They could be Testers, Employees, Friends of/related to a Tester/Employee or just good at getting things they are not suppose to have...

I've seen a YouTube video made by a thirteen year old kid with a Pre-Release... LMA
    where is this video...link please
    08-18-09 01:12 AM
    I'm not so sure if I would want to do that or not. I mean yeah they are all new and shiny and do stuff that current ones can't, but I like my stuff to work right. I'm sure its often a hassle to try and use something that just isn't ready yet. Every time you find a glitch you have to report it, in detail. Maybe answer questions about how and what you were doing at the time. And if you can't reproduce it, everyone knows you are a loonatic.
    I wouldn't do it, not for free anyway. Dunno if those people get paid or not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 01:30 AM
    count me in if theres any
    08-18-09 07:39 AM
    I would love to find out how to become a product testers for devices like these, but I agree with skyboxer. I've tested pre-release software before and it's a serious pain to use something with tons of bugs and be obligated to constantly report them.
    08-18-09 11:04 AM
    I think some of them work for RIM and some are from the corporate sector (BES) users.

As CX said BES users are majority of blackberry users and blackberry's money maker, hence they are the ones being cater to?

Just a guess.
    08-18-09 03:49 PM
    Salomadrin, how do you get the phones before time and test them. let us into the scoop
    08-18-09 10:32 PM
    He buys them from people.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 12:35 AM
    you must find the one with the leopard print rug.
    08-19-09 12:52 AM
    Salomadrin, how do you get the phones before time and test them. let us into the scoop
    LMAO @ Salomadrin

Well, typically people like Saloma get new phones because of pure awesomness. He (or maybe Saloma is a "she") posts WTB ads here http://forums.crackberry.com/f14/ and they bring them to him. Unless you have already noticed, he pays with awesomness. Cash is not an option in such transactions. Also, you have to agree to never leak videos of the device you receive.

p.s. The link above is classified. Copy + paste in plain text, print on paper and eat. Chew well. Do not spit out.

Disclaimer: Above is a joke. The author waives any responsibility. Do not try this at home.
    08-19-09 09:24 AM
    I think some of them work for RIM and some are from the corporate sector (BES) users.

As CX said BES users are majority of blackberry users and blackberry's money maker, hence they are the ones being cater to?

Just a guess.
    true. RIM often get some of their biggest BES clients to test new devices, as they're the users they cater to most, and use their Berries the most.
    08-20-09 03:52 AM
    Beta testing is fun. I am a total BB noob and I want more. I don't know why but I feel like I must buy when the newest device comes out and I just bought a Tour. I think I am screwed!
    08-22-09 01:04 AM
    to obtain hidden BB's

1. go to RIM Headquarters

2. Call in bomb scare

3. Run inside and grab what you can!!!

4. Run like hel!!!!!!

haha j/k do not do this try tis or think this! steve jobs has already tried why do you think he was "sick"???? haha lol
    08-22-09 01:16 AM
    its the engineering unit for tester
    08-22-09 01:17 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD