So basically last night I joined my friend open wifi with bold 9780, and then i remember that I had private file in my SD card, the question is, can you open and save file from SD card in blackberry to the pc via open wifi, without blackberrys owner permission?
    06-11-13 07:41 PM
    So basically last night I joined my friend open wifi with bold 9780, and then i remember that I had private file in my SD card, the question is, can you open and save file from SD card in blackberry to the pc via open wifi, without blackberrys owner permission?
    BBOS doesn't have native access to files over WiFi. So to answer your question, no. WiFi access with your Bold would be restricted to using it for BIS/BES data connectivity instead of the cellular network.

Posted via CB10
    Blader31 likes this.
    06-11-13 07:54 PM
    BBOS doesn't have native access to files over WiFi. So to answer your question, no. WiFi access with your Bold would be restricted to using it for BIS/BES data connectivity instead of the cellular network.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the reply ,
    So what about the photo/music sync things? Is it possible to use it over wifi without permission?
    06-11-13 10:14 PM
    Thanks for the reply , So what about the photo/music sync things? Is it possible to use it over wifi without permission?
    That's with BlackBerry Desktop Manager installed and option enabled.
    06-11-13 10:25 PM
    That's with BlackBerry Desktop Manager installed and option enabled.
    And can I disabled it?
    Thanks for answering my questions again
    06-12-13 04:37 AM
    And can I disabled it?
    Thanks for answering my questions again
    You have to have your friends install BDM on their computers and plug your device in via USB to even be able to use it, it has to be paired with the desktop software to work.

Posted via CB10
    Blader31 likes this.
    06-12-13 04:23 PM
    Try use internet connection, upload on upload service and after download on smartphone.
    06-14-13 02:20 AM
    Try use internet connection, upload on upload service and after download on smartphone.
    While that might be helpful to someone else, that's kind of opposite to what the OP wants.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 02:33 AM