As the topic says, why did you purchase the bold?

Personally, I wanted all the features that blackberry is known for, accessing emails on the go, good and easy useability and access to social apps such as bbm and msn.

I'm still yet to be dissapionted by my Bold. All of my dissatification is from my carrier and the price of my data plan, that also is mainlt because Australia is in the stone ages when it comes to telecommunications.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-08 12:16 AM
    Mostly because I went from a Curve to an iPhone, and I miss having a regular keyboard. I also don't really use the iPhone for its intended purpose, and my needs are more inline with what a BB can provide.
    10-28-08 12:25 AM
    benefits of the blackberry with 3G. What could be better?????????
    10-28-08 12:35 AM
    voice + data at the same time = happy corporate user who needs emails and BBMs on conference calls
    10-28-08 12:44 AM
    i still dont have a bold, but i will, and he reason for going from curve to bold, is because it has Features that appeal to me, plus the 3g and wifi…..and also because I am seeing to many people with curves, I like to have the best and stand out, I don’t want to be looked at as one of those ppl who don’t even know how to use the BB
    10-28-08 12:59 AM
    by accident some water got on my curve and it was just slowly deteriorating and my warranty was already expired. while looking to buy another curve i just decided to shell out the extra dollars and made the jump to the bold -- and i'm glad i did
    10-28-08 01:19 AM
    Well i always wanted a Blackberry and the bold is my first Blackberry, and it offered WIFI,3G and GPS. Can't go wrong with that.
    10-28-08 01:49 AM
    Neldylah,

I'm with you... I wanted all the BB features after not being able to decide which phone I wanted... then came the Bold. Keyboard is important for me big time.

I got on a $30 add-on 6gb data plan. If I try hard I can use about 100mb per month... so far... yet to use my phone as a tethered Modem for my laptop.

BTW, love Brisbane / lived there for a year Miss it dearly
    10-28-08 01:55 AM
    I overlooked the Blackberry all together for quite some time as I've been a avid Windows Mobile user for years, but then I was introduced to my first BB in the form of a 7290 model once my company force issued them. I was impressed by how smoothly the push email worked and by the overall ease of use with that model so I was sold instantly. Since the company still facilitates BB use I decided to invest in one that better suited my business needs--what better choice than this total package device . I wasn't willing to get rid of my WM device (HTC Tytn II) so now I carry both for the ultimate mobile experience for business and personal use.

10-28-08 02:10 AM
    i went from the E61i to the E90 and then to the Curve 8320 in the span of 6 months. And then when the BOLD came, I had to get it for its multiple advantages. And since then I have been extremely happy with the functionality of the phone...
    10-28-08 03:35 AM
    been using nokia then sony ericsson phones but they never quite did the job.

the bold has it all; (well almost all, the 2Mp camera is weak, but that's what a digicam is for isn't it? and if only the audio jack was either at the top or bottom; being at the side makes it a wee hard to fit it into a sleeve and listen to music while on the go) fast email, messaging, gps etc..

ps: lived in brizzie for 3yrs, wish i was back there
    10-28-08 04:05 AM
    Just a 'natural progression' from the curve...

Love the:
    Keyboard
    Push Email
    BB Messenger
    Google Talk
    10-28-08 04:18 AM
    Neldylah,

I'm with you... I wanted all the BB features after not being able to decide which phone I wanted... then came the Bold. Keyboard is important for me big time.

I got on a $30 add-on 6gb data plan. If I try hard I can use about 100mb per month... so far... yet to use my phone as a tethered Modem for my laptop.

BTW, love Brisbane / lived there for a year Miss it dearly
    Brissy is nice (: good weather and people... Most of the time (;

With Vodafone AU we get two options for data:
    - $30 month 2 month or $15 on a 24 month contract for 1.5mg of data
    Or
    -$50 month 2 month or $30 on a 24month contract with "unlimited" data.

That is just for the data plans, to get those prices you have to be spending $50 a month on your phone calls.

10-28-08 05:12 AM
    use it for the task reminder function, calendar reminder, memo pad,password keeper to store my card pin details...it is simply an awesome pda......no regrets...oh yes, the bedside mode is simply useful and the alarm also veyr soothing.....cheers
    10-28-08 07:39 AM
    Glad I found this thread. I am deciding between the Bold and the Storm - :\
    10-28-08 07:46 AM
    I am buying mine next week when they go on sale. I want it because of all it can do.

Question for those that own it.....
    It says I can store Roxio videos I make on there. Is there a max amount it can hold?

It says I can stream radio, this true? I'd like to be able to listen to my favorite Austin sports station living here in OKC and since they dont let us stream radio on our PC's this is one huge reason why i want the Bold.

Is there the option to buy additional memory?

will it play a full length movie? How big is the memory?

And last......what program would I use in order to view a movie such as Vacation on my Bold.....

HURRY UP NOV 4!!!!
    10-28-08 08:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD