Those will never be gone at that price. That is what I payed for it on launch day.
    Those will never be gone, even if VZW was paying people to take them away!
    07-20-11 09:08 AM
    Illl take a 20 minute drive and go ask them...
    07-20-11 10:14 AM
    @Crucial_Xtreme
    #BlackBerry 9810 is set to hit Technical Acceptance this Fri(Monday-worst case) on AT&T. It'll def pass. Should Rel early August
    early August for the Torch 2?
    How hilarious it would be if it released before the 9900.
    07-20-11 10:20 AM
    early August for the Torch 2?
    How hilarious it would be if it released before the 9900.
    He has been saying for a while now that the 9810 is coming before the 9900 on AT&T.
    07-20-11 11:24 AM
    Hahaha! While RIM is stalling, Apple is having the best time of their company's history! Unfortunately once (most) people leave RIM and go to Apple they will most likely stay. This is a valid loss here.
    07-20-11 12:23 PM
    Hahaha! While RIM is stalling, Apple is having the best time of their company's history! Unfortunately once (most) people leave RIM and go to Apple they will most likely stay. This is a valid loss here.
    Have people even defected to Apple? I don't remember seeing stories about RIM people leaving for Apple. The only thing that I have seen was the executives that just left for Samsung. Apple was in the same boat in the late 90's and look at where they are now. I know RIM might not be Apple and might not turn it around, but its hard to throw in the towel since there is a brand new OS on the horizon and new phones soon to be launched.
    07-20-11 12:54 PM
    Have people even defected to Apple? I don't remember seeing stories about RIM people leaving for Apple. The only thing that I have seen was the executives that just left for Samsung. Apple was in the same boat in the late 90's and look at where they are now. I know RIM might not be Apple and might not turn it around, but its hard to throw in the towel since there is a brand new OS on the horizon and new phones soon to be launched.
    Um they meant people leaving their BlackBerrys for iPhones, not employees switching to different companies.
    07-20-11 01:14 PM
    Um they meant people leaving their BlackBerrys for iPhones, not employees switching to different companies.
    Ok, sorry for the misunderstanding, ...
    07-20-11 01:27 PM
    Ok, sorry for the misunderstanding, ...
    This phone needs to come out... Its causing people to fight as a result of all the talk about it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    AbuYazeedUK likes this.
    07-20-11 01:42 PM
    This phone needs to come out... Its causing people to fight as a result of all the talk about it

Yes, and it's really quite pathetic. You'd think some of these people built their phones with their own hands from scratch.

07-20-11 02:30 PM
    Why is it so hard to be friendly ? Maybe most of the drama is envy
    07-20-11 02:44 PM
    i dont even think the all mighty powerful wizard knows the answer to this question.
    07-20-11 02:58 PM
    At least we can hopefully say that this phone will be worth the wait for us blackberry enthusiasts... Its impressed me through all the videos and whatnot. I love my tour on OS 4.7 so I'm in no real rush to change blackberries anytime soon

07-20-11 03:58 PM
    At least we can hopefully say that this phone will be worth the wait for us blackberry enthusiasts... Its impressed me through all the videos and whatnot. I love my tour on OS 4.7 so I'm in no real rush to change blackberries anytime soon

O.o Why are you still running OS 4.7? OS 5 has been available for the Tour since April 2010.
    07-20-11 04:30 PM
    O.o Why are you still running OS 4.7? OS 5 has been available for the Tour since April 2010.
    Haha, trust me, I know...I've used many versions of os5, hybrids, etc......... And well, I'd still be on os5 right now had my girlfriend not left her 8530 for an iphone 4. We no longer bbm, and the other cross platform messengers just do not work. So I had to find an sms solution, and well, the threaded sms on os5 is just slow to me, so I tried the original sms of os 4.7 and I loved it so much more, plus with apps like QuickText and Beyond160, it's sms heaven.

In short, 4.7 is great for me surprisingly, and I love my tour. I even tried a 9650 with os6 and hated it. Even os5 on it I just missed my trackball..yes you read that right, I love the trackball compared to the trackpad. To keep this post 9930 related, I'll probably have a hard time forcing myself to get used to the trackpad when the 9930 comes, because I became so used to my trackball, which I've had zero problems with

07-20-11 05:03 PM
    Haha, trust me, I know...I've used many versions of os5, hybrids, etc......... And well, I'd still be on os5 right now had my girlfriend not left her 8530 for an iphone 4. We no longer bbm, and the other cross platform messengers just do not work. So I had to find an sms solution, and well, the threaded sms on os5 is just slow to me, so I tried the original sms of os 4.7 and I loved it so much more, plus with apps like QuickText and Beyond160, it's sms heaven.

In short, 4.7 is great for me surprisingly, and I love my tour. I even tried a 9650 with os6 and hated it. Even os5 on it I just missed my trackball..yes you read that right, I love the trackball compared to the trackpad. To keep this post 9930 related, I'll probably have a hard time forcing myself to get used to the trackpad when the 9930 comes, because I became so used to my trackball, which I've had zero problems with

If you use a track pad long enough you will learn to love it much more than the trackball. That's right, key words are "long enough" it's always what ends up happening.
    07-20-11 08:42 PM
    i just left a trackpad for a trackball and i just want to know what were they thinking when they invented this?! i hate it
    07-20-11 08:52 PM
    i just left a trackpad for a trackball and i just want to know what were they thinking when they invented this?! i hate it
    They were thinking "Goodbye headaches" when they invented it... You know the #1 part to fail in a blackberry smartphone? Yes, the TRACKBALL so what were they thinking when they invented the track pad? A very smart business decision to decrease RMA/Problems.

Trackballs are a pain in the ***.. Everyone I know that has a blackberry with a track ball, it broke within a year or two and they either sold the phone, or yacked it apart to replace it. Now think of it this way, would your mother take apart her phone to try and fix it? or send it in for a replacement? Would a very busy business man take it apart and fix it or send it in for a replacement? It's just what RIM had to do, and more people are satisfied with it than dissatisfied so they hit a home run with it even though you claim to hate it.

Just open your mind a bit when thinking about the things that RIM does.. MOST of the time, they have a reason as to why they do something..

EDIT: I'm not sure if your post was aimed towards hating the trackpad, or the track ball, but I just assumed you meant the trackpad seeing as that was the above discussion.
    AbuYazeedUK likes this.
    07-20-11 11:31 PM
    When I think about a trackball I think of the trackball mice for computers and how they were now longer around yet RIM still used the same sort of thing in their phone. It was a great day they switched over to a trackpad. I hated taking the ball out so I could clean it and then put it back in. I had to replace it twice too.

07-21-11 07:20 AM
    I am still rocking my 8330 with the trackball and I still have yet to have a problem with it. I have never cleaned it or done anything to it. I had to replace the chrome ring around it this year due to one of the clips breaking and it becoming very loose and started to fall out, but the trackball has remained in perfect working order for 3 years now. I might be a lucky one as my wife's pearl stopped allowing her to scroll down about a month ago, but I replaced it and its all good now. I do see the reasoning in switching to the trackpad because it has fewer issues and it just seems to flow better with the overall look.
    07-21-11 07:44 AM
    Oh yeah, I can't deny that for many, the trackball was a disgrace. When the 9630 first came out, the trackball was a nightmare, and that's when RIM said okay, we need a solution. The trackpad came of it, and they never looked back. I guess I too, have just been lucky to have a great phone and trackball that I've come to really love.

07-21-11 08:20 AM
    They were thinking "Goodbye headaches" when they invented it... You know the #1 part to fail in a blackberry smartphone? Yes, the TRACKBALL so what were they thinking when they invented the track pad? A very smart business decision to decrease RMA/Problems.

Trackballs are a pain in the ***.. Everyone I know that has a blackberry with a track ball, it broke within a year or two and they either sold the phone, or yacked it apart to replace it. Now think of it this way, would your mother take apart her phone to try and fix it? or send it in for a replacement? Would a very busy business man take it apart and fix it or send it in for a replacement? It's just what RIM had to do, and more people are satisfied with it than dissatisfied so they hit a home run with it even though you claim to hate it.

Just open your mind a bit when thinking about the things that RIM does.. MOST of the time, they have a reason as to why they do something..

EDIT: I'm not sure if your post was aimed towards hating the trackpad, or the track ball, but I just assumed you meant the trackpad seeing as that was the above discussion.
    no sorry i meant i hate the Trackball the Trackpad is 100000x better... LOL
    07-21-11 08:52 AM
    I would go back to the trackball given the choice, but I get why they changed it.
    07-21-11 09:03 AM
    My trackball is fine and have had no issues, but my brother's is almost useless. I have no idea what he did to it. Same with my roommate, her was worn smooth and wouldn't work for anything.
    07-21-11 10:33 AM
    trackPAD > trackball any day of the week. Working at a fortune 500 company which deploys BB's, one of the most common hardware issues was failing trackballs until the trackpads were released. Plus, scrolling on the pad is so much nicer imo than with a trackball.
    07-21-11 11:22 AM
97 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD