours argument.

All of which was quite interesting.

That devolved into some questioning of the intelligence of NC. Not the best move I think, as there was nothing gained.

So, in conclusion....will RIM be around next year? Since someone was kind enough to post actual data showing what we suspected, that there was no mass migration, the response is YES they will most absolutely be here next year. Will they need to evolve? YES they need to improve on what is arguably the best business centric device on the market. Will it go the way of Palm in this year? No, that platform was not as robust and did not have a core that was had invested heavily in its platform.

Lesson learned? Folks, if you're going to throw statements like "mass majority" and "everyone" in some segment of the population is doing this one thing or another, post facts and not just take ideas out of your head like Zeus and pretend it's fact. Don't get me wrong, this is quite entertaining, but when it devolves into ridiculing an entire state or group of people, it smacks or arrogance and it's offensive. And frankly, it's what people do when they don't have an actual factual stance - they attack personally since they have nothing of substance to say.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled flame throwing session....
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 02-17-10 at 04:13 AM.
    02-17-10 04:07 AM
    Qbnkelt, did you just now notice
    this?!
    Typical public forum BS, some
    ppl will never learn...
    02-17-10 05:37 AM
    RIM / BlackBerry develops communications devices for: Government, Military, Corporations, Law Enforcement, Medical Industries and finally consumers. BlackBerry - BlackBerry Smartphone and PDA Solution at BlackBerry.com

Apple / Iphone developed a mobile phone, an Ipod, and an internet appliance all in one. The Iphone IS designed for the consumer market as an "entertainment device". Apple - iPhone - Find out why you�€™ll love iPhone.

Thus; in My Humble Opinion the Iphone is a tOy!

As for "CrackberryBrandon" and "iPhoneLoyalist"; please!

As for the "Asheville North Carolina explains it all" quip...whatever man!

As for BlackBerry devices becoming obsolete; doubtful at best!

"Class dismissed!"
    Last edited by jshuford; 02-17-10 at 06:19 AM.
    02-17-10 05:56 AM
    Qbnkelt, did you just now notice
    this?!
    Typical public forum BS, some
    ppl will never learn...
    Man, I can handle the hyperbole, because it is what it is. But the NC mocking was a bit much. Don't you think that some thing should remain inviolate?!?

02-17-10 06:01 AM
    RIM / BlackBerry develops communications devices for: Government, Military, Corporations, Law Enforcement, Medical Industries and finally consumers. BlackBerry - BlackBerry Smartphone and PDA Solution at BlackBerry.com

Apple / Iphone developed a mobile phone, an Ipod, and an internet appliance all in one. The Iphone IS designed for the consumer market as an "entertainment device". Apple - iPhone - Find out why you’ll love iPhone.

Thus; in My Humble Opinion the Iphone is a tOy!

As for "CrackberryBrandon" and "iPhoneLoyalist"; please!

As for the "Asheville North Carolina explains it all" quip...whatever man!

As for BlackBerry devices becoming obsolete; doubtful at best!

"Class dismissed!"
    ok so you sent me a private MSG of what you already posted in the thread. Alrighty then, newbie I would have read it, you don't have to waste your time filling up my inbox of things you posted, that's just weird.

On to your post congrats on posting something most blackberry users know who are usual posters in the CB forums. your really added some value to the thread, and stop pm'ing me what you post who does that? Look it's ok I understand your opinion and respect it just let it go man it's gonna be all right.
    Last edited by CrackberryBrandon; 02-17-10 at 07:44 AM.
    02-17-10 07:40 AM
    Well... I repeated my posting in a private message in case you didn't understand it.
    02-17-10 07:44 AM
    Well... I repeated my posting in a private message in case you didn't understand it.
    Hahaha does that even make sense what you just said. You sent me the exact messege you posted on this thread in a private messege just in case I didn't understand it. The SAME thing you posted here.

Hahahahahaha OMG. Ok lets say I didn't understand your post why do you think pm'ing the same post would help me understand what I already didn't. Does that make any sense jshuford.

Alright alright let's end this before it just gets even more ********. You really don't seem to bright bud.
    02-17-10 07:54 AM
    Feeling a little "rabid" today, aren't you?

"rabid"; Rabid - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
    Last edited by jshuford; 02-17-10 at 08:04 AM.
    02-17-10 07:57 AM
    Feeling a little "rabid" today, aren't you?

"rabid"; Rabid - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
    Come on man let it go you win hahahahaha

I can't keep laughing at you my abs are killing me right now fm your last couple of post, it is a good Start to my day though DC is dull at times.
    02-17-10 08:05 AM
    Have a nice day.
    Last edited by jshuford; 02-17-10 at 08:16 AM.
    02-17-10 08:11 AM
    I am very interested in the pre.....
    I went to the BB because when I was due for an upgrade from my winmo q9m, not many options on verizon.....
    Not a big droid fan.
    Take away some of the bells and whistles and a phone still needs to be able to make calls.

I need solid PIM, calendar, tasks, contacts, etc. and a device that can make calls.

I have that with the BB OS.
    I am very interested in the pre too. The only bad thing I have heard about it is the battery life is so so.

I definitely will be trying one when it comes to att in may. It seems like the closest thing to BlackBerry in terms of the OS.

02-17-10 09:44 AM
    Man, I can handle the hyperbole, because it is what it is. But the NC mocking was a bit much. Don't you think that some thing should remain inviolate?!?

Yeah some things should, but I think we hoping
    for a damn miracle or something lol. Doubt
    it will ever happen in this world...
    02-17-10 10:01 AM
    Aaaahhh....see....I believe in miracles! I've got an adorable little girl and a scrumptious little boy to prove it!!!!
    02-17-10 11:15 AM
    R.I.M. needs to overhaul their OS its quite outdated I know many people prefer the easy use and all but what about the mass majority going to android and iPhone? rim needs to know that tey will be overtaken by phones that are now providing many buisness solutions at better speeds and better quality...the 9700 can definantly stand on its own but by no means even comes close to the Nexus one or iPhone in terms of apps or development on the device....just look at headlines like "RIM finally decides to make a twitter app"? really what took so long?
    What a pile of dung. The Blackberry is not a fashion phone like the ones you mention, when they are forgotten RIM will still occupy that niche for people who want a serious comms device.

02-17-10 12:07 PM
    What a pile of dung. The Blackberry is not a fashion phone like the ones you mention, when they are forgotten RIM will still occupy that niche for people who want a serious comms device.

Careful what you post!!! It seems that some people here have forgotten to take their medication's today.
    02-17-10 12:37 PM
    Blackberry could become obsolete in the comsumer market (very unlikly and only if an act of GOD occurs) but it will never be obsolete in the corprate market.
    02-17-10 12:57 PM
    Blackberry could become obsolete in the comsumer market (very unlikly and only if an act of GOD occurs) but it will never be obsolete in the corprate market.
    Thats basically it right there ppl ^^^
    Well said

Blackberry will NOT be obsolete,
    just about ever. End thread...
    Last edited by Macneil_S4; 02-17-10 at 01:25 PM.
    02-17-10 01:15 PM
    OK now....I can't believe that I'm going to say this...but...

It really isn't reasonable to say that RIM will *never* be replaced for the corporate market.

Ok....end thread!
    02-17-10 01:54 PM
    Hahaha does that even make sense what you just said. You sent me the exact messege you posted on this thread in a private messege just in case I didn't understand it. The SAME thing you posted here.

Hahahahahaha OMG. Ok lets say I didn't understand your post why do you think pm'ing the same post would help me understand what I already didn't. Does that make any sense jshuford.

Alright alright let's end this before it just gets even more ********. You really don't seem to bright bud.
    I think you meant he doesn't seem TOO bright...bud...

Lol the irony was too sweet to pass up.

02-17-10 03:51 PM
    I've been a user and fan of Blackberry for about 4 years. I've had a couple of first-generation Curves, and when I needed to replace my personal phone, I researched and purchased the Tour on Verizon. In past lives, I had Bberry because my company selected it for me. This time, I decided it was the best for me given several things, including the ease of use in the keyboard, email support, upgraded camera (3.2mp), and other reasons.

This said, I almost purchased the Droid. In almost - almost - every way, it is a superior device. It's compact, has full qwerty keyboard, a 5 mp camera, large screen, easier browser, and other advantages. My reason for staying with Bberry was twofold: 1) I could sync Outlook calendar, tasks, memos via the desktop manager without sharing my life with Google, and 2) the keyboard on the Droid was hard to use (flat keys, hard to get to top row of keyboard for larger hands like mine.

I know Droid, and indeed other first-wave Android 2.0 phones, have other quirks as well. Most are firmware-specific, and can and likely will be fixed soon (e.g. camera issues). Others will likely work out for the next wave of devices. My point is, Blackberry should accelerate some of their technology development before assuming the corporate world is theirs forever. All it would take is a couple of major companies to influence Google to, for example, make Outlook sync more straightforward, and the tables would turn for Bberry.

Again, I love my Blackberry, but would love it more, and be more likely to stay with them, if I could have a few improvements:
    - better camera
    - larger screen
    - combine touch screen and qwerty physical keyboard

RIM has been relatively active lately with device launch, but I'd love to see them take a leap forward.
    02-20-10 04:10 PM
251 ... 7891011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD