Did RIM have to create such a beautiful screen with no way to legally download movies and tv shows to the device? And then to add insult to injury, they have to include that clip of Speed Racer to make me really see what I'm missing! It's like owning a beautiful sports car that only goes up to 50mph. What's the point?
    12-15-08 03:52 PM
    I feel your pain, but I've found that, when there's no legal option......well, I've said too much already :-X
    Steve
    12-15-08 03:56 PM
    I feel your pain, but I've found that, when there's no legal option......well, I've said too much already :-X
    Steve
    I second that.
    12-15-08 04:13 PM
    I second that.
    I have no idea what you're talking about, and support it wholeheartedly.
    12-15-08 04:14 PM
    Maybe one day.
    12-15-08 04:14 PM
    I wish I could do all those fancy Media Player tricks...

Alas, I have a Mac... And for that, RIM has Punished me greatly!

No Media unless I buy some program!

:: Sad Day::

12-15-08 04:30 PM
    BlackBerry dare I say it has always played second fiddle to Apple in this regard , I'm sure when the device becomes more consumer orientated we might see something

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-08 04:34 PM
    I am gonna get the victoria secret runway show off the home page..... Score!!!

12-15-08 04:50 PM
    I DLd that today. I need to move it onto my mem card later o...

Can't wait!
    B.

12-15-08 05:03 PM
    It wasn't as good as the '07 show, but I LOVED the wings!!!

12-15-08 05:07 PM
    I don't get the question.

Is the question that the phone can not download a big file from the internet? I suppose that this is a bandwidth question.
    The RIM phone is essentially a phone with a text messaging system, and other stuff are extras. There are other specialty phones for many purposes: video, audio, light texting ...

Or, is the question, can the phone play a movie file that has been installed onto the memory card?

One of the positives for the phone is that it can use a large capacity memory card suitable to hold large video files.

It is possible to play several video formats on these phones. There are many file conversion programs that can make them.

Bold specs:
    Video format support: DivX 4, DivX 5/6 partially supported, XviD partially supported, H.263, H.264, WMV3
    Audio format support: .3gp, MP3, WMA9 (.wma/.asf), WMA9 Pro/WMA 10, MIDI, AMR-NB, Professional AAC/AAC+/eAAC+
    Display
    Half VGA resolution 480 x 320 pixel color display
    Transmissive TFT LCD, supports over 65,000 colors
    12-15-08 09:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD