If your phone is connected to a WIFI and you are surfing on the web does the phone use the WIFI first then if it is not available will use the cellular service. How do you know what service you are using? Thanks in advance for your help.
    07-20-11 03:01 PM
    Yes, in the browser, wifi will be used if available. This also applies to nearly all apps, however some apps ask you which to use when you first launch them.

As for how can you tell, in Manage Connections, if you go down to Service Status, it will tell you what the phone is using to connect to BIS or BES. Also, in the browser, you can see in the status bar at the top the wifi symbol or 3G is displayed depending on which you are using.
    Last edited by powerhoghp; 07-20-11 at 04:41 PM.
    07-20-11 04:09 PM
    I've always been on CDMA, and wifi is one of the things I like about my new Bold 9650 (no camera). When I'm at home, I can talk on the phone while using wifi data.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Culex316 likes this.
    07-20-11 04:26 PM
    Thanks that makes it clear.
    07-21-11 11:55 AM
    If wifi is enabled, the phone will try to use that with a priority over the cell data..... saves some usage for people that are on a limited data plan.
    07-21-11 05:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD