My bold keeps telling me that my device memory is full and its lagging its *** off. Yet when I check the space in my memory card and the blackberry itself they are all full. Application space is 0 though. Is that a problem? Is it the application space I need to empty?

That doesnt make sense though.. I have 2 gig space to avoid this especially when I've barely used any of it.

I always get that damn clock in the middle and it laggs I can barely move it around as I want too.

And whats the point of having 2 gigs memory if I cant fill the phone up with applications and stuff without it lagging its *** off?
    Last edited by chubbylme; 11-15-09 at 02:39 AM.
    11-15-09 02:35 AM
    on your phone

go to options then status, what does your File free say?
    11-15-09 02:39 AM
    File Free 329333350 bytes
    11-15-09 02:46 AM
    I still dont get what all of that has to do with anything. 2 gigs is ****loads of space to save emails sms applications on etc.. Why is it doing this still?
    11-15-09 02:47 AM
    Have you tried doing a battery pull and if so did you still have the same problem?

Do you have a memory card in your phone?
    11-15-09 02:48 AM
    Is there a way to maybe make the blackberry save everything to the memory card when it comes to applications and sms/messages instead? Maybe that would help out more?
    11-15-09 02:49 AM
    yeah bro I got a 1gig card on my phone and Ive pulled the battery out plenty of times still getting the same issues.
    11-15-09 02:51 AM
    Apps can be saved to the memory card, BUT they would still have to go into device memory when used so it defeats the purpose, trying taking out the battery and see if that helps it. You really shouldnt be having that issue unless its defective
    11-15-09 02:52 AM
    Try taking out the memory card, and booting it without it in, i know in the past there has been issues with memory cards causing issues, but it sounds like you MIGHT have a defective unit
    11-15-09 02:53 AM
    On the original bold there was only 128mb of Application memory, with an OS installed you're left ~30mb for applications. The 2gb is just for internal storage such as pictures, music, and things of that nature.
    11-15-09 02:56 AM
    yeah but even my device memory is like 800mb its the application free space that was at 0. But its strange that the application freespace destroys everything else for me. Ive had my bold for 1 year and 2 months I love it so far never had issues with it at all until now.
    11-15-09 02:57 AM
    ok so thats completley un avoidable then I gotta delete some applications that just sucks.
    11-15-09 02:57 AM
    On the original bold there was only 128mb of Application memory, with an OS installed you're left ~30mb for applications. The 2gb is just for internal storage such as pictures, music, and things of that nature.
    according to his file free he should have atleast 330mb free so that in it self is alot
    11-15-09 02:58 AM
    Your problem is that the Application memory is at 0. Thats your Flash memory, your phone needs to use it as you run applications on your phone as well. Free up some memory and you should be good to go.

Your 2gig SD card is only for media.
    11-15-09 02:58 AM
    yeah but even my device memory is like 800mb its the application free space that was at 0. But its strange that the application freespace destroys everything else for me. Ive had my bold for 1 year and 2 months I love it so far never had issues with it at all until now.
    Thats because everything on the device runs off Application Memory, from installed applications, the device OS, and everything in between, to many apps and there's no memory left, just like running out of RAM on your desktop from having to many programs running. Only on a blackberry the RAM is shared with the Hard Drive.
    11-15-09 02:59 AM
    Wow The Blackberry can be so far behind when it comes to alot of stuff regarding minor details. I only like it for the pushmail service nothing comes near that no matter how much I try to use a different phone. Cause the bold is nothing compared to the N900 for example.
    11-15-09 02:59 AM
    I just deleted a few apps got 30mb application space free now its running kinda better now.
    11-15-09 03:00 AM
    Wow The Blackberry can be so far behind when it comes to alot of stuff regarding minor details. I only like it for the pushmail service nothing comes near that no matter how much I try to use a different phone. Cause the bold is nothing compared to the N900 for example.
    The N900 is 2 years newer, and it's a Internet Tablet that just happens to have a 3G radio.
    11-15-09 03:01 AM
    yeah but atleast it can do obvious things such as saving stuff to the memory card and can handle applications more than 128mb.
    Saving emails/contacts/sms/games etc to the memory card etc.

Even phones from 2 years ago can do these features so I dont understand what people at RIM do sometimes.

I understand the consumer targets for the blackberry but still they should be able to make sure that newcomers can feel comfortable with it aswell.
    11-15-09 03:04 AM
    its time like these I wished the Iphone just had a real qwerty keyboard and not just touchscreen and I would have had that a long time ago lol.
    11-15-09 03:07 AM
    yeah but atleast it can do obvious things such as saving stuff to the memory card and can handle applications more than 128mb.
    Saving emails/contacts/sms/games etc to the memory card etc.

Even phones from 2 years ago can do these features so I dont understand what people at RIM do sometimes.

I understand the consumer targets for the blackberry but still they should be able to make sure that newcomers can feel comfortable with it aswell.
    Yep, the BlackBerry OS is also fundamentally the same thing it'd been for the past half a decade, everything else we're seeing is brand new, iPhone OS was completely fresh, Android was brand new, Maemo 5 is in a league of it's own since it's designed around being a Internet Tablet.
    11-15-09 03:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD