Hi everyone...
    Before posting this thread I've been searching for 3 hours.
    I've seen many people who are claiming that wi-fi isn't working on their blackberry bold. That is exactly my situation.
    My BB bold is able to find wi-fi networks however I don't see that green tick but a dash "-".

I tried to insert manually IP and DNS adresses. It didn't work.
    The point is that I was able to connect to my house router yesterday without any problem.
    Everything has started today.. and I really don't know what am I supposed to do.
    There are thousands of threads, but there is not a precise solution to the problem.
    Please help me out - Crackberry.com is the widest blackberry community and I'm sure that if there is something to do, I'll find it out here.
    Thank you so much.
    09-02-09 07:40 PM
    Sometimes you have to go through the browser because a login is required:
    >browser>bookmarks>wifi services>wifi login

Be aware that wifi is very iffy. There are many open servers that defy login, sometimes due to their certificates not being accepted by the BB

Sometimes you have to >manage connections>turn all connections off> wait >turn on
    This may reset the login
    09-02-09 08:03 PM
    Many people are posting many threads over the internet about this issue.
    This is a software issue. I solved mine wiping out all the data on the blackberry and starting all over. It worked. Now I've to put the data back on.

Anyway. I hope this post can be helpful to somebody else.
    09-02-09 09:08 PM
    If its a hotspot, you may well have to use the hotspot browser.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-09 10:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD