trying to browse through photos or folders on my phone through the PC (via USB) is incredibly slow.. thumbnails will take AGES to load and transfers are mad slow... this can't be right?? i'm pretty sure none of my old blackberries were like this? i have a 16gb class 6 card
    06-20-12 08:52 PM
    No, it is not right. My Media Card is pretty quick. It is about the same speed as a USB drive.

Are you connecting your phone directly to your PC? Thi sis the best way. Going via an external hub is known to cause problems and should be acoided.

Maybe you have a problem with the card itself. Try error checking it in Windows by right clicking on the drive in My Computer and using Tols to check its integrity. Maybe this will help.

Try the microSD card in a USB adapter or an SD adapter so that it is out of the phone. This will prove the card to be good or bad. If the card is still slow when connected this way, try another card in your phone to see if things improve.

Tray the phone on another PC. Does this improve things.

It is really a game of seeing what works and what does not.

One thing is sure, a BlackBerry connected to a PC should read the Media Card (microSD) a lot faster than you are currently seeing.
    06-20-12 08:59 PM
    No, it is not right. My Media Card is pretty quick. It is about the same speed as a USB drive.

Are you connecting your phone directly to your PC? Thi sis the best way. Going via an external hub is known to cause problems and should be acoided.

Maybe you have a problem with the card itself. Try error checking it in Windows by right clicking on the drive in My Computer and using Tols to check its integrity. Maybe this will help.

Try the microSD card in a USB adapter or an SD adapter so that it is out of the phone. This will prove the card to be good or bad. If the card is still slow when connected this way, try another card in your phone to see if things improve.

Tray the phone on another PC. Does this improve things.

It is really a game of seeing what works and what does not.

One thing is sure, a BlackBerry connected to a PC should read the Media Card (microSD) a lot faster than you are currently seeing.
    i knew it couldn't be right.. i'm plugging it straight into the phone as i don't have a card reader... i'll try a different memory card and see if things improve...
    06-20-12 09:16 PM
    Go buy a reader for Pete sakes (sorry, couldn't resist Pete )

They're less than $10, and can be found at all office supplies, most drug stores, and probably the dollar stores too.

While my class 10 loads quickly through the phone, when I want to back up the card, it goes much quicker in a stick.
    Pete6 and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-20-12 11:00 PM
    Go buy a reader for Pete sakes (sorry, couldn't resist Pete )

They're less than $10, and can be found at all office supplies, most drug stores, and probably the dollar stores too.

While my class 10 loads quickly through the phone, when I want to back up the card, it goes much quicker in a stick.
    i would if you werent forced to take the battery out to get to the memory card (why RIM WHY???)... on your PC when you check properties for the memory card does yours show it as FAT32 or NTFS? mine is FAT32 i think it may be why it's so slow
    06-20-12 11:24 PM
    LoL! I can't remember. You should have formatted it in the phone, before loading any files. To be safe, back up all the files on the PC, format it on the phone (Options->Storage->menu->Format. Then load the files back on. Keep in mind, you'll need to create multiple folders for everything.

The phone boots in 2-3 minutes, and is instantly ready to use. Pulling the battery is a minor annoyance.
    06-20-12 11:53 PM
    just did a format.. still slow.. Its a patriot 16gb class 10 not 6.. Did some research and apparently these patriot cards are outperformed by class 4 cards.. Don't cheap out on your sd card!!
    06-21-12 02:32 AM
    I have sd card problems and found a new usb card reader on ebay for 1.49.

Quality cards are always better, my SanDisk still played up though.
    06-21-12 06:08 AM
    BlackBerry Media cards should be formatted in the phone since the formatting process also creates the required folder structure. BlackBerry Media Cards are always formatted as FAT32 (above 4GB) since this is what the BlackBerry uses. It does not understand NTFS.
    06-21-12 06:15 AM
    I have sd card problems and found a new usb card reader on ebay for 1.49.

Quality cards are always better, my SanDisk still played up though.
    You are right, SanDisk cards are amongst the best. The forgers know this and will put the name SanDisk on any old card if they think they can make money from it.

The ONLY way to see if the card is potentially a SanDisk model is to check the product number on the card against the SanDisk product list. This filters out abiyut 75% of forgeries. If the card has a SanDisk number and it is the correct capacity and Class then it could be genuine. Because of this and ebay's own warnings eBay.co.uk Guides - Fake MicroSD I would not buy a microSD card from ebay.

SanDisk also sell two ways. They sell "retail packaged" products that come in bubble packs that say SanDisk and usually with a SD or USB adapter in the package. Buying this way gets you a SanDisk warranty.

The other way they sell is that they sell in bulk to companies. This is to service manufacturers who wish to embed or deliver a card indise their product. However such cards are also sold retail by companies who have purchased in bulk. These cards are sold loose of in other packaging, usually at a lower price. Buying this means that your waranty is with the seller, not with SanDisk.

I have seen 32Gb cards made up of 8 x 4Gb modules internally wired so as to present 32Gb. It was soooo slow. Later, it failed and that's when we took it to pieces.

Please be careful when you buy low cost microSd cards. Check the full retail proce first and if the deal looks to goos, it is. Note the lack of the word "probably".

I once bought a Rolex watch in Malasia. It looked really good and it worked well. Obviously it was a fake. . It cost $20. When I retired, I bought myself a genuine Rolex from an official Rolex dealer in Geneva, Switzerland. This cost just a little bit more but, I know it is genuine.
    Ben1232 likes this.
    06-21-12 06:29 AM
    You are right, SanDisk cards are amongst the best. The forgers know this and will put the name SanDisk on any old card if they think they can make money from it.

The ONLY way to see if the card is potentially a SanDisk model is to check the product number on the card against the SanDisk product list. This filters out abiyut 75% of forgeries. If the card has a SanDisk number and it is the correct capacity and Class then it could be genuine. Because of this and ebay's own warnings eBay.co.uk Guides - Fake MicroSD I would not buy a microSD card from ebay.

SanDisk also sell two ways. They sell "retail packaged" products that come in bubble packs that say SanDisk and usually with a SD or USB adapter in the package. Buying this way gets you a SanDisk warranty.

The other way they sell is that they sell in bulk to companies. This is to service manufacturers who wish to embed or deliver a card indise their product. However such cards are also sold retail by companies who have purchased in bulk. These cards are sold loose of in other packaging, usually at a lower price. Buying this means that your waranty is with the seller, not with SanDisk.

I have seen 32Gb cards made up of 8 x 4Gb modules internally wired so as to present 32Gb. It was soooo slow. Later, it failed and that's when we took it to pieces.

Please be careful when you buy low cost microSd cards. Check the full retail proce first and if the deal looks to goos, it is. Note the lack of the word "probably".

I once bought a Rolex watch in Malasia. It looked really good and it worked well. Obviously it was a fake. . It cost $20. When I retired, I bought myself a genuine Rolex from an official Rolex dealer in Geneva, Switzerland. This cost just a little bit more but, I know it is genuine.
    Lol at the 8 X 4Gb cards haha.

Here is the card which I was looking to buy soon.

SanDisk 32GB Micro SDHC Ultra Card with Adapter: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
    06-21-12 06:57 AM

SanDisk 32GB Micro SDHC Ultra Card with Adapter: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
    That's a nice card. Given the speed they quote, it is highly doubtful that this card will be a fake today. Note that is comes with an adapter which means that this card is SanDisk retail packaged and is sold as such by SaDisk. Your warranty will ultimately be with SanDisk.

I too have been looking at this card.
    Ben1232 likes this.
    06-21-12 07:14 AM
    That's a nice card. Given the speed they quote, it is highly doubtful that this card will be a fake today. Note that is comes with an adapter which means that this card is SanDisk retail packaged and is sold as such by SaDisk. Your warranty will ultimately be with SanDisk.

I too have been looking at this card.
    Oh cool, that's further confirmation that this most probably isn't a fake.

Thanks Pete.
    06-21-12 07:17 AM

That looks like a really nice card, no reviews yet though. I bought a genuine Samsung 32gb Class 10 card that came in retail packaging with SD and usb adapters for $30 a while back on Amazon that works great, very fast, even with video.
    06-21-12 07:52 AM
    i think it depends on card company also. my scan disk card is pretty fast.
    06-21-12 07:54 AM
    That looks like a really nice card, no reviews yet though. I bought a genuine Samsung 32gb Class 10 card that came in retail packaging with SD and usb adapters for $30 a while back on Amazon that works great, very fast, even with video.
    I have seen those Samsung cards on Amazon too. I hope to see a noticable difference in speed but not expecting miracles with a class 10.

It seems a shame we can't have a 64Gb card in our Blackberry's, then again it would be strange for my BB to have more storage than my PB .
    06-21-12 07:58 AM
    SanDisk ULTRA MicroSD XC CARD 64GB W/ADAPTOR CLASS 10 I'm using this and I have no problems. Always format it before putting anything on it.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 12:56 PM
    SanDisk ULTRA MicroSD XC CARD 64GB W/ADAPTOR CLASS 10 I'm using this and I have no problems. Always format it before putting anything on it.

Posted via CB10
    Are you saying your using a 64gb card in a 9900?
    03-08-13 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD