BlackBerry and RIM are supposed to be the pinnacle of email devices. And yet, it doesn't do the basic thing of reconciling read, unread and deleted emails wirelessly for POP3 emails. Has anyone figured out how to reconcile emails even if it is using a 3rd party app?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-10 01:29 AM
    BlackBerry and RIM are supposed to be the pinnacle of email devices. And yet, it doesn't do the basic thing of reconciling read, unread and deleted emails wirelessly for POP3 emails. Has anyone figured out how to reconcile emails even if it is using a 3rd party app?

A little more detail would help.

POP3 should reconcile if you use BIS/BES to set it up. If not, then you need to take it up with whatever 3rd party app your using.
    05-26-10 01:49 AM
    Deleting on device, deletes on computer = good.
    Deleting on computer, doesn't delete on device = bad.
    Reading on device, doesn't show as read on computer = bad.
    Reading on computer, doesn't show as read on device = bad.

This is the same for hotmail, yahoo and work emal using BIS.

05-26-10 02:26 AM
    Deleting on device, deletes on computer = good.
    Deleting on computer, deletes on device = GOOD.
    Reading on device, shows as read on computer = GOOD.
    Reading on computer, shows as read on device = GOOD.

This is the same for hotmail, yahoo and work emal using BIS.
    I don't know what you're doing wrong, but my Yahoo! & Gmail accounts both 2-way sync perfectly on BIS.

05-26-10 04:24 AM
    Phil..what settings have you changed? You are positive you can get this to work wirelessly without connecting the USB cable?

05-26-10 05:32 AM
    Phil..what settings have you changed? You are positive you can get this to work wirelessly without connecting the USB cable?
    I didn't really change any settings, it's just always worked that way for me and I've never sync'd via USB, always wirelessly.

These are the only settings I have on the phone...

05-26-10 05:47 AM
    Phil how did you get to the second screen shot?

Edit: nevermind, found it.

Last edited by exzibit3; 05-26-10 at 06:48 AM.
    05-26-10 06:39 AM
    Phil how did you get to the second screen shot?
    Setup > Email Settings > (Menu) Edit

I never use my carrier BIS site, as you can edit your account just the same directly from your phone.
    05-26-10 06:44 AM
    that's via his phone, you can also access it via the BIS site online with whatever carrier you have
    05-26-10 06:45 AM
    Try downloading the service books again. My 2 way wasn't working when the new BIS rolled out. I resent the service books and all was well.

Just be mindful that read/delete from GMail on your PC takes a bit to sync with your phone. I've found that it can take an hour + for that to happen.
    05-26-10 06:57 AM
    Thanks, yeah previously accessed this through my BIS site. And tried it through the phone settings just then. Didn't make a difference. Still can only delete from device and this is reflected on computer but no reconciliation with the read/unread messages and no deleting from computer to device.

05-26-10 07:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD