I just bought my Blackberry Bold yesterday and i downloaded a few apps and now my Bold is telling me i already have low memory. This is what i have downloaded so far:

Facebook App
    Viigo
    Google Maps
    Poynt
    ESPN quick link button

Other than that i have taken 1 picture so that i can use it as my background. No movies, no music. Why do i have low memory already? I deleted the spanish language and i still only have 4111643 bytes free. I have seen more people on this site that have a lot more downloaded on their phone than I do. What is the deal?
    06-04-09 06:15 PM
    Memory is usually the second thing to go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-09 06:21 PM
    Memory is usually the second thing to go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    What do you mean by that?
    06-04-09 06:22 PM
    Make sure you are completely closing all apps, especially Google Maps, when done. And go into your Viigo settings and set Send to Background to No and Automatic Update to Off.
    06-04-09 06:29 PM
    You most likely have a memory leak from a corrupted file. Do you have any themes? Its usually either a theme or installed app that gets corrupted.
    06-04-09 06:35 PM
    No i am using the same theme as it was bought with
    06-04-09 06:37 PM
    Make sure you are completely closing all apps, especially Google Maps, when done. And go into your Viigo settings and set Send to Background to No and Automatic Update to Off.
    How do i make sure all my apps are closed correctly like google maps?
    06-04-09 06:38 PM
    How do i make sure all my apps are closed correctly like google maps?
    While in the app, press your BB button and scroll to exit.
    06-04-09 07:09 PM
    I dont get it. I went through all my apps and closed them down the right way (went to options and selected close) and now i only have 2 million bytes free out of 97 million bytes. Do these 5 apps really eat up all this space or is there something im doing wrong?
    06-04-09 07:10 PM
    I dont get it. I went through all my apps and closed them down the right way (went to options and selected close) and now i only have 2 million bytes free out of 97 million bytes. Do these 5 apps really eat up all this space or is there something im doing wrong?
    Do a battery pull and recheck.
    06-04-09 07:19 PM
    Do a battery pull and recheck.
    Ok that worked. Now i have 34 million free out of 97 million total. I guess maybe after i download an app i should battery pull to make sure everything resets correctly?
    06-04-09 07:34 PM
    Close your apps properly and follow the Viigo settings Kronk mentioned, that's most likely your issue.
    06-04-09 07:39 PM
    Some people might have wiped pre-installed stuff from the OS (like docs to go, PTT, etc).

That stuff is easily over 6mb or so (way more if you count the games).
    06-04-09 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD