How do you know which one its using because when I have my internet on it says 3G or edge on the top. and the wi-fi is turned on.
    06-10-09 01:56 PM
    Wi-Fi the wi-fi icon should be light up.
    06-10-09 01:57 PM
    The wifi logo will be grayed out if it's not being used.
    06-10-09 01:58 PM
    And also if you go into your browser setting, if the browser is set to Hotspot, you're using Wi-Fi connection. If it's set to Internet browser, you're using your 3G network.
    06-10-09 02:02 PM
    Does anyone know how much of a drain it is on your battery to leave WiFi on all the time? I turn it on while at home and then turn it off because i dont want it to drain the battery any faster.
    06-10-09 03:06 PM
    I don't know if anyone has quantifiable data on how much more of a drain it is, but it is a noticeable difference. I only turn it on when I need it or whenever I'm at home it's on.all the time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-09 03:54 PM
    That is false. The logo is also greyed out when your network isn't compatible with the BIS.
    06-10-09 04:08 PM
    I don't know if anyone has quantifiable data on how much more of a drain it is, but it is a noticeable difference. I only turn it on when I need it or whenever I'm at home it's on.all the time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I dont really need exact data drain!I know my battery will go 2 days without a charge, if i turn on WiFi will it be dead in a half a day?
    Thats all im trying to find out.
    06-10-09 04:23 PM
    Does anyone know how much of a drain it is on your battery to leave WiFi on all the time? I turn it on while at home and then turn it off because i dont want it to drain the battery any faster.
    WiFi increases your battery life. I found this out by accident. No matter how
    good your 3G signal is, your phone is constantly using battery to stay
    connected to the signal. Of course the lower the signal, the more your phone
    tries to fetch and maintain a weak signal. Being connected to WiFi, like
    through your DSL router, a stable connection stays and your phone isn't
    trying to "fetch" signal from a tower.
    06-10-09 04:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD