Because I actually wanted a "Real" Blackberry Bold again. The last one for me was the 9000.
    belfastdispatcher likes this.
    09-02-11 07:49 AM
    Picked mine up for two reasons:
    1)new blackberry Ooo shiny- Had a Storm2 because I turned my android phone back in. Glad to update to something faster.

2)upgrade moment - I've noticed RIM tends to release phones roughly around the time I'm due for an upgrade, and since VZW is getting rid of the 'new every two' discount pricing, I decided to use it now rather than wait and lose it.
    09-02-11 02:50 PM
    Because I average one phone a year.
    Because all I'm interested in is the latest Blackberry.
    Because the 9900 looks so sweet.
    Because I heard somewhere that the first QNX phone would be an all touch affair. I flirted with all touch with the Storm and figured that I like physical QWERTY better.
    Because I have the ability to buy the QNX on launch day as a pretty alternate to my 9900, which I plan to keep even if I buy the QNX BB. Kind of like a day phone and a night phone.
    09-02-11 02:55 PM
    Just curious why you bought the 9900 instead of waiting.
    I'm tempted but thinking about waiting.
    The first model of a new OS makes me a bit nervous though.

Why are you stuck on your ancient 9700 still? Not even a 9780....tsk tsk.

First you must realize this, there will always be a new something coming out. How long are you going to wait for? Also, the first QNX phone will be full touchscreen, or so say the rumors. Secondly, the difference between OS7 and QNX can't be that different. It may be smoother and more intuitive like the Playbook but for the most part, OS7 has satisfied many users, now all they need are applications to take advantage of it which will come in time.

And it makes no sense for you to say, the first model of a new OS makes you nervous. OS7 isn't new at all, its still based off of the 10 year old structure you are use to, in fact it was suppose to be called 6.1....

And how can you say a new OS scared you when you are waiting for a QNX?

And on top of it all, what are you waiting for? A Full keyboard QNX phone? Rim has not said they would release one yet! Yes it will come out, but there is no release date. Why is everyone so concerned about waiting for a phone that has no release date? And when it does come out, do you honestly think it will be on time? And if it is on time, how long will it be fore ATT to release it? Look what they have done for the current Bold...
    09-02-11 06:09 PM
    I upgraded mainly because I was getting tired of OS6 slowing up my 9700, even with minimal apps. That, and I absolutely loved typing on my 9000 that suffered a premature death (white screen of death).
    09-02-11 06:10 PM
    First, I don't think QNX will be out before the second half of 2012 (I certainly could be wrong). Second, I'm ready to buy a device off-contract/full retail if/when it comes out, so I wasn't worried about using my upgrade on my 9930 (which I'm very pleased with).
    YourMobileGuru likes this.
    09-02-11 06:16 PM
    Because I'll get it too

Sent using my Photon 4G via Sprint

Crackberry Forum Moderator posting from an Android phone??? Blasphemy!!!
    YourMobileGuru likes this.
    09-02-11 06:23 PM
    Beause I'm a "crack" addict. lol ... the 9000 was always my favorite device .. it had the right sized keyboard for my thumbs and I always loved the form factor. I'm not a fan of the slider torch and don't like typing on glass ... so when the 9900 was announced, I had to have it. Loved my 9780 but oh well.....

Now, my son has my 9700 off contract, my wife has my old 9780 with no term and I bought my 9900 outright ... 3 houshould devices without term purgatory. lol

Seriously though ... it was the chance at having the best form factor device with touch screen, power, speed and best keyboard on the market.
    09-02-11 06:26 PM
    I have a Torch, which replaced a Bold 9000. I'm also handicapped by AT&T, so it may be 2012 before I can get a 9900, which I will do, and 2015 before AT&T lets QNX hit the shelves.
    09-02-11 06:27 PM
    Not really in the mood for an android clone. I had one for about 6 months. Battery never lasted past 2pm. Always had to recharge. Even this 9930 has a battery that will last all day with heavy use.

Personally I think it is a mistake to go to QNX. I think that the market is reading too much into what tech guys are saying. I need my phone to work reliably and last all day. Get emails and the like. Not do cool things I don't need like play flash and kill my battery.

If they go to QNX exclusively this is the last blackberry I'm going to buy. That being said, the last time I was this happy with a bb I kept it for 3 years so maybe they'll figure it out by then.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-11 06:30 PM
    I got my 9930 because based on RIM's past releases I don't anticipate QNX for sometime. My guess is at least 1yr from now before it is announced and released by carriers. By that time I should be eligible for another upgrade, my carrier allows for a upgrade every 11 months. Even if it is rumored to be released 1st QTR 2012, Its very doubtful they will announce it before then, more like mid to late 2012 for the official announcement and then we still have to wait for carriers to release it.
    Same here. I upgraded to a Droid 3 but then it crapped out so I swapped for a Droid x2 but it had signal issues and I was about to be stuck with a crap phone for two years. The Bold 9930 came out right as my trial period was ending so I got it and I've never had a bad BB, I just always abandon them for other phones but I always come crawling back. I'll more than likely get the next great BB when it releases.

09-02-11 07:00 PM
    There's so much in this thread I agree with..

I got the 9900 off contract because I loves me some physical keyboard. QNX full touchscreen doesn't interest me in the slightest. BBOS 7 is dreamy, I can really understand why they renamed it 7.0 instead of 6.1, maybe it's just the satisfaction/excitement of a new BlackBerry, but I really do believe 7.0 is more fitting.

09-02-11 07:03 PM
    Because as already mentioned the Bold has a keyboard and the Colt will be touch screen. I have a Playbook and don;t want to get on the merry go round of waiting for the next Big Thing..........Then you'll never buy.
    09-02-11 07:04 PM
    I haven't upgraded yet because I am waiting for Verizon to carry the new Torch 9850. I have a Playbook so I don't need to wait for QNX devices. Furthermore, if the rumors are true, and RIM is testing QNX on single core devices as we speak, then OS7 devices will be able to upgrade to a QNX based OS. Granted, we won't get full benefit without a dual core processor, it'll still be a nice upgrade. And if that doesn't end up happening, OS7 gives me what I need and (again) I have a Playbook. Unlike the anti-QNX posters, I believe RIM will not provide a QNX OS without ensuring a good battery life remains an aspect of the BB experience. It's one of their selling points and they'd lose too many loyal customers.
    09-02-11 07:08 PM
    QNX is a story and Bold 9900 is the real things... this is the first BlackBerry I ever have and I happy with it. waiting until 2012 is not the right solutions if we mostly needed on our BlackBerry only for BBM, Social Networks, and Email.

We can do it on BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930 without any worries with powerful 1.2GHz and RAM more than 700MB is good enough for me...
    09-02-11 07:14 PM

Crackberry Forum Moderator posting from an Android phone??? Blasphemy!!!
    I can change it to say BlackBerry, but I'd be lying... lol.

Waiting for my 9900 though
    09-02-11 07:38 PM
    2 reasons:

2) When QNX will first be released, I expect to see a lot of bugs until a few months when it finally becomes stable, thus, I am in no rush
    QNX is unlikely to be buggy - it will have been running on Playbook for 9 months + at time of release.
    09-02-11 07:42 PM
    I don't have the 9900 yet but I would buy it because the QNX phones the first one is gonna lack a physical kkeyboard and I need the keyboard

09-02-11 07:54 PM
    If you go to any store and take a look at it you will see that it is an incredible device. All the things one likes about BB and none of the stuff you don't.

What else does anyone need?
    20% faster (finally) than the iPhone.
    World phone
    Great web browsing
    Best keyboard in the world.
    NFC.
    Crisp and responsive touch screen.
    Looks and feels great.
    Great bridge integration.

Plus the old goodies:
    Great and durable hardware, best security, best e-mail, best messaging, great phone, good battery life.

Why wait for a concept when you can have awesome right now? If the QNX is so awesome I just have to have it, then I'll get it, whenever it comes out. But here is this beauty available right now. In my view the Bold 9930 is the best phone out there. However, I would say the BB Torch2 is just as awesome if that is the form factor people like. I've used both and it was a very close call.
    I suggest you go to the store and check it out. It is awesome. Finally RIMM hit it out of the ballpark.
    09-02-11 07:55 PM
    Just ordered my 9930 from Crackberry 10 minutes ago! After this last rush I'm off the crack for a while! Playbook and new Bold. You can debate all you want but I have found my phone narvana.
    Last edited by PondHockey; 09-02-11 at 07:59 PM.
    09-02-11 07:57 PM
    I have to agree with may of the comments above. I got the Bold 9930 because the OS7 has been "tried and true" so to speak. Also many apps out there for it. Where as the QNX, although, it has A LOT of sweetness, it going to be "brand" new for phones. I guess the bottom line for me was i needed something that I KNOW is rock sold for my business work.
    09-02-11 08:04 PM
    Hey,
    I had one of them. Really beautiful phone and OS. It is a shame it died. However, it really did have a poor camera, resolution and the device felt plasticky and a bit cheap when used. Further, it did not have push main or BBM. The Keyboard was no where near a BB.
    The new BB's are just awesome. The Bold 9930 is a quality build in every way. Unfortunately for PALM, they were always struggling financially and they cut corners that really they should not have.
    The BB Torch is a natural and much improved transition to the Palm Pre Plus.
    09-02-11 08:06 PM
    2 reasons:

1) What will QNX do that OS 7 can't do? I see no real benefit other than an improvement in the interface for now.

2) When QNX will first be released, I expect to see a lot of bugs until a few months when it finally becomes stable, thus, I am in no rush

3) How can you resist the smokin' fast 9900 with a 1200 MHz. and Liquid Graphics? I know the QNX device will probably be the same or faster, but the difference between the 9900 and the older BlackBerrys is breathe taking and once you try it for a few minutes, it is very hard to go back to your old BlackBerry
    +1
    10char
    09-02-11 08:11 PM
    I can change it to say BlackBerry, but I'd be lying... lol.

Waiting for my 9900 though
    9900/30 does not disappoint... don�t know how you can resist!
    09-02-11 08:13 PM
    I got my 9900 on a 12 month contract which ends next August, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if the QNX phones are delayed going by RIM's history. Plus I probably won't get a QNX phone without a physical keyboard of some sort.
    09-02-11 08:21 PM
114 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD