Good God! I want one of these now!
    07-07-11 06:37 PM
    I'm sure it has a lot to do with the cr@p on people's phones in most cases. I've never had a boot time of longer than 2 minutes on my 9000, 9700 or my Torch when I had it. In fact it's usually around 60-90 seconds. Then again, I don't install hundreds of useless apps. I'm sure many of those things work their way into the startup in much the same way as things do in Windows. Keep it clean and tidy and you won't have any problems!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-11 06:39 PM
    I'm sure it has a lot to do with the cr@p on people's phones in most cases. I've never had a boot time of longer than 2 minutes on my 9000, 9700 or my Torch when I had it. In fact it's usually around 60-90 seconds. Then again, I don't install hundreds of useless apps. I'm sure many of those things work their way into the startup in much the same way as things do in Windows. Keep it clean and tidy and you won't have any problems!

True, the more apps, and messages and stuff that are loaded on the phone, the longer it takes to boot up (since the OS scans the installed apps and also loads the messages into RAM + other crap)
    07-07-11 06:42 PM
    Good God! I want one of these now!
    it runs so smooth, and its a pre-release, imagine the official release another thing, the keyboard on the 9900 is amazing, soft and easy to type you will notice a massive difference, I have anyway! from my 9780.
    07-07-11 06:45 PM
    Awesome! I like how it notices whenever the user reset the device/pulled the battery and asks for feedback lol, at least RIM's aware of THAT issue. lol

Have you tried any existing OpenGL games on the device to see how it runs? (Like 3D Brickbreaker or 3D PBA Bowling, they're available as a free trial in app world)
    07-07-11 06:49 PM
    Awesome! I like how it notices whenever the user reset the device/pulled the battery and asks for feedback lol, at least RIM's aware of THAT issue. lol

Have you tried any existing OpenGL games on the device to see how it runs? (Like 3D Brickbreaker or 3D PBA Bowling, they're available as a free trial in app world)
    I have brickbreaker on there, its mad fast!! colours and stuff are on point aswell. its a massive improvement from the 9780.
    purijagmohan likes this.
    07-07-11 06:51 PM
    I have brickbreaker on there, its mad fast!! colours and stuff are on point aswell. its a massive improvement from the 9780.
    Really? even the native one is better?

I was actually referring to this one:

Free Aces 3D Brick Breaker Classic - Download Aces 3D Brick Breaker Classic - Free Games from BlackBerry App World

It's for OpenGL devices though (Currently only the Storm2, Curve 8530 and Bold 9650) won't work on any current in-market GSM-only Blackberries but was wondering if it would work on the 9900 you have.
    07-07-11 06:54 PM
    lemme check the appworld on the phone see if its there and il test it
    07-07-11 06:56 PM

The 9000 has always booted faster than the 9700.
    07-07-11 06:58 PM
    Really? even the native one is better?

I was actually referring to this one:

Free Aces 3D Brick Breaker Classic - Download Aces 3D Brick Breaker Classic - Free Games from BlackBerry App World

It's for OpenGL devices though (Currently only the Storm2, Curve 8530 and Bold 9650) won't work on any current in-market GSM-only Blackberries but was wondering if it would work on the 9900 you have.
    dpnt think its available for the 9900 yet cant find it on app world
    07-07-11 06:59 PM
    dpnt think its available for the 9900 yet cant find it on app world
    Probably since your phone is "not supported" (i.e. not listed under supported phones) it doesn't show up for you
    07-07-11 07:05 PM
    Probably since your phone is "not supported" (i.e. not listed under supported phones) it doesn't show up for you
    Lol. How many apps actually show up there?
    I'm talking to Money Btw.

Also I wanna see brick breaker.
    Last edited by Deathcommand; 07-07-11 at 07:20 PM.
    07-07-11 07:16 PM
    My curve on OS5 only takes about 2-3 minutes to boot and I hear that it is one of the worse ones.
    07-07-11 07:19 PM
    Lol. How many apps actually show up there?

quite a bit, attached some screen munches.
    Masahiro likes this.
    07-07-11 07:29 PM
    Just out of curiosity if you don't mind my asking how did you get a hold of one of these bad boys!

07-07-11 08:26 PM
    Wanna post a video?

Just did a quick video of the reboot.
    Left to right:

9930 on 7.0.0.187
    9780 on 6.0.0.600
    9700 on 6.0.0.499
    9000 on 5.0.0.1067

Sorry for the quality.... was from my iPhone...
    07-07-11 08:34 PM
    your in the UK have you tried watching a Youtube video on 3G any buffering? are you testing for Vodafone or is that your device? just asking in case you got a release date for Voda.
    07-07-11 08:38 PM
    forgot the link....

Masahiro and kyopo like this.
    07-07-11 09:29 PM
    Wow. Check out that screen munch of the home screen... No more colour-banding!
    07-07-11 09:50 PM
    My Pearl 9100 is fully loaded with apps and it reboots in about 2 minutes flat... with OS6!
    07-07-11 11:26 PM
    it'll be somewhat slow compared to other devices. i remember when OS6 came out i thought it was so much faster than OS5. then after using it for a while and having all my stuff on it, it was backing to being super slow. meh. whatevr. not the biggest of issues. i mean how often does one have to do a hard boot anyway.

also, remember that those that are fanboys will always remember their best reboot times whereas the haters will always remember the worst reboot times. the truth is somewhere in the middle,

ohh, my torch has a 16gb mem card loaded with lots of usic and videos. but i think its common to assume people will have lots of media on their device. that shouldn't be a valid excuse for slow reboot.
    Last edited by avmsam; 07-07-11 at 11:41 PM.
    07-07-11 11:38 PM
    your in the UK have you tried watching a Youtube video on 3G any buffering? are you testing for Vodafone or is that your device? just asking in case you got a release date for Voda.
    its my device, and yes no buffering at all for me, but vodafone has a very strong signal in london anyway.
    07-08-11 02:03 AM
    its my device, and yes no buffering at all for me, but vodafone has a very strong signal in london anyway.
    How did you get the device?

Just wondering haha.
    07-08-11 10:03 AM
    I like Money's better. No Branding. :P
    07-08-11 10:09 AM
    also, remember that those that are fanboys will always remember their best reboot times whereas the haters will always remember the worst reboot times. the truth is somewhere in the middle.
    I'm a fanboy.. I said my worst. it's now 17 minutes
    07-08-11 10:10 AM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD