I showed a friend of mine who is a big iPhone 4 lover and supporter the video of the new 9900 and his response to me was "how is this better than the iPhone?". My answer was that I don't think that it will be better and I don't assume it to be, I just feel like the 9900 will satisfy my mobile needs and work best for me. I really value the BB notification system, keyboard, email, battery life, security and size. I am not someone who plays games or watches a lot of video etc. I would like to have a few more apps and a front facing camera but I would rather have less apps and the 9900 form factor than the iPhone. I like the iPhone and if BB went away tomorrow it is what I would choose over Android. However, for now I will continue to ride the RIM wave and buy the new 9930 the day it comes out.

Tell me why you are going to buy this phone...are you going to use it along with another device at the same time or will it be your primary device?
    Last edited by m23haz; 07-13-11 at 01:50 PM.
    07-13-11 01:41 PM
    your either a blackberry person or your not!

Ive had iphones.. all the same, and im not a fan. never had an android phone, but ive never fancied one. I had a blackberry once.. getting rid of it was a huge mistake. But i havent returned yet because i was waiting for a model that was different and modern (im sorry but all blackberries of the last few years havent exactly changed much just a little quicker and a few os tweaks (iphone anyone!?!?!) but thats my opinion not fact!!)
    i wanted to return to blackberry by getting a torch.. but came across the 9900 as a rumored device back in jan/feb, and instantly wanted one!
    07-13-11 01:46 PM
    For me, it will do everything I need it to do and (here's the kicker) it doesn't have a camera. I haven't been able to carry my phone with me to work for over a year and a half. I can't take it anymore.
    07-13-11 01:56 PM
    9900 100% I have a few friends that bought the iphone and never use it for what its good for, apps (to cheep to buy or were never interested in games in the first place) The call quality is laking, most would rather a good functioning phone now and plan to return to bb and the 9900 or 9810. jokingly they say their iphone turned out to be what they call pocket bling?? For me I've always been on BB and if it ain't broke I dont fix it!
    07-13-11 01:58 PM
    Had a chance to play with the iphone 4 for 10 days and once not the least impressed. Northwest Tel and Bell couldn't agree why some email were getting through while others were not. My trust 9700 were pulling emails 3 provinces a way with no problems what so ever.
    As for android, my first pick (and I say this with much humiliation) was the HTC Hero. A crapola phone if there ever was one. Battery life sucked and so did most of the apps. To think I'd still be stuck with that on a 3 year contract gives me nightmares.
    All in all I made the right choice for me, it does what I want without a hitch, battery life is exceptional and I couldn't live without berrybuzz. BB ftw.
    07-13-11 02:01 PM
    I plan on getting the next-gen iPhone and then trading my white iPhone 4 and maybe some cash on CL for a Bold 9900.
    07-13-11 02:12 PM
    I've owned every iPhone that has come out, and I have owned just about every Bold that has come out. I will probably continue this.

I keep going back to the BlackBerry because of the keyboard, notification system, and stability of the operating system.

I keep going back to the iPhone because of the applications, games, and multimedia functions.

The reasons I keep going back to the BlackBerry are more important in a phone than multimedia functions.
    07-13-11 02:20 PM
    I've owned every iPhone that has come out, and I have owned just about every Bold that has come out. I will probably continue this.

I keep going back to the BlackBerry because of the keyboard, notification system, and stability of the operating system.

I keep going back to the iPhone because of the applications, games, and multimedia functions.

The reasons I keep going back to the BlackBerry are more important in a phone than multimedia functions.
    07-13-11 02:20 PM
    Until Apple fixes their non-existant notification system, I would not be happy with iPhone 5
    07-13-11 02:44 PM
    Personally I look at the iPhone and the Droids as toys. Download apps - and play. I am done with that - My needs for a Hand Held Device are: Talking, Interrnet, Email, Texting and oh yea - BATTERY LIFE.......The only device that answers all these needs is the BB - and at this point - its waiting for the best one made.....
    07-13-11 02:54 PM
    If the 9930 has a browser that is on par with that of the iPhone I am currently using, I would most likely make the switch back to a BlackBerry. I'm not really a huge fan of touchscreen only keyboards and having a phone that didn't always tempt me to goof around on it with all of the silly apps would do wonders for my productivity. I'd probably still hold onto my iPhone 4 just to see how the updates in iOS 5 pan out since notifications are a sore spot to say the least.
    07-13-11 02:59 PM
    Why choose 9900? Why not...

- Industry-leading keyboard for not only easy text input, but also keyboard shortcuts
    - Push notifications for better battery life and data efficiency
    - Convenience key for one button access to my inbox
    - BBM
    - Trackpad
    - Four face buttons
    - All the other little minor things that make BlackBerrys BlackBerrys.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-11 02:59 PM
    I am not sure why I would Choose the BB over the iPhone because I have only tried it briefly but the screen switching and keyboard are just not my style. I don't even take my ipod touch ANYWHERE.

I know exactly why I would choose the BB over any Droid. You name I don't like it. I have had this Droid 2 for 2 weeks and I do not like anything about it.
    07-13-11 03:04 PM
    I really don't play games now or use many apps with the exception of a few. I mostly email, text, Facebook, etc which BBs are very good at. But being a former owner of MANY smartphones (every modern OS except WP7) I do envy other OS's media features.

07-13-11 03:38 PM
    Because it's a Blackberry and Blackberry is what I need and want.

That's it.
    SK122387 likes this.
    07-13-11 03:42 PM
    Simply put... Physical Keyboard... That isn't the only thing but it is the main thing... Security, BBM and push e-mail are all major deciding factors as well.
    And if BlackBerry were to go away I would go to Android before going to an iPhone... Simply because there are some Android phones that have a physical keyboard. Virtual keyboards frustrate me beyond belief so they are not an option.
    Also, IMO, the camera on the iPhone sucks for indoor pictures, outside it is fine but inside it sucks the big one...
    07-13-11 03:53 PM
    I will be selecting the 9900 over an iPhone or Android because

- Form factor, I like Portrait keyboards
    - THE Keyboard, beyond just liking them, Blackberry's are a joy to use
    - Data compression, Blackberry devices use half the data of the other 2 devices for common daily tasks like IM(through BBM) and emails
    - The Battery, even if Battery life on the 9900 is only as good as my torch, being such a small and removable battery means I can have it charged and ready very quickly
    - Removable media + Mass storage mode
    - BBM, I utalize this hourly, would be very hard to give it up. I don't want to give my phone number out
    - voice/sound clarity, BlackBerry's have been strong in this respect, and the 9900 seems to have taken it up a bit
    -BlackBerry Bridge, BlackBerry Travel, BlackBerry Protect.
    - Light weight over other keyboard devices.

Redbird1 likes this.
    07-13-11 03:54 PM
    i'd choose blackberry any day. Iphone changed their modle slightly and i just dont like using the touch screen the whole time for a keyboard. Apps are good but they're kiddish.

Android Phones are beginning to repetitive. They have about i think 6 phones that are called hte epic 2 or 3d 2 etc. All they do is put something new in the phone and boom were gonna sell it its a waste of money.

Blackberry changes their software and their designs arent the same at all! Keyboards are comfortable, The LED light for a notification that can change colours. And soon will be back on top.

I know kids that are 12 and already have the iphone because its a kid friendly one, Blackberries are more for business use but more and more of my friends really want blackberries because of BBM and social networking
    07-13-11 04:00 PM
    Today, - I got BBM add requests from friends who departed to Droidworld thinking that it was a big step up. Then the bugginess, lack of real keyboard, battery lol (lack of life), and that gorgeous screen that you can't see in the daytime sun, all added up to dealbreaker.

He had the Incredible, and reactivated his old Bold 9650. His wife is on Thunderbolt and hates it.

For him, it was a decent mini-computer that kinda makes phones calls.

I plan to upgrade to the 9930 because it is a solid step up. It is a communications device first that does a lot of other things, as well. It has a keyboard that I love, and I'll expect to have it for a year or more.

(oh, and for those that don't know, I also despise virtual keyboards, and am not a fan of landscape sliders, either )

Last edited by BergerKing; 07-13-11 at 04:29 PM.
    meganVee likes this.
    07-13-11 04:16 PM
    Blackberry, "The Git er Done" Phone.
    meganVee likes this.
    07-13-11 04:22 PM
    I want the new Bold because every simpleton on earth has a touchscreen slab in their hand. I don't wish to have the same thing as everyone else.
    07-13-11 04:54 PM
    My (primary) reason is the same as many others here: the physical keyboard. If Apple made an iPhone with a reasonable physical keyboard when I was looking around at smartphones a couple of years ago, I might not have bought the Tour.

Given that no other company produces a phone with a keyboard anywhere near as good as the one on a BlackBerry (IMO), I reckon I'll keep on purchasing BlackBerrys too.

So if I had to choose, 99x0 for me.
    meganVee and ADGrant like this.
    07-13-11 04:55 PM
    I would want the 9930 more because of keyboard and form factor.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9330 using Tapatalk
    ADGrant likes this.
    07-13-11 04:58 PM
    I plan on switching from my iPhone 4 back to the 9900 (or Torch 2) simply because blackberry suits my needs. Like the other posts, I miss the simplicity, superb keyboard and the great call quality. I don't use half of the apps on my iPhone and I've realized that BB is a better overall communications device. Can't wait!

07-13-11 05:02 PM
    Honestly i use BB only because everybody is now using BBM, and i upgraded to 9780 from 9700 and am tired of my 9780 already and i love touch + qwerty combination so i would get it,
    If not because of BBM, i would be using a WebOS phone waiting to buy a Mango phone
    07-13-11 05:11 PM
173 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD