I bought a Bold 9780on ebay recently.

I�m very excited about using it, however I�m already fuming about a wi-fi problem I have.

The first time I connected to my home wifi, it was fine. Worked a treat.

After going to work and coming back, it won�t connect again, I got the �failed to associate with the network� error.

Pulling the battery a few times seemed to sort it, however:

I live in a fairly large house with thick walls, so the wifi signal varies. Once I move out of wi-fi range, it looses connection, and then won�t re-connect once back in range.

Even standing right next to the router I get �no networks found�.
    If I rescan for networks and try to connect, I get �failed to associate with the network� error again.

And so it goes on�

I don�t want to have to pull my battery every 10 mins to get a wi-fi connection!

I�d appreciate some help, as I�ve ditched my HTC for a BB and really want it to be great!
    07-29-11 01:46 PM
    Try resetting the wireless router. Many times the issue is not with the phone but rather the router. Also what signal level do you average on wifi at home?
    07-29-11 01:50 PM
    Try resetting the wireless router. Many times the issue is not with the phone but rather the router. Also what signal level do you average on wifi at home?
    Thanks, I did try resetting the router before - this fixed the original 'failed to associate with the network� error i had - i.e the phone found the connection and connected. Since then, I've taken the phone out of range, and back in again, and it won't re-connect.

The signal level varies considerably depending on where i am in the house. In the room I use it the most it's about -70 to -80 dBm, 1-2 bars.

In the same room as the router it's around -35 dBm, max bars.

Check your OS version. If you are running 6.0.0.546 it is known for having a flaky WiFi connection.

Tell us what OS version you have maybe we can help you.

To check the OS version. On your BlackBerry, Press the ALT + SHIFT + H button simultaneously.

It will be listed next to App Version:

I have:

6.0.0.294 (905)

Thanks
    07-29-11 02:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD