I'm on "loud" profile now. everything in options says loud, and vibrate + tone are selected for in and out of holster.

I am getting texts and it is only vibrating.

this morning I had the setting on normal profile - and my alarm did not ring.

I was getting text sound notifications yesterday.

this is rather annoying. I dont want to miss anything because of not hearing anything.
    06-01-09 08:14 PM
    My wife would love that setting. Mines seems to vibrate a couple of times before anything rings so I usually answer/read email/read text before it even starts ringing.
    06-01-09 08:29 PM
    what is going on?
    only vibrates.

now Im going to test my ringtones, i highlight the play button and hit select with trackball. the track stays at 0:00 and wont even play the ringtones.
    I tried to play mp3s too. stays at 0:00.

UGH
    06-01-09 08:31 PM
    Try going to profiles then going down to advanced. Highlight the profile that you are using and then press the menu key to select edit from there go to sms and see if it is set to vibrate. Also if you have changed themes it could have changed the settings for the sounds. Might also want to try a battery pull.
    06-01-09 08:31 PM
    I just said I checked to make sure it said tone and vibrate. I even changed it to just tone only. now its completely silent.
    I chcked absolutely everything in advanced options.

ringtones wont even play when i hit play, it stays at 0:00.

so frustrating.

no new theme either.
    06-01-09 08:33 PM
    battery pull fixed it. but Im still worried. Ive only had this phone for a week. I hope that problem doesnt occur again. doesnt seem very reliable if I have to worry if my sound will always be working.

well we'll see. I still have time to check it out and I can always let at&t look at it and find a solution, whether it be giving a new bold or not. I'm only a week in.

thanks.
    06-01-09 08:42 PM
    Blackberry's vibrate, then ring. They don't vibrate and ring at the same time without the use of a 3rd party app...Don't answer your phone so fast or download BuzzMe
    06-01-09 08:43 PM
    no. I was actually experiencing a problem.

NO notification tone AT ALL during texts, alarms. its not about answering them. they were left alone for several minutes. I only saw the red light flashing. and they were only vibrating. I was previously having NO problems yesterday. and today it acted up, and I didnt change a thing.

I tested it several times by texting myself from my computer.

AND I just said that ringtones and mp3s WOULD NOT play when I hit the "play" arrow button. it stayed at 0:00.

a BATTERY PULL fixed the problem.

I appreciate people taking the time out to read my problem and thread, but sometimes you people simply cannot read.
    06-01-09 08:53 PM
    I can read just fine. I just had several tabs open and when I got to this one you had not posted that yet.
    06-01-09 08:55 PM
    Also I can read just fine as well. I also posted after you had already posted.....now I feel like my intelligence was insulted a little bit...oh well glad the battery pull worked.....
    06-01-09 10:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD