I would like to know why service providers and cell phone companies make it a policy to not inform store or customers of any sort of release date until the last minute.

Is it so they have leeway to push the date back if they need to?

Is it so they can squeeze the most money out of people buying previous generation models?

-Thanks for the help
    11-08-09 11:10 PM
    I would like to know why service providers and cell phone companies make it a policy to not inform store or customers of any sort of release date until the last minute.

Is it so they have leeway to push the date back if they need to?

Is it so they can squeeze the most money out of people buying previous generation models?

-Thanks for the help
    Yes to both
    11-08-09 11:53 PM
    Yes to both
    I agree.

10char
    11-08-09 11:56 PM
    I think those of us who are cursed/blessed by coming to this site have the advantage/disadvantage of knowing ahead of time when these devices come out. Which causes us to be better informed/suffer the agony of waiting for new releases.

I know I was blissfully unaware of the original Bold's release until it actually launched.

Information is a blessing, but it is a royal pain. The rest of the population out there who does not come to the forum or is not aware of the device will one day walk into their respective stores and go "Hey, looky here, a new Blackberry....NEAT!!!" while the rest of us try to type on partly gnawed off fingers.....
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 11-09-09 at 03:16 AM.
    11-09-09 03:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD