06-05-08 05:44 PM
47 12
tools
    Actually i dont regreat at all, the reason why is because like you said above the lastest os for the curve will take us as close as the 9000 os , however it s always cool to have a better screen, a faster processor and definitly the 3g. but once again if you want to enjoy the 3g you better have a good data plan , that's why i use the 8320 wifi everytime. the combo gps and wifi is great too on the 9000 but it s a bigger phone than a curve and i m not sure i want to get back to a bigger device.. i will see after the release of the 9000 from rogers to see if the get a good 3g plan or not...
    05-13-08 07:01 PM
    Well all..to reply to both subject variations in this thread...first: I went from a Trea to a Curve and have not looked back...what touchscreen? (Grin LOL) second: I use my Curve as my personal device (different "issued" device for work) and I use it exclusively for phone, email, SMS, and occasional web browsing. I am not a power/hardcore user... I am also with a CDMA/1xEVDO carrier that has always treated me well and I don't intend to leave! It will take a long time for the Bold to get to my carrier...so I will make the decision about the Bold when it comes...I am up for a free new device every 24 months....who knows what RIM has up its sleeve for May of 2010 LOL ... As much as I'm a geek... I will use my Curve happily until something comes along to my carrier that takes my breath away!!! That won't be the Bold for a while yet!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-08 08:24 PM
    I would make the jump and I will make the jump. Verizon will get the touch screen if your into that. I mean 9000 all the way.....
    05-13-08 09:28 PM
    possibly in may 2009?

yikes. my contract will still have 6 months to go!

lmao. i'm in trouble!
    05-14-08 12:56 AM
    Actually i dont regreat at all, the reason why is because like you said above the lastest os for the curve will take us as close as the 9000 os , however it s always cool to have a better screen, a faster processor and definitly the 3g. but once again if you want to enjoy the 3g you better have a good data plan , that's why i use the 8320 wifi everytime. the combo gps and wifi is great too on the 9000 but it s a bigger phone than a curve and i m not sure i want to get back to a bigger device.. i will see after the release of the 9000 from rogers to see if the get a good 3g plan or not...

have to disagree, the bold has twice the horsepower under the hood, no matter what you pump into a curve for an OS it will still only be half the device in all reality, 4.6 OS will not be handled nearly as well on a curve as on the bold it's self, you will get a watered down 4.6 if you get a 4.6 at all..
    05-14-08 01:19 AM
    Just got the Curve (my first BB). I miss all the available 3rd party software that I had available to me on the Treo. I'm sure, though, the developers are working on new apps for the BB; so, my Curve will tide me over until...

...finally...a BB with a touch screen becomes available.

After two years of having a touch screen (Treo), it feels awkward using a smart phone that doesn't have it.
    Give it a few more minutes; that awkward feeling will go away... believe that. All my previous phones have been touch screen. I'm talking since the Treo 600. I thought having a touch screen was all the rage- but you know what? It feels & looks great not having to wipe down the screen.

Some will say that a screen protector is the answer; but I wasnt moved by the dull look a protector gave the screen.
    05-14-08 01:22 AM
    The keyboard looks to much like the 8800 on the bold. And I'm not to hyped up about a touch screen, there's no feed back on touch screen keyboard. Maybe if bb did a TC like a treo where u still had a keyboard it would be worth it

05-14-08 06:46 AM
    I'm happy with my Curve...its my first BB so it is almost overwhelming considering I went to it from a Samsung Sync. I def. like the latest greatest but there is a part of me that says I should wait for BB to take their next step after the Bold. I think something even better may be on the horizon (come upgrade time).
    05-15-08 11:31 PM
    if i just got my curve within in May/April. I will wish that I have wait for Bold,
    but since I got it last year. I will definitely say no.
    05-18-08 01:07 PM
    what are the chances - really - that VZW will offer the Bold in 2008? pretty slim, i'd guess. gotta go with the best they offer at the time.
    05-18-08 01:17 PM
    Its likely Verizon will have some variant of the 9000 series this year, will it be the bold or the touch screen variant.
    05-18-08 04:36 PM
    I'm waiting to get one. I have a Curve but I put it back in its box for the fear of damaging it. Currently I'm using a RAZR 2 and I'm fiending to go back the the BB. So in the meantime, I'll continue to use my RAZR 2 until I have the money to buy a red Pearl to tie me over until the Bold comes out.

Honestly, BB Addiction can be a B****
    06-02-08 05:36 AM
    I'm waiting to get one. I have a Curve but I put it back in its box for the fear of damaging it. Currently I'm using a RAZR 2 and I'm fiending to go back the the BB. So in the meantime, I'll continue to use my RAZR 2 until I have the money to buy a red Pearl to tie me over until the Bold comes out.

Honestly, BB Addiction can be a B****
    I'm lost. You have a Curve you keep in a box for fear of damaging it? But instead of returning it for the Pearl, you'd rather save up for the Pearl? So then what are you going to do with your boxed up Curve when the Bold comes out?
    06-02-08 05:52 AM
    I'm lost. You have a Curve you keep in a box for fear of damaging it? But instead of returning it for the Pearl, you'd rather save up for the Pearl? So then what are you going to do with your boxed up Curve when the Bold comes out?
    Yeah I guess I should've elaborated more.

1. I collect phones, for the record.

2. I have and used the Curve for quite sometime. I put it back in it's box because I wanted to keep it looking nice from being scratched and damaged (I use phones for no longer than 6-7 months before I "retire" it)

3. I've bought a RAZR 2 because of looks and function, but since I'm missing the love and companionship of the BB, I'm saving up for the red Pearl (my fiancee, Jessica wants the white one, I think) and going to use that until the Bold comes out, and will get that accordingly.

Hope this helps.
    06-02-08 06:23 AM
    Sticking with the Curve 8300 since I cant get any other one SIM free in the UK !!!

Does my nut in !!
    06-02-08 07:19 AM
    Yeah I guess I should've elaborated more.

1. I collect phones, for the record.

omg...that's an expensive hobby!

i'm wondering, though, why would you collect cell phones? do you plan to display them at some point?
    06-02-08 10:15 AM
    omg...that's an expensive hobby!

i'm wondering, though, why would you collect cell phones? do you plan to display them at some point?
    LOL i know right. I just bought the Red Pearl today from a guy for $145, so now I need to get the white one for Jessica and then its onto the Bold!
    06-02-08 07:41 PM
    All I want is 3G and I wish mt curve had it.
    It must be nice to be rich. Just buying a Curve and going to spend almost $400.00 for a new phone. Guess I will wait till I have to renew. With ATT. Though I am a little pissed with their phone service connection lately

06-04-08 05:38 PM
    at first i had thoughts that maybe i should have waited, but i loved the curve since i first picked it up in the store. i really love my curve and i just cant see myself giving it up for the Bold. besides, who knows when it will come out? we've seen verizon post release dates for products and delay the release for weeks...
    06-04-08 06:45 PM
    oh and phoneking13...what do you do with these phones you collect?

im just curious
    06-04-08 06:48 PM
    I've had my personal dilemmas, but the fact is I was VERY eager to switch providers as my previous contract was up, and I ended up + $25 on my Curve when ordering it from Amazon. I'm very anxious for the Bold's release, but with T-Mobile not having 3G in my area, I had no problem settling with my Curve for now.
    06-04-08 09:14 PM
    Since I have Verizon Im going to get my curve in a week or so and I dont think ill regret it. Who knows how long Verizon is going to take to get the Bold. The curve is pretty damn fast with Verizons network. Its enough until the Bold comes out which ill probably just save up for once it does finally come out for Verizon.
    06-05-08 05:44 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD