07-03-09 12:19 AM
34 12
tools

Two ways. EVDO Rev. A has the capability and a CDMA activate it, or they start the switch to EVDO Rev B. Both options won't happen right now because of LTE/WiMax. Make that three ways with wi-fi. With me, I just can't wait for the first tri-mode BB to happen.
    Rev A does not allow for both, it not even possible. That what EVDV was for but it dead. Now SVDO allow for voice and data, but that not happening with blackberry either. When lte comes cdma users have voice and data. Voice on cdma and data on lte network.
    06-26-09 03:14 PM
    Rev A does not allow for both, it not even possible. That what EVDV was for but it dead. Now SVDO allow for voice and data, but that not happening with blackberry either. When lte comes cdma users have voice and data. Voice on cdma and data on lte network.

I already know about EVDO and SVDO, and already preached about it here. I've read different places where Rev. A has the ability to do it but I guess it was rumors that got out of hand. Thanks for your information.
    06-26-09 03:32 PM

I already know about EVDO and SVDO, and already preached about it here. I've read different places where Rev. A has the ability to do it but I guess it was rumors that got out of hand. Thanks for your information.
    Does this apply to all Verizon BB's? If I receive a call while on the net , I answer it and if I want to talk and browse the net at the same time, I simply switch the application to the net while I am on the call and do both. This is on a Storm.
    06-30-09 01:53 PM
    Does this apply to all Verizon BB's? If I receive a call while on the net , I answer it and if I want to talk and browse the net at the same time, I simply switch the application to the net while I am on the call and do both. This is on a Storm.
    It's true of all CDMA BlackBerries without WiFi. Try doing that with a website that you've never been to - you won't be able to load it. If you're on the phone and try to visit a website that you have been to before, the browser will load an archived version of the site from your cache; you won't actually be seeing the site in real-time.

Verizon's "Bold" is the Tour. But if RIM's new flagship device is the Onyx why wouldn't Verizon skip the Tour and pick up a CDMA Onyx?

**** why would RIM even create the Tour?
    Probably because it's been a long time since CDMA users got an updated handset with a full QWERTY keyboard (the last one was, what, the 8830?). Considering that there isn't even a release date for the GSM Onyx, I doubt many would stick around long enough to wait for a CDMA Onyx.
    Last edited by kf6tac; 06-30-09 at 01:59 PM.
    06-30-09 01:57 PM
    it was made so people will buy it and they will...get over it
    06-30-09 02:19 PM
    i have a bold and tour looks nice but nothing beats the bold sorry to say . just too fast , 1 g onboard mem , the "rich feel " to the device and it is right now RIM's flagship . don't get me wrong but the tour is tour is going to be the blackberry to have CDMA wise but still the onyx will be my next device .
    07-02-09 05:00 AM
    Im pretty sure when the Onyx is released on CDMA it will be CDMA only
    07-02-09 09:33 PM
    Well either way most major carriers are going to head to LTE as the 4G technology. So that places AT&T and Verizon on the same playing field.

Now that is good because 1.) RIM only has to develop one version of a new device, no more gsm and cdma versions, which of course saves RIM millions of development costs. 2.) Everyone on both carriers will enjoy the same great device (of course the carriers will fight to the teeth to see who gets the device first and how long the exclusivity period will be)
    Just a heads-up, Marco, there's legislation being tossed around (and likely pushed through in the relatively near future) here in the states that would make carrier exclusivity agreements illegal. Gotta say, if that arrives around the same time as lte/4g, I personally will be an extremely happy camper
    07-03-09 12:00 AM
    Im pretty sure when the Onyx is released on CDMA it will be CDMA only
    You are pretty sure of this? based on what information? And where did you read that the Onyx was going to be released on CDMA?
    07-03-09 12:19 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD