I never understood this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-09 09:09 AM
    One for work (BES) and one personal (BIS) maybe.
    06-13-09 09:15 AM
    Multiple business phone numbers?
    06-13-09 09:19 AM
    So why not just use something like voip? Or just forward the calls? As opposed to both paying hundreds of dollars for a second bb and having to carry it around!

06-13-09 09:24 AM
    There is already a thread exactly like this one...

I have 2...1 from my employer which is on BES and 1 for my own company and personal business which is on BIS.

I don't want my employer having any control or access to my own business.

06-13-09 09:26 AM
    With threads like this I really do wonder what burning questions keep people awake at night.

Aaaaaarrrggghhh, some people have two mobiles.... Whhhhhyyyyy?!?!?! I simply gotta know else I won't be able to sleep and wake up late for school.

06-13-09 09:31 AM
    06-13-09 09:31 AM
    Ha it doesn't keep my up at night, but I just saw someone with two and it made me curious

06-13-09 09:34 AM
    People have two cars, two homes, two phones, two girlfriends....because they can...
    06-13-09 11:40 AM
    So why not just use something like voip? Or just forward the calls? As opposed to both paying hundreds of dollars for a second bb and having to carry it around!

I have a family plan with five phones and a number (now on a Storm) that I have had for 12+years. Then my company makes me use an 8800.
    Why would I give up my my old phone? Everyone knows that number... plus I had it long before the employer phone.

Maybe if I didn't already have a phone I wouldn't go out and buy one if I had one from work... But since I have had a personal cell phone of some type since 1988, I would never switch over every time I change a job or a company buys you out, etc. I have worked for the same company for 12 years and they have changed carriers twice and my number 4x.

Lastly, the company backs up EVERYTHING that someone does on the phone. It is all discoverable for lawsuits, etc. I wouldn't want my personal PINs being looked at by the IT guys or read out loud in court.
    06-13-09 12:10 PM
    ..Because of security issues, my company is unable to set our Exchange server up with my personal Blackberry. One for me, one for company.

Edit: and like the previous post states, my own personal security also. God forbid my IT teams ever reads my textual convos.

Last edited by spitothec; 06-13-09 at 12:33 PM.
    06-13-09 12:30 PM
    There you go , why people have two BB or two mobile phones in the first place.
    06-13-09 12:55 PM
    So just trying to clarify:

if you have a bb, it can either be on BIS or BES, not both.

If it is on BES (which would be if you got it through a company) then the company can view all of your emails on all accounts set up through it, all texts, and bbms? So they can see everything you do?
    06-14-09 12:42 AM
    Yes it can be on both. My blackberry is on BES for my job emails and BIS for personal. This is my personal blackberry. Since this is my personal phone, they can only record what activity goes through their servers on BES, all other activity goes through AT&T.

06-14-09 07:20 AM
    Because we can....

06-14-09 07:39 AM
    People have two cars, two homes, two phones, two girlfriends....because they can...
    OMG>>>>LMAO

But i guess u are right...still laughing...
    06-14-09 07:53 AM
    I will have my second blackberry by end of the month. I am no executive or big wig in a company. Only reason why i wanna have a second berry is BECAUSE I WANT TO. That's it. No significant reason.Like someone said, because i guess i can.
    06-14-09 08:07 AM
    I think for two different reasons, 1 because one is more reliable than the other, 2 one might be for buisness use and the other for personal, i think its number 2. We have to remember guys "i know these phones are cool and stuff but they are phones built for corporate usage.
    06-14-09 08:11 AM
    All the "because we can" or "because I want to" responses is unnecessary. The OP was just wondering why, and was asking a question. Ok so "so you can" or "you want to" big deal. I have 2 BB, but I'm not coming on here all arrogant either. One is for business, one is for personal. What's yours for? Oh yea, thats right cause yall can.
    06-14-09 09:00 AM
    If you work for the U.S. Gummint, you will likely be given a government-issued BB. Unless you want some 23-year-old Congressional staffer pawing through your e-mails, etc., it makes sense to have a personal BB as well.
    06-14-09 09:33 AM
    Yes it can be on both. My blackberry is on BES for my job emails and BIS for personal. This is my personal blackberry. Since this is my personal phone, they can only record what activity goes through their servers on BES, all other activity goes through AT&T.

If you can have BES and BIS on the same phone, then I REALLY don't see why people do. I understand that some people do it just because "they can" and want to carry a storm and a bold or whatever, but I just want to know why people NEED to.
    06-14-09 10:19 AM
    I've heard of someone with two BIS accounts. I haven't got the chance to personally ask him why, although he seems like a very busy person.
    06-14-09 10:27 AM
    Well when I said "because we can" I can only speak for myself, but I wasn't trying to be arrogant, was just answering the question truthfully...plain and simple...believe me I am far from arrogant!

06-14-09 10:49 AM
    I've heard of someone with two BIS accounts. I haven't got the chance to personally ask him why, although he seems like a very busy person.
    why would this be necessary? Since BIS doesnt even run the emails through a company
    06-14-09 11:07 AM
    If you can have BES and BIS on the same phone, then I REALLY don't see why people do. I understand that some people do it just because "they can" and want to carry a storm and a bold or whatever, but I just want to know why people NEED to.
    Even if you can have both BES and BIS on the same phone that's not the point. My company bb is on BES...the browser is locked and am not even allowed to add a BIS account. So I have my own personal bb for me personally and for my own business.

Last edited by oracle107; 06-14-09 at 01:53 PM.
    06-14-09 12:07 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD