Hello,

I've used a 9780 for the last six weeks at work with ZERO problems on WiFi calling. Our building has horrible cell signal penetration, but strong WiFi (multiple repeaters filling in all the cracks). On the 9780 I was able to turn off the mobile radio and wander around all day at work, happily talking and texting as much as I wanted.

Got the 9900 last night with tmobile os 7.1.0.912. Same building as last six weeks, same WiFi. With the mobile radio on or off, it sounds like CRAP on the WiFi calling (like 1 bars out of 10 quality), drops calls, or fails to connect.

I know the 9780 had UMA calling. Is the WiFi calling inherently that bad, or is there a tmobile issue lately (been reading Q10 people having problems, too).

Thank you.
    08-28-14 10:06 AM
    Hello,

I've used a 9780 for the last six weeks at work with ZERO problems on WiFi calling. Our building has horrible cell signal penetration, but strong WiFi (multiple repeaters filling in all the cracks). On the 9780 I was able to turn off the mobile radio and wander around all day at work, happily talking and texting as much as I wanted.

Got the 9900 last night with tmobile os 7.1.0.912. Same building as last six weeks, same WiFi. With the mobile radio on or off, it sounds like CRAP on the WiFi calling (like 1 bars out of 10 quality), drops calls, or fails to connect.

I know the 9780 had UMA calling. Is the WiFi calling inherently that bad, or is there a tmobile issue lately (been reading Q10 people having problems, too).

Thank you.
    I Agree. Wi-Fi calling is garbage on the 9900. The wife said i sounded like an alien
    08-29-14 07:53 PM
    If your wifi has poor reception on your 9900 then quite possibly the wifi attenna has worked loose & maybe not making contact inside your phone.

There is a fix for this open up your 9900 with a T6 screwdriver, after taking note of the position of the 6 screws and there colour. (Black, Silver, & Gold).
    & on the middle plate right hand side you will find the attenna, carefully peel it off the side & reposition in the correct place (its sticky and fragile, don't go yanking it off). You'll notice the 2 copper contacts that have to connect to the mainboard, make sure that they do so.

Search for 9900 WiFi attenna fix on this forum for images to help you.

ѕєηт яσм му вяαιη νια νυℓαη мιη∂мєℓ∂
    08-31-14 03:42 AM
    I Agree. Wi-Fi calling is garbage on the 9900. The wife said i sounded like an alien
    I think those are two different problems. WiFi on the 9900 is unadulterated crap, your wife's opinion is another issue!
    09-01-14 06:47 AM
    I think those are two different problems. WiFi on the 9900 is unadulterated crap, your wife's opinion is another issue!
    lol

But yeah, my WiFi calling testing was with Mobile network turned off. On Network #1 (home), I was able to walk around the house and it sounded great. On Network #2 (work), it sounds robotic, fades out, gets "call failed", and is junky.

The 9780 (again with Mobile network off) sounds great on Wifi Network #1 and #2. Since I don't have router-access at work, I feel trapped. My speed and Wifi performance otherwise is fine, just not the talking part.

Any thoughts?
    09-03-14 02:31 PM