So I got my first bold 9650 June 22. It worked great. The only problem I had with it was the trackpad was crooked. After a week the trackpad stopped clicking, kind of like it was stuck down, and wouldn't respond. I had to scroll over what i wanted then hit the enter key. Verizon replaced it no qestions asked. I get my new one this past Friday, and about 30% of the time when i sending a message, or any typing at all the h key doesn't register when i hit it. I have had berries for a while, and I know that it isn't me just not typing correctly. I was hoping that after a few days the problem would go away (I figured that more i press the h key the better it would get at responding). So now I have to call Verizon to get yet another replacement. Its not really that big of a deal to me as I can still get by with the spell check for now, but I was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing these kinds of problems with their new Bolds?
    07-06-10 12:14 PM
    My Sprint one wasn't always registering for the B key. I took it to the store and they repaired it.
    07-06-10 01:10 PM
    Absolutely no problems with mine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-10 01:12 PM
    My volume up key wasn't working right outta the box. Got a replacement that has been fantastic. It seems the different issues are numerous, but when you find the right one, it's gold.

07-06-10 02:02 PM
    Not really sure how common these issues are. The forums are a very poor example of a cross section, since it's a fairly small number of users that get very vocal.
    07-06-10 02:19 PM
    I've been having some issues with reception when it comes to my 9650 (it drops to really terrible service whenever I plug the phone in my charger), granted, when I've called Verizon about the issues, They (i've talked to 4 CSR's) have no idea what I'm talking about.

I put a different OS on my phone, hopefully that will change things. One can only hope things go well...
    07-06-10 02:45 PM
    My volume up key wasn't working right outta the box. Got a replacement that has been fantastic. It seems the different issues are numerous, but when you find the right one, it's gold.

eh........

Mine has worked perfectly. Crooked trackpad, but im able to live with that. Only problem i'm having is the paint wearing off 15 of my keys..........

Kind of hard to live with that. though im scared i'll go through several "new" phones that have functionality issues.
    07-06-10 06:03 PM
    My Bold is perfect with the exception of the slightly slanted trackpad. But it seems like most trackpads are either slanted or crooked.

07-06-10 06:20 PM
    Not a minute worth of trouble. 100% from day one, 1 month old!
    07-06-10 07:24 PM
    i had 4 bolds and returned them all due to a defective trackpad and they told me i could get a different phone....
    07-06-10 09:52 PM
    eh........

Mine has worked perfectly. Crooked trackpad, but im able to live with that. Only problem i'm having is the paint wearing off 15 of my keys..........

Kind of hard to live with that. though im scared i'll go through several "new" phones that have functionality issues.
    The paint wearing off sounds pretty crappy. Is it a canada build? Not sure just thought I heard some others with paint wear issues said canada. Mines MiM and so far so good for the paint.
    07-06-10 10:11 PM
    no problems with the 2 in my household. Both work great and run waaaaaaay faster than my 8830 ever did!
    07-06-10 10:11 PM
    no issues except maybe the slanted trackpad but it doesnt bother me and i didnt even notice it till it was mentioned on here. i also have no issues with the paint wearing off on the keys but i also have had a keyboard protector on it from day one with first my tour 9630's innocase 360 case...wasn't the case for it but i used it in the mean time till my otterbox defender 9650 case came in and as we know it comes with a plastic keyboard protector as well. i've been pretty fortunate (knock on wood) that my phone is good to go (as was my tour..never had issues with it either). my ringer volume was kinda low but then someone found a fix and its been loud ever since (although the settings revert back to the original ones on every reboot and i have to do it all over again...but hey). i <3 my bold!
    07-06-10 10:23 PM
    i'm having issues with the message tones. for instance, i'll have my bbm set up for bbpro_gungho, but at sometimes it'll play a different tone. same goes for my emails, but not for calls (thankfully)

anyone else having this issue and/or know how to resolve it? thanks!
    07-07-10 12:10 AM
    i'm having issues with the message tones. for instance, i'll have my bbm set up for bbpro_gungho, but at sometimes it'll play a different tone. same goes for my emails, but not for calls (thankfully)

anyone else having this issue and/or know how to resolve it? thanks!

i have the SAME problem!! it's SO annoying.

my screen light doesn't always light up or the phone will light up randomly even if its on lock...

i already did a swipe because the verizon rep said it would fix it but nope. does anyone know if i can call vzw and ask for a replacement? phones only about 2.5 weeks old.
    07-07-10 01:55 AM
    In the past week, I've discovered that I can't move or delete pictures from my media folder. I'm not sure why this is happening now because I wasn't having this problem when I got my Bold two weeks ago. Also, my custom sms tones don't work. All of my sms messages sound off with the default sms tone. Is anyone else having these problems? Any fixes or suggestions?
    07-07-10 12:39 PM
    My Track pad is crooked but isn't really a big deal. The poor reception is getting a little tough to live with. Called Verizon just now, was told that RIM is aware of the issues with reception and will be issuing a a fix. For now the workaround is to turn of the radio in manage connections and then turn it back on. ?
    No improvement
    07-07-10 02:27 PM
    Just replaced my world edition with the 9650. All ok so far, except images in BB browser. For example, maps on weather.com very small. Tried many options changes without resolution. I am sure (I hope) this is a simple fix, but could use advice.
    07-07-10 02:42 PM
    Answered my own question. Installed TWC 2.0, maps work great.
    07-07-10 03:56 PM
    How can u look at pics quicker. It takes almost 2 min to display

07-07-10 05:24 PM
    ^^ are they stored on your sd card? If so that sounds like a sd card issue...
    07-07-10 05:25 PM
    my vioce mail audable alert does not ring at all. the icon pops up on screen when vioce mail is left but no sound how about yours?
    07-08-10 03:22 PM
    My audible vm alert works fine, always has.
    07-08-10 03:34 PM
    Audible alert on .732 works fine not on .699.

07-08-10 05:55 PM
    For people who are having problems with pictures or ringtones try repairing the media card under options it may show corrupt files and repair them. Just an idea don't know if it'll work

07-08-10 06:10 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD