I am so glad Sprint is carrying the Bold Touch 9930. Finally a top notch BlackBerry on Sprint !!!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

09-02-11 08:51 PM
    Because my 8900 died a sad death in July. I put up with a loaner 9800 for a month, waiting and waiting. They tried to sell me a "new" BlackBerry at Rogers, claiming that I was eligible for an upgrade to a shiny, new BlackBerry. They seemed quite confused when I pointed out that there were no new BlackBerrys in their store.

Now I have a 9900 and I can wait patiently until a QNX phone comes out that I like.
    09-02-11 09:15 PM
    im also tired of at&t sending me flyers in the mail telling me i should upgrade to their android offerings or the i4.i4 i will never.i5 i will consider like the new bb's.androids are just too complicated for me and i need something who's juice can last through the day.androids need to be fueled many times throughout a day.imagine if i had to do that with my car-go to a gas station 2-4 times a day?how much money would i lose to unnecessary expenses?so i think i'll pass on the samsung galaxy s2,motorola atrix,htc inspire,htc holliday,etc this time around.
    09-02-11 09:26 PM
    Because I have a 3 year old device and I am ready for something with room for all my apps and more speed. When my 2 years on the 9900 contract is up QNX will have matured and be ready. I also like a keypad but when the time comes I won't have any problems with a touch screen. The Wifes 9810 made me realize ditching the keypad won't be so bad. HeII, maybe RIM will have a QNX with a keypad of some sorts.

09-02-11 09:32 PM
    not gonna lie i bought the phone on impulse!
    09-02-11 09:57 PM
    I'm not waiting around for QNX to change BlackBerry. I actually love the way BlackBerrys work now, call me crazy but I don't see why everyone thinks it's outdated. I have been using QNX on the PlayBook, and I really do like it, but I'm not sure how all this would be on the traditional BlackBerry. Yes, it is nice to swipe down from the bezel in the browser to open new tabs, but I'm fine with pressing W on my Bold. I had been using a 9780 since last November, and having had the 9700 since the November before that, I just wanted the bigger keyboard and all the upgrades which are substantial once you've been using it for a little. I've been asked by a few people how I like it so far. I tell them I don't. I love it.
    YourMobileGuru likes this.
    09-02-11 10:05 PM
    9900/30 does not disappoint... don�t know how you can resist!
    I couldn't... wish I chose overnight s&h. I'd have it this weekend =(
    09-02-11 10:16 PM
    Got my 9900 because my 9700's screen broke (bleeding all over ) I was going to just replace the screen for the 130 bucks or whatever, but my wife said just go buy a new one... so I did ... I also have full hardware upgrade available next month, so if the qnx is really all that, then I could upgrade anytime... leaving my options open while enjoying this new phone
    09-02-11 10:23 PM
    Because I was tired of dealing with my slow Tour and I don't expect QNX devices to hit the market for another year.
    09-02-11 10:51 PM
    A ton of great reasons being discussed here. I had a couple of reasons why I went with the 9900.

1) I needed a Wifi phone. I had the 8330 and the Tour and only 500mb of data and I was hitting like 480mb per month. I needed one desperately so its either go 9780 or 9900. No brainer right?

2) Full QWERTY keyboard + Touchscreen. The QNX phone is rumored to come without a keyboard and that would be a deal breaker for me. I like my easy access shortcuts to messages, bbm, contacts, etc.

3) If the 9900 had the specs of the 9360, I might have sucked it up on my Tour and waited for a QNX phone. The huge hardware upgrade is massive from my Tour to 9900. (500mhz vs 1200mhz, 256mb vs 700mb ram, 480x360 vs 640x480 res).

I've been happy with my Tour experience and never really had to need for an "iphone/android" experience on my phone which is what QNX is kinda aiming for. The 9900 will keep me happy for quite a while. =)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-02-11 11:19 PM
    I think some like myself that hv a Playbook kinda got the hunger for QNX to settle a bit. That made the improved Bold n Torch really attractive. Waitin on a 9850 but I'll probably get the super phone just to say ....Look wat I got!
    09-02-11 11:46 PM
    How about RIM will design to make 9900 upgradable from OS 7 to QNX? It is a win-win situation
    09-02-11 11:48 PM
    Bought the 9930 for VZW full price. I have a iphone 4 that I've been using for the past 5 months and for some reason I still craved a BB. The bold is "sexy" in so many ways that I'm sure most on this forum are aware of. However coming for apples app store to BB's is a huge bummer. Its down right awful and half the apps I get are from other web pages(I know its not BB strong point / appeal ). That being said I'm still holding a BB in hand right now and love it. Wouldve taken me 2 hours to type this with an iphone. Oh and for god sakes fix the bank of america app !!!!! Killin me !!!

09-03-11 12:12 AM
    I bought the 9900 because I wanted a Blackberry with a quicker processor. My 9900 is woefully slow and I thought that the 9900 would be a definite bump up.

That said, I am very disappointed. 8 hours after and my 9900 is dead. My almost fully-charged 9900 shut off and won't turn back on. Battery pulls don't work, and AC doesn't work. I even tried pressing the Escape button on the battery pull...about the only thing that might have brought it back.

A call to T-Mobile's RIM tech support didn't help. It's either the battery or a DOA unit.

What's so frustrating is that I spend hours switching the device info, plus my time going to the store and waiting. Of course the T-Mobile stores are sold out, so I have to wait longer. I'm pissed! Nice that a $600 device bricked on the very first day. Nice work Blackberry.
    09-03-11 12:14 AM
    The number one reason I picked up a 9930 was that it's the BlackBerry I've always wanted since picking up a Berry a few years back. It's fast, great keyboard, got a great design, plus it's touchscreen (which is a nice addition)

Also, I have the PlayBook and QNX is nice, but it's not quite ready. Don't get me wrong, I love my PlayBook and I'll get one of the QNX phones when they land, but even compared to my Android and iOS devices I love the BB OS. It just get's out of the way (at least on the fast 1.2GHz processor) and lets me work.

When I do switch to a QNX device, my 9930 will be safely tucked away just in case. Never know when a mobile will get lost/stolen/broken and I like having a premium device to fall back on.

I don't blame anyone for holding off though, I just have a gadget addiction myself.
    09-03-11 01:46 AM
    Don't shoot the messenger but QNX coming before the end of 2011 is a possibility according to the following article and could be a reason for some to wait and see...

BlackBerry Colt to launch before end of 2011? -- Engadget

"Citing several trusted industry sources, Dutch website Tweakers.net reports that the Canadian electronics company is rushing its first QNX-based smartphone out to the mobile market ahead of its previously rumored 2012 Q1 launch."

By the way, AT&T doesn't have the Bold 9900 yet, so I just bought the new Torch 9810 (which I feel is a MUCH better buy than the 9900 and it's due to arrive 9/6), so I couldn't wait for only $49.99. Plus I have another early upgrade to use once QNX is released, whenever that may be.

P.S. Look how fast Summer came and is now almost gone. Whether end of 2011 or 1st quarter of 2012, it will be here faster than we think!
    09-03-11 02:17 AM
    Migrated from the 9000 to the 9700 and now to the 9900.
    Was excited about the 9800 Torch but found the first try lacking. The 9810 is a much better edition.
    In the end I wanted the phone with the best of both worlds - without the slider.
    My guess is the development of QNX devices will be similar to the 9800/9810 evolution when they come out. The first try will be compelling, but the second editions a year later will be damn near perfect.

By the time we're looking at the second crop of QNX phones, I'll be ripe for another upgrade and will probably dive in at that point.

09-03-11 02:27 AM
    Just curious why you bought the 9900 instead of waiting.
    I'm tempted but thinking about waiting.
    The first model of a new OS makes me a bit nervous though.
    My 9700 was starting to show its age [I got it a couple of days after it was released] so I needed to upgrade soon in any case.

If the QNX Blackberrys are introduced before this time next year, I will be very surprised. I will also be very surprised if the QNX phones are anything like ready for service for several months after their release. Bottom line...I suspect my 9900 will be nearing the end of its life by the time I want or need QNX.
    09-03-11 02:57 AM
    I bought the 9900 because I wanted a Blackberry with a quicker processor. My 9900 is woefully slow and I thought that the 9900 would be a definite bump up.

That said, I am very disappointed. 8 hours after and my 9900 is dead. My almost fully-charged 9900 shut off and won't turn back on. Battery pulls don't work, and AC doesn't work. I even tried pressing the Escape button on the battery pull...about the only thing that might have brought it back.

A call to T-Mobile's RIM tech support didn't help. It's either the battery or a DOA unit.

What's so frustrating is that I spend hours switching the device info, plus my time going to the store and waiting. Of course the T-Mobile stores are sold out, so I have to wait longer. I'm pissed! Nice that a $600 device bricked on the very first day. Nice work Blackberry.
    Assuming you haven't messed up the hardware why are you fretting and not rebooting the software?

Just wire the thing to desktop manager and do a software update that sorts out 99% of the issues you have described.

My guess is you tinkered with the settings a lot and overode all recommendations. (RIM somehow allows this a lot)
    09-03-11 03:19 AM
    I got my 9900 (I came from a Torch 9800) because the speed, the larger keyboard, its the new flagship Blackberry and it really is better than I expected compared to the Torch.

If the QNX was released the same day as the 9900 I would still go for the 9900 as it has a proper keyboard, assuming the rumors are true regarding the non-keyboard QNX 'Colt'.
    09-03-11 04:45 AM
    I wanted something here and now. Pretty simple as that. QNX may not be right around the corner as some believe. Good chance they won't even be officially announced for several months. Then likely a few more months for device releases. So another year? No thanks I'll take the 9930 now and wait and see how the QNX devices are when they are released. If my blackberry is still holding strong I'll likely wait for the second wave of QNX devices.

09-03-11 05:00 AM
    Improved OS...and as a long time customer back to the old Voicestream (now T-Mobile) days they let me upgrade for $49.00 with a 2yr contract extension on my grandfathered plan.
    09-03-11 05:03 AM
    I could not wait. I am a Blackberry addict! Just picked up my 9930. I will also purchase outright the QNX BB when it is released in the future. Dang, I think I will join Crackberry anonymous. hahahha
    09-03-11 05:45 AM
    because i cant help my self
    09-03-11 07:17 AM
    I chose my 9900 over waiting for QNX because i was rocking a storm 2:P Couldnt wait any longer for an upgrade so i took the 9900 and i have to say im glad i did. QNX will undoubtedly be awesome, but with this phone it wont hurt so bad to wait
    09-03-11 07:44 AM
114 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD