On my 9780 i wanted to do something urgent with my phone but it was having some problems so i restarted it to solve it but it took around 3-4 minutes as i wanted to use it urgently it was annoying, i felt like smashing it against the wall
    07-08-11 06:14 PM
    How did you get the device?

Just wondering haha.
    I no someone who has a link in Canada who gets them shipped over, and yes no branding, unlocked and says bold on the back
    07-08-11 06:15 PM
    I no someone who has a link in Canada who gets them shipped over, and yes no branding, unlocked and says bold on the back
    So How good is it? Is it worth waiting?
    Is it the Best BlackBerry yet?
    How is the browsing, display, overall multimedia experience??
    Are you very very satisfied, or there is something else you would like to have in your BlackBerry??

Please let me know.
    07-08-11 08:22 PM
    My first blackberry has os4.2, and what I have noticed with every new os, the reboot time takes longer and longer.

4.2 - approx 2-3 minutes
    4.5 - approx 3-4 minutes
    5.0 - approx 5-6 minutes
    6.0 - approx 7-8 minutes

Is this becoming the norm with rim? at one point someone has to yell wtf already. You can boot android/ios even windows 7 pc in less than a minute, and these are much more complex and robust systems.
    1 minute and 37 seconds.

Get a life
    07-09-11 06:19 AM
    On my 9780 i wanted to do something urgent with my phone but it was having some problems so i restarted it to solve it but it took around 3-4 minutes as i wanted to use it urgently it was annoying, i felt like smashing it against the wall
    If you were having problems with your phone, you need to look back at what you have done to it and what you have running to make sure it is not "user induced error" In the mean time look for some anger management help!
    07-09-11 06:22 AM
    It's been my experience that as hardware improves, so does the boot time. The one exception is my Tour which takes about 15 minutes to turn on, and if it's not plugged in, will restart halfway through the process.
    Wow, my tour has always been around 3 to 4 minutes.
    07-09-11 07:13 AM
    You need to shrink your OS and or remove some Apps so you phone has some free memory to operate. I would say approx 30mb min for your phone to perform. 50mb and it will run even better.

Get the bbh-plus Tool and use shrink-a-os to free up some space. BBH-Plus Forums - Home
    lyricidal likes this.
    07-09-11 10:53 AM
    just updated to the latest firmware, and it took 60 seconds to reboot. previously it was 1minute 15 seconds, so its 15seconds faster
    07-09-11 02:54 PM
    the amount of apps and data impact boot time. i used to have a 9650 that took 8 minutes with os6 but on a fresh install it was about 2 and a half minutes. my 9700 now boots in a little over a minute after a fresh install and about 4 with all my apps and data, so even the promising number i hear out there on the 990 are questionable since we dont know how much data is on them.
    i have about 1000 contacts, 2500 calendar items, 2 email accounts wih 30 days of heavy email each and about 30 apps.
    07-09-11 05:11 PM
    My bold 9650 takes 7 or so minutes to load. And my Storm2 9550 took longer (probably 10 minutes or so!).

OS6 is quicker than OS5 for me... but still even 2 minutes is long when my iPad takes 15 seconds and my mom's droid2 about the same.
    07-09-11 05:27 PM
    Glorious FastBoot on Evo4g. Takes 8-10 seconds to reboot.

Old 9650 took about 6 minutes

Am looking forward to this phone though. Can't use my phone at work so I want one that is more text/talk friendly. I got this because at old job I sat around bored a lot so wanted a phone I could watch movies or play games on. Evo4g is beautiful for that. Using a WiiMote to play ENDS or Playstation1 games is great fun.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-11 08:23 PM
    I was just wondering why anyone would want to reboot so often that boot time would be an issue? I go weeks sometimes without a reboot and when I do it's just because I do a fair amount of app swapping since my 9000 doesn't have much memory.
    07-10-11 01:27 AM
    My first blackberry has os4.2, and what I have noticed with every new os, the reboot time takes longer and longer.

4.2 - approx 2-3 minutes
    4.5 - approx 3-4 minutes
    5.0 - approx 5-6 minutes
    6.0 - approx 7-8 minutes

Is this becoming the norm with rim? at one point someone has to yell wtf already. You can boot android/ios even windows 7 pc in less than a minute, and these are much more complex and robust systems.
    my torch takes around 5-6 minutes!! so this is a fair question & one id like answered by RIM.
    07-10-11 06:26 AM
    my torch takes around 5-6 minutes!! so this is a fair question & one id like answered by RIM.
    My 9700 takes about 2minutes to boot, and I am running 6.0.0.448

If your boot time is slow, cleanup your messages/emails/etc, look at how many apps you have installed and if any are doing anything on boot. You wouldn't yell @ gates or jobs for the slow boot time on your pc after owning it awhile... Or would you???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-11 06:41 AM
    I know. The whole battery pull thing is embarrassing too. QNX will fix that.
    I am betting it will not. My Playbook locked up often. You got more faith in QNX than me!
    07-10-11 06:42 AM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD