oh ok well it's better to do it on your laptop i found, try it that way?
    I just tried the laptop way and have been defeated....or too technicalled out today as I got the .342 OS earlier

Thanks for your help though
    ria__x likes this.
    04-07-12 02:44 PM
    Ok Ok. I'm back! And, the pictures you guys have posted help me realize what you guys are doing wrong. There are two "fonts" folders on your device(AGAIN MAKE SURE YOU SHOW HIDDEN). The folder that has "microsoftsansserif.ssf" is the WRONG folder. I hope these pics help.
    04-07-12 03:48 PM
    i know how to do this on my computer but can i just ask how do yo make sure folders arent hidden on bb?

**nevermind, figured out lol
    Last edited by ria__x; 04-07-12 at 03:55 PM.
    tre5tackz likes this.
    04-07-12 03:52 PM
    I don't have a fonts folder in appdata...
    04-07-12 03:56 PM
    If you don't have a folder named fonts, make one
    tre5tackz likes this.
    04-07-12 03:57 PM
    i know how to do this on my computer but can i just ask how do yo make sure folders arent hidden on bb?
    press your blackberry button and scroll the menus and you should see "show hidden" this allows you to see the "appdata" folder and those after it.
    ria__x likes this.
    04-07-12 03:59 PM
    Go into Device/Appdata/Rim and create a "fonts" folder. Dump the fonts you want in there and reboot.
    Last edited by tre5tackz; 04-07-12 at 04:13 PM.
    lycafe likes this.
    04-07-12 04:07 PM
    We know it all, thanks There simply isn't a fonts-folder where it should be. If I make one and put the fonts in nothing happens. Fonts don't show up in the menu.
    Seems there is a difference in loading and handling fonts in some OS-Versions.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
    04-07-12 04:10 PM
    We know it all, thanks There simply isn't a fonts-folder where it should be. If I make one and put the fonts in nothing happens. Fonts don't show up in the menu.
    Seems there is a difference in loading and handling fonts in some OS-Versions.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
    I guess so, but I've been doing this on every OS that has been released. whenever I wipe, and restore my data it's still there. Sorry I couldn't help everyone.
    04-07-12 04:12 PM
    Go into Device/Appdata/Rim and create a "fonts" folder. Dump the fonts you want in there and reboot.
    Worked like a charm! Thanks!
    tre5tackz likes this.
    04-07-12 04:25 PM
    These are the sites to download them. I use the semibold one. Also, I included a zip file for another version that's thicker.

br.blackberry.com/assets/fonts/blackberrylove-semibold-webfont.ttf
    br.blackberry.com/assets/fonts/blackberrylove-bold-webfont.ttf
    br.blackberry.com/assets/fonts/blackberrylove-medium-webfont.ttf

TUTORIAL:

1 - rename the extension from ".ttf" to ".font"

2 - place in phone's device storage, in the "fonts" folder (Device Storage>appdata>rim>fonts) MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR "HIDDEN" FOLDERS VISIBLE.

3 - now once placed in folder reboot(battery pull/soft reset) phone.

4 - all fonts should be visible in your display settings.
    Thanks..I actually was about google to get these fonts.
    tre5tackz likes this.
    04-07-12 04:31 PM
    I just got this to work on my 9900 running 342. Like some of the others I didn't have a fonts folder under rim. I created one named "fonts" using all lower case like the rest of the folders, copied the files to it and did a battery pull. There they were.

Placing them in the other folders didn't work.
    04-07-12 04:41 PM
    Sticky this!
    04-07-12 05:21 PM
    Amazing fonts thanks a lot
    And don't know why they aren't using those fonts but I ACTUALLY AM
    By the way, anyone knows what's the font saying "Bold" on 9900 back ?
    Cause i find D which is as d in capital different, or am i mistaken ?
    04-07-12 05:22 PM
    I got it to work, but I'm a little bit confused about what these fonts are supposed to be? If it's the BlackBerry logo font then it really isn't (the 'b', 'a', 'e', 'r', and 'y' aren't right (using the BlackBerry logo as a control since I have no other comparison)).

Check out the images below:
    This is the BlackBerry logo, take note of the "B", "r", "a", "e", and "y"...

Compare this to a screenshot of an email containing use of the font
    04-07-12 05:37 PM
    I thought I should post this.
    04-07-12 05:40 PM
    I got it to work, but I'm a little bit confused about what these fonts are supposed to be? If it's the BlackBerry logo font then it really isn't (the 'b', 'a', 'e', 'r', and 'y' aren't right (using the BlackBerry logo as a control since I have no other comparison)).

Check out the images below:
    This is the BlackBerry logo, take note of the "B", "r", "a", "e", and "y"...
    Click to view quoted image

Compare this to a screenshot of an email containing use of the font
    I read somewhere that Blackberry's logo is a custom font, but used these as foundations. They artistically changed the way it looked, but for the most part it is the same look.
    04-07-12 05:44 PM
    These are the sites to download them. I use the semibold one. Also, I included a zip file for another version that's thicker.

TUTORIAL:

2 - place in phone's device storage, in the "fonts" folder (Device Storage>appdata>rim>fonts) MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR "HIDDEN" FOLDERS VISIBLE.

How do you change the file extension from .ttf to .font? I've renamed the files but I'm assuming it hasn't changed the file type.
    04-07-12 05:48 PM
    You do!!! Before you enter past the home and blackberry folder in windows 7 press the alt button then click on Tools then folder options then click on the view tab and then click on where it says Hidden files and folders click on the circle button that says next to it show hidden files folders etc. Hope this helps. I've just installed mine and it works fine
    tre5tackz and robkd like this.
    04-07-12 05:54 PM
    I just got this to work on my 9900 running 342. Like some of the others I didn't have a fonts folder under rim. I created one named "fonts" using all lower case like the rest of the folders, copied the files to it and did a battery pull. There they were.

Placing them in the other folders didn't work.

Did the same and it FINALLY worked!!! Thank you all for your help. Someone should start a font sharing thread. Anybody out there has helvetica?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    tre5tackz likes this.
    04-07-12 06:04 PM
    How do you change the file extension from .ttf to .font? I've renamed the files but I'm assuming it hasn't changed the file type.
    The easiest way to do this is to do is change it last. Do the rest of the steps, and put it on your phone then once it's on your phone go to the file from your phone and rename it to ".font"
    04-07-12 06:05 PM
    Thank you to whoever it was that shared those 3 fonts. Love em.
    Yes agreed, sticky this thread! As customisable as themes are, fonts are so too and we need a thread for it!
    tre5tackz and ria__x like this.
    04-07-12 06:23 PM
    wow thanks! i followed the instructions on the 1st page and it worked perfectly, looks amazing thanks!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using the CB, Tapatalk app
    04-07-12 07:00 PM

TUTORIAL:

**IF YOU DON'T HAVE A "fonts" FOLDER IN YOUR "rim" FOLDER, THEN CREATE ONE.**
    Thank you so much for this! I'm loving the new fonts on my BB now!
    04-08-12 03:51 AM

Thank you so much!

Sent from Crackberry forums app with the awesome Bold 9900 keyboard.
    I have some fonts too, how did you install it to your bb ? I don't know how to add my fonts to my 9900 and oh if its an app I don't have a credit card
    04-08-12 07:41 AM
135 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD