Blacked out my Bold. I had the trackball on for a week or so, but received and installed my bezel. I kept the buttons as I think it looks better like that. I'm now looking to get the Rogers keyboard.

Next to my iPhone -- both blacked out.

Pretty quick and easy process, if you know what you're doing. If you don't, the cnn.cn video tutorials are awesome.
    05-21-09 03:39 AM
    Looks good. It will look just like mine once you get the red numbered keypad. I got rid of the faux leather back for the standard black glossy one too.

Chris
    05-21-09 03:43 AM
    Neat and Clean .... Nice job!
    05-21-09 05:59 AM
    looks like how mine will look. Black trackball, black bezel, unbranded bottom plate, "chrome" buttons and red numbered keypad.
    05-21-09 06:26 AM
    duvi, looks sick. i wish i could change up my storm without having to colorware it or paint it myself!
    05-21-09 06:34 AM
    Looks good!
    05-21-09 06:57 AM
    Cool. Thanks for sharing
    05-21-09 07:44 AM
    I wish I could blackout my Bold. First I have only had it for about 1 month, so I am scared to void the warranty and second I really don't want to have a $500 paper weight...
    Last edited by Cypz; 05-21-09 at 08:48 AM.
    05-21-09 08:30 AM
    Does all that void the warranty?
    05-21-09 08:41 AM
    Some say yes, but the only thing that you need to do is switch everything back and also when doing the screws, ensure you don't rip the warranty sticker. Instead use a razor. I ripped mine off, lol.
    05-21-09 09:52 AM
    Thanks guys. I love it. Got me wanting to sell my iPhone now. Muahaha.
    05-21-09 09:52 AM
    I've had mine blacked out for about a month, but last weekend I decided to pry the silver part off the camera cover. Now its totally all black and I like it. Also, when holding my iPod Touch and Bold together, the camera cover no longer extends, scratching into the iPod's screen.
    05-21-09 09:57 AM
    Some say yes, but the only thing that you need to do is switch everything back and also when doing the screws, ensure you don't rip the warranty sticker. Instead use a razor. I ripped mine off, lol.
    Something just dawned on me with this whole warranty sticker thing... Assuming you call in to do a warranty exchange and you've already ripped the sticker off. They're going to send you a replacement and ask you to return yours in that packaging. Why not then CAREFULLY remove the warranty sticker from the replacement, put it on your broken BB where it should be and send it back? You'd only have one shot, but hey, at least you've got something to work with. Is there something I'm missing here?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 09:58 AM
    looks good Duvi!
    05-21-09 10:03 AM
    I've had mine blacked out for about a month, but last weekend I decided to pry the silver part off the camera cover. Now its totally all black and I like it. Also, when holding my iPod Touch and Bold together, the camera cover no longer extends, scratching into the iPod's screen.
    Picture please! I have the the case mate carbon fiber battery door but Its too flimsy can u post a pict of waht u modifid bat door looks like? Thanks in advance!

05-21-09 10:20 AM
    Something just dawned on me with this whole warranty sticker thing... Assuming you call in to do a warranty exchange and you've already ripped the sticker off. They're going to send you a replacement and ask you to return yours in that packaging. Why not then CAREFULLY remove the warranty sticker from the replacement, put it on your broken BB where it should be and send it back? You'd only have one shot, but hey, at least you've got something to work with. Is there something I'm missing here?

Never thought about that but that doesn't sound like a winner. I have not had any issue with my bols so- have not needed an exchange but it does sound like a plan.

05-21-09 10:27 AM
    Looks very clean and sleek. Great job!
    05-21-09 11:16 AM
    looks good. i've been really wanting to do this but i'm scared i'll screw something up. i've also read something about a wire mesh or something that can get jacked up? is this true? i cant see where any of the speaker mesh's would get in the way of this process.
    05-21-09 04:36 PM
    Picture please! I have the the case mate carbon fiber battery door but Its too flimsy can u post a pict of waht u modifid bat door looks like? Thanks in advance!

Check this.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/i-g...d-pics-217093/
    05-21-09 04:44 PM
    Thanks guys. I love it. Got me wanting to sell my iPhone now. Muahaha.
    you have an iPhone.... :O....

I wanna blackout mine, too. I'm too scared I'll ruin my blackberry though..... and be berry-less!!
    05-21-09 09:13 PM
    All I have to stress is the videos on cnn.cn. After seeing it, you won't be scared. Easy process. In fact, watch it before ordering.
    05-22-09 12:33 AM
    I'd love to see a pic of that... I want to see how the back looks without the silver part.
    05-22-09 12:34 AM
    I have a completely blacked out, smooth battery cover I painted. Don't have any pics handy atm though...

05-22-09 01:42 AM
    I will do this surely..... once i find someone in the philippines who can do it for me.hahahaha. good job with changing the case! I wish I was the DIY kinda guy..
    05-22-09 02:16 AM
    Who cares? hahaha.

05-22-09 05:59 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD