I know there was a problem with wifi calling on the Z10/Q10 and that has been fixed (thank you TMO). But, my BB9900 still would not call over wifi-there were no errors or error numbers. I could make a call and the other side could not hear me but I could hear them. To them is sounded like electron gibberish (squelch settings?-I know I know that there is not a "squelch" setting on our Berries as in walki talkies). And yes I tried all sorts of things like factory reset, wipe, triple wipe, reload different os's, even got the TMO personal cellspot router-all to no avail and the problem was consistent with both of my BB9900's. I complained to TMO and they said there indeed was an issue with BB9900 wifi calling and they submitted a ticket. (my UMA devices-BB9790, BB9780 worked great in the meanwhile). In the last couple of days my wifi calling on TMO finally started to work but not consistently well. Still it appears that progress on TMO's end is being made. I will settle for that for now but I want my wifi calling to be more consistent. Actually I am estatic that finally my wifi calling with my BB9900 is working (again though, inconsistently where previously it flat out and did not work). I am using the latest 7.1.1098 OS with RC22 hybrid.

Here is something I tried yesterday which co-incidently seemed to sorta bring wifi calling on BB9900 back. Remembering "squelch" settings as on TMO suddenly made me think to go to phone settings (hit the phone key/menu/options/incall settings/ set phone call audio and headset audio to either "normal" or "boost base".) It might be coincidence or it might be sorta like setting the pseudo "squelch" on BB9900. I know about squelch and the Berries have no such thing but playing around with those settings-co-incidently helped. I think that TMO working on their end along with me playing around with this particular setting may have done the trick??
    Last edited by barbarianthemadserb; 09-29-14 at 04:14 AM. Reason: more info
    09-29-14 04:06 AM
    No it is not working reliably yet on BB 9900. TMO uses terms: "talking under water" to describe this. It started in June 2014 - although some BB 9900 got hit earlier some later with it. Today for the first time I had 20% of calls actually being properly heard by the other side, but the 80% was still "under water".
    From other readings I learned that Blackberry is not interested in exchanging the BB 9900 or any BB7 device for BB10 device because they loose yearly/per customer fee from the service providers. This probably was the cause of TMO vs BB fight that ended in TMO dropping BB.
    09-29-14 03:33 PM