I've had my 9000 for 11 months now and love the phone. I currently use the Fuel charger also as a Holster. The phone has fallen out with no scratches. Have had a couple of mishaps with it slipping out of my hands, battery cover coming off and battery falling out. This phone still works great. I don't think I will switch when my contract is up in July 2011.
    06-13-10 06:46 PM
    I bought the 9700 a few months ago. I still can't stop swapping my SIM into my 9000 every weekend. Like right now. During the week, the 9700 is my daily driver. I need the trackpad because my chosen profession keeps my thumbs filthy all day long and the trackball on my 9000 fizzles out after a few months. So, as stated above, and as repeatedly stated by myself here on crackberry.....please, for the love of god, jesus and baby jesus, won't RIM make a 9000 sized device with a trackpad....oh, and the usual upgraded bells n whistles?
    I sure do hate Monday mornings when I've got to de-otterbox both berries, swap the sim, move my email accounts and validate all 6 of them. Finally I restore my bbm contacts and I'm ready for another 5 days of mini bold.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-10 09:11 PM
    Iphone 4 or BB slider.
    Probably Iphone 4 is the best

06-13-10 11:42 PM
    I plan on keeping my 9000 until next year. My contract is up in May 2011. At that point, I'll probably switch to T-Mobile and the Slider if it is available. They should have all the bugs worked out and OS 6.0 by then.
    06-13-10 11:46 PM
    The Bold was my first smartphone and it has served me well. However, I'm now due for an upgrade and feel that either the Iphone 4 or Andriod would be more condusive to my needs for better media and web interfaces.
    06-14-10 02:02 AM
    My bold is 19 months old and it is on its way out It is NOT the same phone anymore...getting very buggy and slow. I love this phone and will hold onto it until it dies! I don't like the 9700 feel and I am due for an upgrade in 6 months. I am stumped I'm probably going to jump ship if RIM doesn't have a good replacement for the 9000 HTC Incredible looks kind of nice!
    06-14-10 04:22 AM
    I have traded my 8900 for the 9000 ever since my post in this thread and i am loving it! Can't keep it down.

I guess the processor really makes things better, its so much smoother and faster than the 8900 and not really noticing the lack of app memory though it bothers me to see it so low around 20 MB free most of the times.

I will be keeping it for sure!
    06-14-10 10:27 AM
    I sold my 9000 and recently picked up an HTC Incredible...
    I miss my Blackberry so bad. This droid is fun and websurfing is nice, but it actually makes me MISS the battery life on the 9000. Emailing and messaging on a virtual keyboard is a pain in the ****. The blinking LED on the phone for messages is barely visible and I never know when I have a message. I tried an iPhone also (before my switch to the Android) which is complete garbage. Blackberries are communication devices for people with lives, while Droids and iPhones are toys for people with too much time on their hands. I'm praying the Bold 9800 comes out before my 30 days is up with Verizon so I can return this Droid.
    06-14-10 12:20 PM
    i think the 9000 has reached the end of its life cycle. it keeps freezing on me and i have to do battery pulls all the time. its good that i just bought a second berry recently. i will probably put the 9000 on the shelf soon. it was a great device in its prime. i rely on my blackberry most of the time and can't have freezing on a daily basis. but i can say this. the 9000 was the most durable/sexy phone that i every used. i have dropped it all over but this rock never gets hurt lol. it will be placed on my trophy shelf.
    06-14-10 05:45 PM
    I sold my 9000 and recently picked up an HTC Incredible...
    I miss my Blackberry so bad. This droid is fun and websurfing is nice, but it actually makes me MISS the battery life on the 9000. Emailing and messaging on a virtual keyboard is a pain in the ****. The blinking LED on the phone for messages is barely visible and I never know when I have a message. I tried an iPhone also (before my switch to the Android) which is complete garbage. Blackberries are communication devices for people with lives, while Droids and iPhones are toys for people with too much time on their hands. I'm praying the Bold 9800 comes out before my 30 days is up with Verizon so I can return this Droid.
    You could always exchange the Droid for the 9650 if you stay with VZW.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-14-10 05:56 PM
    I searched for months before my last upgrade before I got the Bold. Man I do NOT regret it at all! This thing is a workhorse, and never fails to deliver when I need it. I have another Upgrade coming up soon, but the slider is the only thing that interests me....if it doesn't feel as good as the Bold, I'm not going to upgrade..
    06-14-10 06:08 PM
    i hope rim does design a 9000 esque trackpad device. the 9000 has the perfect size but it needs to be slight thinner in weight. i am playing with my second berry right now and am having a hard time adjusting to the dimensions. it looks like ill be alternating between the two. oh well, its just great to have a couple of berries and not apples.
    06-14-10 08:20 PM
    Still loving the 9000.
    I still love my 9000. It is by far the best phone I've ever had.

Still hoping for another 9000 sized device....
    Just like everyone else is saying, the only way I'll retire my 9000 is if RIM makes a future device in the same size. The transition to the trackpad isn't that big of a deal to me. I'd rather wait till something similar to the 9000 releases.

plus, I changed my trackball a few months ago so it's just like brand new.

Glad I'm not the only one.
    06-14-10 08:41 PM
    I love my Bold 9000! I will only upgrade when the 9800 is released.
    06-14-10 09:45 PM
    I had owned every BlackBerry, since im a reseller.
    And i must say that this Berry is my favorite from all.

I totally recommend it, for those that are thinking of getting one.
    06-14-10 11:41 PM
    Mine is still taking great care of me. I'll admit the android grass is looking greener all the time, but this 9800 on the horizon looks pretty slick, too. You can count me as one who loves the 9000's form factor though. Really don't want a smaller keyboard afte the delight that this thing has been to type on.

06-15-10 12:10 AM
    i was getting bored with mine then i put a white housing on it, now i love it.. again.
    06-15-10 09:56 PM
    I came to the 9000 from a LG Viewty. What a revelation the Berry has been. One of my friends has just got a 9700 and IMO it feels like cheap lightweight tat compared to the 9000.

This thing is built like a brick sh1thouse, and even after 15 months a quick wipe with a microfibre cloth and it looks brand new.

I do quite like the trackpad on the 9700 but the ball works very well so why change it.

The only downside is application memory limitations, and memory leaks somewhere in the 5.* OS. Battery life is good except when I am work, as we have poor network coverage and the phone spends a lot of time hunting for a cell.

Music: absolutely fantastic media hardware, I think that this phone plays back music better than my iPod Touch, it even sounds excellent on the built in speaker!

RIM need to up their game and develop a YouTube app that works as well as the iPod/iPhone one. If they can sort that, then the iPod will barely get used except for films due to the bigger screen.

06-16-10 01:34 PM
    i was getting bored with mine then i put a white housing on it, now i love it.. again.
    I did the same thing. Was getting bored. Did a black out job, now I'm stoked again.

As many of us have stated there just isn't a device out there to top it right now.

My upgrade is available to me now... but nothing that's available jumps out and says this is your next device.

I looked at a 9700 but again as most of us say, the size of it just feels all wrong.

I'd like to jump to OS6 when it comes... so We'll just have to wait and see what device floats my boat when it drops.
    06-16-10 03:18 PM
    My 9000 isn't going anywhere, I love it and I don't see another BB that interrest me. It hasn'r failed me after almost 2yrs. I love the size, if RIM comes out with another device this size I would cosider it for my second phone because I'm committed to my 9000.....
    06-16-10 06:08 PM
    I have a 9000 in my desk, two actually. I might pick one up tonight just to see if I like it for messaging and such lol
    06-16-10 06:20 PM
    I did the same thing. Was getting bored. Did a black out job, now I'm stoked again.
    Same here

I'd like to jump to OS6 when it comes... so We'll just have to wait and see what device floats my boat when it drops.
    I'm going to play with the slider when it comes out to see how the OS is (assuming it is running 6) and to try out the form factor, but I'm fairly certain I'll be hanging onto the 9000 for a good while longer.
    06-16-10 06:21 PM
    If ATT wasn't the carrier iwould be more happy with it. The phone is good but now taking a back seat to newer featured phones.

The next carrier will most likely be Sprint. Seriously looking at the Evo.

I gotta tell you, I'm coming up on the time when I can replace my phone and so far I'm not seeing anything I like better. I still love my 9000!

The new Iphone looks nice, and I really like the look of that new BB Slider, but that's about it!

I can replace my phone in September, so I usually get myself all worked up looking for my new phone about this time. LOL
    06-16-10 09:07 PM
    Black out job sounds tempting:-)

06-17-10 05:01 PM
    I've had my 9000 for almost a year now, and I have no complaints whatsoever. My hands are just a little too big for the 9700, but the 9000 is perfect! More memory would be nice, but with a stable OS I find I have more than enough for the apps I have and then some.

Plus it's durable as a lamppost. I drop the thing at least once a week haha. I'm going to have my 9000 for quite some time! At least until something this size but better comes out.
    06-17-10 05:36 PM
92 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD