I see that we can post our PIN in our forum profiles, but why? What purpose does it serve?
    11-27-08 11:07 AM
    I guess it provides a way to chat via BlackBerry Messenger. However, I use that app rarely so I don't provide my pin.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-08 11:08 AM
    It provides a way for big brother to keep tabs on you. Don't post your pin! Fight the power!

Only kidding... I'm just happy to be off of work...

11-27-08 11:10 AM
    It provides a way for big brother to keep tabs on you. Don't post your pin! Fight the power!
    Who kevin? :P

11-27-08 11:22 AM
    I just saw the option and completed it, although I don't know why, as I don't use the messenger,
    11-27-08 11:35 AM
    You may not use BBM now but after you get to know a few people on here you may begin to use it and you'll see that BBM is a great option! You can do a lot with it!
    11-27-08 11:51 AM
    Its a way to connect with other blackberry lovers.. every blackberry has its own unique PIN and its something like instant messaging
    11-27-08 11:56 AM
    It's a great way to connect with other like minded individuals--->> which can lead to wife swapping and other erotic encounters...
    11-27-08 12:00 PM
    The bbmessenger is great when u have a lot of friends who use blackberry. So if u have an unlimited data plan and are able to use it, u can save money on a texting plan by only texting through messenger. Its perfect since u can send pix and voice notes through it.

11-27-08 12:00 PM
    It's a great way to connect with other like minded individuals--->> which can lead to wife swapping and other erotic encounters...

Hahahahaaha!
    11-27-08 12:24 PM
    lol, Five. :-P

11-27-08 12:39 PM
    It's a safe way to give out contact information to chat with other BlackBerry users, since it's not like a phone number that can be traced back to find the owner/address. You can use the pin to do instant messaging with BlackBerry Messenger or for those that don't use BBM and prefer email style back-and-forth messages, you can use the pin for instant BlackBerry emails via "pin messages".
    11-27-08 12:53 PM
    It's a safe way to give out contact information to chat with other BlackBerry users, since it's not like a phone number that can be traced back to find the owner/address. You can use the pin to do instant messaging with BlackBerry Messenger or for those that don't use BBM and prefer email style back-and-forth messages, you can use the pin for instant BlackBerry emails via "pin messages".
    Can you block IMs in the future from certain individuals?

Personally I'd sooner walk hot coals than give out my PIN.
    11-27-08 12:57 PM
    Can you block IMs in the future from certain individuals?

Yeah, just delete them from your BBM list. If they send you another request, deny it.
    11-27-08 02:12 PM

BB PIN's aren't a matter of national security.
    11-27-08 02:20 PM
    "BB PIN's aren't a matter of national security."

No, they're not, but how you use it depends on how you use your berry. I only give out my PIN to close friends who are also berry users. It's a small group. I consider it the most private and personal of my types of communication.

So I don't give out my PIN. For me, there are uses that range from "open" to "somewhat select" to "highly select."

It's just a matter of style.
    11-27-08 02:33 PM
    It's cool because some days when I'm bored @ work me and friends have chats of like 8 of us just talking smack back and forth =)

11-27-08 02:46 PM
    i dont use it as my main source of IM nor did i post mine however when ive had questions or am working with someone in customizing a theme, or wallpaper, app or anything like that i exchange pins with the person to give us a simple way to interact with eachother as you can use BB messanger to send pictures, files, voice, video anything..
    11-27-08 02:57 PM
    People really need to respect the usage of their PINS, is it an issue of National security?, No..def not.

Can it have adverse effects? That depends on who you are sharing your PIN with. I'm not trying to advise people never to give their PINS out, but only making the suggestion that you should always take it under consideration when doing so.

Personally, my PIN rarely gets shared, a small select group of individuals who have it and that because I trust those individuals.
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 11-27-08 at 03:04 PM.
    11-27-08 03:02 PM
    It's a personal preference. A lot of forum members send a request to add them from other
    forums. I have some really cool friends on my list. I've also deleted a few for various issues, too.
    I use it as a communication.

11-27-08 04:37 PM
    I use BB Messenger.

Someone sent me a request but it's still sitting in the pending - :P
    11-27-08 06:50 PM
    I have never been to concerned about giving out my PIN. I love BBM and use it on a daily basis....I can't imagine not having it.

When I get PIN requests I usually spend a few days making small talk just to see how it goes. If it's not going well, you can always just delete each other....that's the beauty of it.
    11-27-08 09:33 PM
    I LMAO as I've done this before (oops, did I say this out loud), but not via the BB community
    02-13-09 01:37 AM
    Meet the CB perv ..... just kidding ... pls dont take it personally ...
    02-13-09 04:36 AM
    is BBM'ing by PIN different then by adding the person by their email address?
    02-13-09 09:53 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD