I was going to order it online but then figure I might as well wait and pick it up on Thursday. Then I remembered I have no actual confirmation. So is it for sure gonna be in stores on Thursday? Thanks guys!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-11 11:26 PM
    I got mine tonight (08/22/2011) from a VZW Corporate Store, and was told that each of the local stores received four already to sell to customers. They will be awaiting shipment on the rest (by week's end). Hope this helps.
    08-22-11 11:52 PM
    Im in the same boat as you. As many reviews as I've seen online, I would still rather touch it in real life before I pull trigger.
    08-22-11 11:56 PM
    Thanks guys and MrsBrown! I have the day off tomorrow so ill be scouring PHX in search for one tomorow. Cant even wait. This will be my first BB and im switching from Android. I mainly want to have a full 2 weeks to make sure i want to keep it which im sure i will! Just dont want to worry bout shipping it back if there is any issues
    08-23-11 01:48 AM
    All rumors point to the 25th... you can drive to your local VZ stores and maybe they'll sell you one upfront tomorrow or Wednesday.
    BEWARE: they'll try and push you to an Android or iPhone phone.
    flash24 likes this.
    08-23-11 01:51 AM
    The vzw store I went to had two units to sell this past Saturday.

08-23-11 02:02 AM
    I might go to a Verizon store to see what kind of accessories they carry for the 9930.
    08-23-11 05:43 AM
    I was going to order it online but then figure I might as well wait and pick it up on Thursday. Then I remembered I have no actual confirmation. So is it for sure gonna be in stores on Thursday? Thanks guys!

None of my local Detroit area stores have any yet and can't confirm they will have them on the 25th.

My VZW rep at my local store (handles all our business' 3g/4g wireless cards) didn't have any in store nor did their system showing they would receive any in store until 8/29. He said they get drop shipped and sometimes they just show up. I had him order me one from the store system to be shipped to me and I should be getting it tomorrow. I was going to buy at the store so he could get the sales credit, but I couldn't wait any longer! He will get the credit also. I try to help out good sales people when I can and I have been working with him for years now.

On a side note, since my wife was looking at getting a smartphone (BB of course), he mentioned a rebate in the form of a $100 visa card for individuals who switch from a non-smartphone to a smartphone through 9/30; be sure to check your local VZW for more details.
    08-23-11 06:29 AM
    I was put on the waiting list for my local store (Springville NY) a week ago, told that the phones would be in on the 25th. Yesterday (Monday), they left a v/m, they now have phones! Today, I'm headed down there, so apparantly there ARE some locations that now have the Bold 9930's!
    08-23-11 06:33 AM
    I would say visit your local Verizon Corp. stores they will likely have demo units out and more than likely you can get them. Stores are selling them already so go for it.
    08-23-11 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD