I'm having some seriously annoying trouble with my Bold. It'll crash for no reason even when its only been turned on for a couple of hours and just left idle. If anyone could give me any tips on how to help or prevent this it would me much appreciated.

Thanks
    07-29-09 07:58 AM
    I'll assume you haven't upgraded the stock OS that came with your Bold. If so, that's the likely culprit (early OS'es weren't the most stable).

You might want to consider an upgrade. Steps to follow are found here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/

A link to the most current official BOLD OS release can be found in the sticky at the top of this forum.
    07-29-09 08:02 AM
    Some people have had problems with loose a loose battery. When it shifts, the device reboots. How long have you owned it? If less than 30 days, return it.
    07-29-09 08:47 AM
    Do you have any 3rd party app?
    07-29-09 09:12 AM
    I got the Bold back in December. I'll have to check if it's still covered for a replacement. Do you think getting the new OS is the best solution? The trouble is that my friends who have the Bold haven't really had any problems and they use their phone more than I do, so that makes me unsure as to what the problem could be.

I have a few 3rd party apps but none which take up vast amounts of space.
    07-29-09 09:49 AM
    With your Bold still on, open the cover and pull the battery. Wait about 30s and replace the battery. Make sure it's swated properly (you should be able to tell if the battery is a bit loose). Replace cover.

This will reboot your Bold (and reclaim memory and othe houisekeeping). See if that helps.

If the battery doesn't appear to be the culprit, an OS upgrade will help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 10:11 AM
    If you have too many apps running in the background, close them by selecting the "close" option from the menu.

Hold ALT and press ESCAPE key to see the running applications. There are 5 default apps which always run in the background - Messages / Phone / BBM / Home Screen / Browser.
    07-29-09 10:57 AM
    Ok thanks guys. I'll try them and see what happens
    07-29-09 11:12 AM
    Also one quick thing, I've noticed the battery life has got less and less since I got the Bold. Could this be the cause of the phone crashing a lot?
    07-29-09 11:15 AM
    Also one quick thing, I've noticed the battery life has got less and less since I got the Bold. Could this be the cause of the phone crashing a lot?
    when the phone reboots, it take a lot more battery power than in standby mode, but the fact that you might have a loose battery, and definitely, the old OS thing makes your battery life even worst (it´s bad in any case).

Do get a more up to date OS, if things dont get better go for the warranty
    07-29-09 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD