When I got my phone. It already had 282 on it. Never did a update or anything. And I know if it was a refurb, the os would of been wiped
    07-28-09 11:56 PM
    I drive to work and back and in several spots while using asian .282 it would drop down to edge over and over. It did this for over a week. As soon as I upgraded to vodaphone .282. It has yet to drop down to edge from 3g. So there is your proof that they are different. I installed both of them in the same way. Both wiped and had clean installs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 12:17 AM
    I was using .266 from Vodafone. I just upgraded to .282 from Vodafone. I'll let you know how I like it after I use it a bit.
    07-29-09 12:20 AM
    I drive to work and back and in several spots while using asian .282 it would drop down to edge over and over. It did this for over a week. As soon as I upgraded to vodaphone .282. It has yet to drop down to edge from 3g. So there is your proof that they are different. I installed both of them in the same way. Both wiped and had clean installs.

07-29-09 12:20 AM
    When I got my phone. It already had 282 on it. Never did a update or anything. And I know if it was a refurb, the os would of been wiped
    if you go into the AT&T downloads site you'll see the latest OS they have and it's far from 282
    07-29-09 12:26 AM
    Because the vodafone .282 is the third release. Most who wanted .282 already got it from the asian site or from Rogers.

For the majority of users the previous updates have worked perfectly so they have no need for the vodafone one. Plus, since I am on Rogers, have had no problems with its "official" release of .282, why would I download vodafones?
    07-29-09 12:31 AM
    Because the vodafone .282 is the third release. Most who wanted .282 already got it from the asian site or from Rogers.

For the majority of users the previous updates have worked perfectly so they have no need for the vodafone one. Plus, since I am on Rogers, have had no problems with its "official" release of .282, why would I download vodafones?
    Am I the only one who seemed to have issues with the asian version? Don't get me wrong its a great build and all. Only issues I had was memory leak and signal dropping from 3g to edge all the time

07-29-09 12:37 AM
    I liked Vodafone's version of .266, so I decided to go with their version of .282. Especially after reading posts about low volume when on a call with the Rogers version.

07-29-09 12:39 AM

Or maybe that week your cellular provider was having trouble with a tower, or doing maintenance or something.

Different weather conditions can effect your signal.

Solar storms from the sun can effect your signal.

It's not so black and white.
    07-29-09 08:42 AM
    Or maybe that week your cellular provider was having trouble with a tower, or doing maintenance or something.

Different weather conditions can effect your signal.

Solar storms from the sun can effect your signal.

It's not so black and white.
    I will admit you do make a good point. But I tested your theory and switched back to the asian version and drove from ozark to springfield and yep it dropped down to edge for about 10 minutes. Switched back to vodaphone and works perfectly.

07-29-09 09:28 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD