Historically does sprint beat verizon to the punch on updates?
    I'm to frieghtened to use anything but an official relerase from
    Verizon because of problem that I'm reading about. Plus to much
    unknow brick schtick fo me to dabble.

Whats a good educted guess foe a Verizon release?
    12-17-11 10:47 AM
    No guess on the timing, but VZW is usually way behind the other carriers in releasing OS updates. So, don't hold your breath, you will pass out.
    12-17-11 10:56 AM
    Well either way my phone bricked on Verizons last build, so I wouldn't exactly trust their choices 100% either. I'm on a Verizon 9930, using the Sprint 7.1 build. It can't be much worst than 374 since it bricked on that anyways.

But so far so good. Seems better overall. Some bugs were fixed and its smooth/fast so far. But we'll see how it holds up over time.

Btw, Verizon is currently testing BB7.1 builds. How soon they release though is difficult to tell. They were the last to release a build so it was only natural Sprint was expected to approve another build. Now its Verizon's turn. I would say by January sounds reasonable.
    Last edited by UrbanGlowCam; 12-17-11 at 10:58 AM.
    12-17-11 10:56 AM
    Well either way my phone bricked on Verizons last build, so I wouldn't exactly trust their choices 100% either. I'm on a Verizon 9930, using the Sprint 7.1 build. It can't be much worst than 374 since it bricked on that anyways.

But so far so good. Seems better overall. Some bugs were fixed and its smooth/fast so far. But we'll see how it holds up over time.
    Does it still have PTT? I know about the hot spot, but what else does it have? Will I have to reinstall all of my apps if I do an upgrade?
    12-17-11 10:58 AM
    Does it still have PTT? I know about the hot spot, but what else does it have? Will I have to reinstall all of my apps if I do an upgrade?
    I'm not sure if it still has PTT or not since I never use it. I can't imagine them getting rid of it if it had it before. Seems to have more NFC tag features and payment options as well. But performance seems improved (so far). You can update and keep your apps but make sure you do a backup just in case.
    12-17-11 11:36 AM
    I'm not sure if it still has PTT or not since I never use it. I can't imagine them getting rid of it if it had it before. Seems to have more NFC tag features and payment options as well. But performance seems improved (so far). You can update and keep your apps but make sure you do a backup just in case.
    Thanks, update with Bold is like a super must do, even if you breath on it!

Where can I download the upgrade?
    12-17-11 11:39 AM
    So you get mobile hotspot which you have to pay for anyway. What exactly is the point of upgrading? .374 is rock sold and I see no reason to upgrade until Verizon's release is official.
    12-17-11 04:34 PM
    If you can download the Sprint version of OS and load it to your phone if you want the features of the OS 7.1 right now.

Telus is super super slow, but I have my mobile hotspot up and running with no issues at all.
    12-17-11 04:38 PM
    It doesn't matter which carrier releases the OS. A 9930 is a 9930 OS.

No guess on the timing, but VZW is usually way behind the other carriers in releasing OS updates. So, don't hold your breath, you will pass out.
    This isn't really true either. Both VZW and Sprint had the 9650. Sprint released 6.0.0415, then VZW released 6.0.0.433 and 6.0.0.524. Sprint followed 6.0.0.600. Not so way behind.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 12-17-11 at 06:32 PM.
    12-17-11 06:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD