I think that that Rim still not having a release date by now is almost hilarious. I mean really, we can blame the carriers all we want but when it comes down to it I don't remember when Ive seen another company go through something like this before. Its down right embarrassing. How can Rim employees feel good about the company they work for. Look around and the membership here on Crackberry and Blackberry Forums, its loosing people like crazy. The few people I know who have BB�s barley have anyone to talk to on BBM�s anymore there all gone.

I keep trying to keep my head up and be positive but there is not or has not been any positive news coming from Rim in quite sometime. Any negative news which has been plenty the members slam the article and call it bias reporting, thats funny as ****. I keep checking back at crackberry several times a day and we are all talking about the same thing day in and day out, when is this long over due 9900 / 9930 coming out. To not have a concrete day as of yet is disgusting on Rim�s behalf. Blame the accretes all you want, it comes down to accountability and that lie�s with Rim.
    JUSTQUAN2 likes this.
    07-21-11 11:51 AM
    it just really goes to show that ignorance is bliss... if i didnt want a new phone like crazy, and didnt know about the 99xx i wouldnt really care all that much. The reality is i check this site every few hours to see if something has been said that is more than just a rumor or a leaked this or that, waiting for something official...

i only feel this way when it comes to music- but i really need a new phone
    07-21-11 12:21 PM
    For the last & final time saying it, folks. It has been confirmed that the 9900 will be released on Sept. 3rd in the states. Now, the waiting game...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-11 01:30 PM
    For the last & final time saying it, folks. It has been confirmed that the 9900 will be released on Sept. 3rd in the states. Now, the waiting game...

links? ..d.s.2212
    07-21-11 01:45 PM
    links? ..d.s.2212
    +1
    10char..
    07-21-11 02:12 PM
    I think that that Rim still not having a release date by now is almost hilarious. I mean really, we can blame the carriers all we want but when it comes down to it I don't remember when Ive seen another company go through something like this before. Its down right embarrassing. How can Rim employees feel good about the company they work for. Look around and the membership here on Crackberry and Blackberry Forums, its loosing people like crazy. The few people I know who have BB�s barley have anyone to talk to on BBM�s anymore there all gone.

I keep trying to keep my head up and be positive but there is not or has not been any positive news coming from Rim in quite sometime. Any negative news which has been plenty the members slam the article and call it bias reporting, thats funny as ****. I keep checking back at crackberry several times a day and we are all talking about the same thing day in and day out, when is this long over due 9900 / 9930 coming out. To not have a concrete day as of yet is disgusting on Rim�s behalf. Blame the accretes all you want, it comes down to accountability and that lie�s with Rim.

Hey you think this is bad Dam Hp announced the Pre 3 in february and no release date or even a carrier
    07-21-11 07:49 PM

Is there a release date for the iPhone 5 or Droid Bionic yet? I haven't seen anything more than a wild-a$$ guess on either of those. Nobody knows diddly about iP5. Is that not equally hilarious?
    07-21-11 08:03 PM
    Nobody knows diddly about iP5. Is that not equally hilarious?
    Exactly. We've known about the 9900 for a good three months by now. Apple usually has a projected release date of their press releases and if not, things are usually released a month or two (at the very most) afterwards. I love Apple and RIM so I'm not being biased whatsoever, but RIM is making a bad move by not having a release date yet. So, no not equally hilarious... just embarrassing.
    mssca likes this.
    07-21-11 08:16 PM

What a clown.
    07-21-11 08:51 PM
    Exactly. We've known about the 9900 for a good three months by now. Apple usually has a projected release date of their press releases and if not, things are usually released a month or two (at the very most) afterwards. I love Apple and RIM so I'm not being biased whatsoever, but RIM is making a bad move by not having a release date yet. So, no not equally hilarious... just embarrassing.
    I agree. Come on RIM... I starting to think that RIM is trying to cover up some flaws in 9900/9930 design and that's why it takes so long. May be a huge battery issue? May be the OS7 (aka OS6.1) is sooo buggy that even your employees don't like your phone?

Also since the initial hype is gone, I may not buy this phone at all. I am sure there are many others who would have brought 9900 if RIM released the phone sooner than later. Now the hype is gone, I am sure that many will just move on.
    JUSTQUAN2 likes this.
    07-21-11 09:24 PM
    its becoming very hard for me to choose with all new devices coming out. but i have decided im getting not just one phone this time around.im getting two.so i'll get 1 bb and 1 apple,or 1 bb and 1 android, or 2 bb.im going to do everything to fulfill my wants.
    07-21-11 09:41 PM
    Well I'm seriously over this wait and if rumors are true that iPhone is coming to both Sprint and T-Mobile this fall I will just get an iPhone...but I'm not switching carriers to do it!

This is one huge snoozefest now...
    07-22-11 02:32 AM

You are obviously full of BS...if there was an offical release date CrackBerry would have it posted all over this site!

Is yo mama screaming at you down in da basement yet "HEEEEEEEEELP son...I've fallen and I can't get up?"
    07-22-11 02:35 AM
    Is there a release date for the iPhone 5 or Droid Bionic yet? I haven't seen anything more than a wild-a$$ guess on either of those. Nobody knows diddly about iP5. Is that not equally hilarious?
    Apple did not host an event yet for the Iphone 5. Rim did, check facts before posting non sense.
    Last edited by wayneholbrook; 07-22-11 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Spelling
    07-22-11 11:31 AM
    I agree. Come on RIM... I starting to think that RIM is trying to cover up some flaws in 9900/9930 design and that's why it takes so long. May be a huge battery issue? May be the OS7 (aka OS6.1) is sooo buggy that even your employees don't like your phone?

Also since the initial hype is gone, I may not buy this phone at all. I am sure there are many others who would have brought 9900 if RIM released the phone sooner than later. Now the hype is gone, I am sure that many will just move on.
    Nailed it. When the phone was announced in May, I was strongly considering it as I was hoping it would be released a month from then (like a normal company who cares about their products and their place in the market should do). Now it's simply too late, there are too many good phones about to come out. Compared to current iPhones/Droids, the 9930 is STILL behind but at least it could somewhat hang. The new Droids/iPhone 5 that's about to come out will obliterate the 9930.

People think the 9900/9930 will cause some sort of storm or there's this huge hype about this phone. Wrong. Outside of crackberry, very few people are checking for it. When I mention I might get a BB as my next phone, people say to me "they still make those"? Or my favorite response when I mentioned the new 9900/9930 will have a 1.2ghz processor - "welcome to the 21st century RIM".
    bhavi_jp likes this.
    07-22-11 11:38 AM
    Nailed it. When the phone was announced in May, I was strongly considering it as I was hoping it would be released a month from then (like a normal company who cares about their products and their place in the market should do). Now it's simply too late, there are too many good phones about to come out. Compared to current iPhones/Droids, the 9930 is STILL behind but at least it could somewhat hang. The new Droids/iPhone 5 that's about to come out will obliterate the 9930.

People think the 9900/9930 will cause some sort of storm or there's this huge hype about this phone. Wrong. Outside of crackberry, very few people are checking for it. When I mention I might get a BB as my next phone, people say to me "they still make those"? Or my favorite response when I mentioned the new 9900/9930 will have a 1.2ghz processor - "welcome to the 21st century RIM".
    people I speak to say, 1990 called and wants their BB back".....people are laughing at BB and will for some time outside of the crackberry world. kids are all about iPhone and droid, not BB.
    07-22-11 11:46 AM
    Yea, it is quite a frustrating journey. I wish they would just give a good reason for this hold up. Imo it went from building hype to covering up. Now some are back playing the blame game, It's the carriers, it's rim.... I say it is RIM fault. Now my business is very small but i do know my money and name can be easily forgotten if I don't take action. If a carrier tries to put me on the shelf til another phone loses hype then I would try the Google approach, sell unlocked phones. They did it with that nexus. I'm sure more than a few units would be picked up if the price is decent.
    07-22-11 11:53 AM
    I've been using the Bold 9700 for two years now. It is my first smartphone and hopefully not the last. As a blackberry user I have to say that the 9900\30 announcement and the media hype that is chugging along with it is the worst I've ever seen.

The 99xx has everything that the current generation blackberries don't. This is why everyone wants it. Liquid graphics, smooth browser, twice the power, you name it. This device should have come out a long time ago otherwise it should not have been announced at all.

Just my 2 cents.

07-22-11 12:15 PM
    Dayvid is not yelling at you!
    Aww we all know that Masahiro was just playing with ya
    07-22-11 12:19 PM
    this type of treatment from RIM is enough to leave a real bad taste in the mouths of loyalists....why RIM shows us a phone 6 months early without any release date is just a small view into the horrible management of the company.
    07-22-11 03:42 PM
    people I speak to say, 1990 called and wants their BB back".....people are laughing at BB and will for some time outside of the crackberry world. kids are all about iPhone and droid, not BB.
    It's honestly annoying to me... I'm not the kind of person who will BEG someone to buy a BlackBerry if they are getting a new phone, but I will stick up for it and say the pros AND CONS about BlackBerries.

My friend was just buying a new phone, I told him that he should get a blackberry and he responded "Nah.. I'm not really businessy, I don't need to manage a bunch of email accounts and I really want some good apps." I didn't deny the fact that BlackBerry isn't doing so well in the APP department so he then proceeded to get some Android phone.

Guess what? The day he got it, he was carrying his old phone with him too (LG Dare) and I was like wait.. Why do you have both phones..? And he said that he texts people on the Dare and plays games and texts some people on the new Android phone.. He then proceeded to complain about how ****ty the battery was on his new phone and that he just fully charged it and it was already down to 70% The one good thing he could say about his new phone was this, and ONLY this: "I love that I can play WordGame though"

I mean if it was a 1 time deal complaining about the battery, okay.. But every time we hang out, he just proceeds to complain about how ****ty the battery life is and we have to charge his phone for a few hours whenever he comes over...

So my aunt is going to upgrade her phone and she straight out came up to me and said I have to upgrade my phone, BlackBerry or iPhone? I said, well new BlackBerries are coming out within the next few weeks and a new iPhone is coming out in a few months so if anything wait. She said well which one do you think I should get? All I said was this: "Well do you want to play a bunch of games and apps on your phone? or would you rather have a phone that just worked as a phone but managed your emails and everything extremely well." She then said that she was not planning on playing any games on her phone and she just wanted battery life (because she has an old flip phone that lasted like 2 days) and a phone that just worked.. I told her to just go for the new BlackBerry coming out. I told her I would let her play with my 9930 once I get it before she made any decisions. But she was completely SOLD on the blackberry the second I mentioned battery life.

Sorry this is long, but it's just nuts that these people say "hey this phone is like 3 years behind it's time" and everything, but howcome everyone around me that has a BlackBerry doesn't complain at all, whereas every one of my friends and family members that have an iphone, droid, etc. are doing nothing but complaining about the battery life.

RIM is doing something right, people just like to kick at them for some reason.. like they FEEL like they have the best phone because it can run great apps so therefore they have to flip out on RIM for not having crazy experimental quad cores and sh*t like some of the other competitors out there, but that does nothing but lower the longevity of the battery life when the OS itself cannot benefit from the crazy hardware...

This post is long, I'm sorry, but if even one person reads it, I will be happy. I just don't see why people have to hate on RIM so much... Just because they are doing something entirely different than their competitors they are like hated on by everyone who has never owned a BlackBerry...
    Last edited by flip4life4751; 07-22-11 at 06:31 PM.
    livejam likes this.
    07-22-11 06:27 PM
    I guess it is all about perception of companies, if Rim had consistently released a new model every year on about the same date for years and then one year nothing shows up except rumours that it wouldn't be turning up for at least another 3 months they would have been crucified and yet that is basically what has happened with the iphone 4s/5.
    07-23-11 06:34 AM
    It's honestly annoying to me... I'm not the kind of person who will BEG someone to buy a BlackBerry if they are getting a new phone, but I will stick up for it and say the pros AND CONS about BlackBerries.

My friend was just buying a new phone, I told him that he should get a blackberry and he responded "Nah.. I'm not really businessy, I don't need to manage a bunch of email accounts and I really want some good apps." I didn't deny the fact that BlackBerry isn't doing so well in the APP department so he then proceeded to get some Android phone.

Guess what? The day he got it, he was carrying his old phone with him too (LG Dare) and I was like wait.. Why do you have both phones..? And he said that he texts people on the Dare and plays games and texts some people on the new Android phone.. He then proceeded to complain about how ****ty the battery was on his new phone and that he just fully charged it and it was already down to 70% The one good thing he could say about his new phone was this, and ONLY this: "I love that I can play WordGame though"

I mean if it was a 1 time deal complaining about the battery, okay.. But every time we hang out, he just proceeds to complain about how ****ty the battery life is and we have to charge his phone for a few hours whenever he comes over...

So my aunt is going to upgrade her phone and she straight out came up to me and said I have to upgrade my phone, BlackBerry or iPhone? I said, well new BlackBerries are coming out within the next few weeks and a new iPhone is coming out in a few months so if anything wait. She said well which one do you think I should get? All I said was this: "Well do you want to play a bunch of games and apps on your phone? or would you rather have a phone that just worked as a phone but managed your emails and everything extremely well." She then said that she was not planning on playing any games on her phone and she just wanted battery life (because she has an old flip phone that lasted like 2 days) and a phone that just worked.. I told her to just go for the new BlackBerry coming out. I told her I would let her play with my 9930 once I get it before she made any decisions. But she was completely SOLD on the blackberry the second I mentioned battery life.

Sorry this is long, but it's just nuts that these people say "hey this phone is like 3 years behind it's time" and everything, but howcome everyone around me that has a BlackBerry doesn't complain at all, whereas every one of my friends and family members that have an iphone, droid, etc. are doing nothing but complaining about the battery life.

RIM is doing something right, people just like to kick at them for some reason.. like they FEEL like they have the best phone because it can run great apps so therefore they have to flip out on RIM for not having crazy experimental quad cores and sh*t like some of the other competitors out there, but that does nothing but lower the longevity of the battery life when the OS itself cannot benefit from the crazy hardware...

This post is long, I'm sorry, but if even one person reads it, I will be happy. I just don't see why people have to hate on RIM so much... Just because they are doing something entirely different than their competitors they are like hated on by everyone who has never owned a BlackBerry...
    I read it. It was long and you said 'like' a lot. But there is a lot of truth in there...my brother has the thunderbolt and his battery is always dying.
    07-23-11 06:46 AM
    I'd say the iPhone 4 has a pretty acceptable battery life though. Everyone who I know that has one does ok with it. The iPhone 3 was another story though.
    07-23-11 07:28 AM
    I'd say the iPhone 4 has a pretty acceptable battery life though. Everyone who I know that has one does ok with it. The iPhone 3 was another story though.
    I second this. The battery life on my mom's iPhone 4 is equivalent to my Bold. We both charge our phones every night. Androids do have ****ty battery life but the new gingerbread update will fix that for a lot of phones. All in all, current Androids may not be all that incredible but you can bet your *** the new ones about to come out are going to be. Improved battery life, improved stability, more apps, faster specs...yeah it's gonna happen.
    mssca likes this.
    07-23-11 09:52 AM
97 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD