I know this is a somewhat common issue, but I just need some direction.

Bought a Bold 9000 off of eBay. Worked fine, was a little banged up, so I ordered a new housing. While trying to replace the black glass on the original LCD, I ruined it (old, brittle glue peeled off the actual LCD. Sigh.)

So, I go to order a new LCD. The numbers on the back say 001/004, so I go onto Amazon, buy a replacement, pop it in.

It displays a bunch of faint pastel lines. Crap. Email the seller, they send me a NEW LCD. 001/004.

I pop it in - nothing. Crap, the battery died while I was waiting on a replacement. I finally get the battery going again, connect to desktop manager and, white screen. No symbol, hourglass, error message, nothing. The desktop manager recognizes the device, the alarm goes off at the time I set it weeks ago, I can back it up, install updates, but the screen is only white.

I wondered if I could have damaged something, so I throw in the first defective screen - it still shows the pastel lines and those lines move with keypad input. Second screen is just white, first replacement shows lines.

Is it just possible I got TWO defective screens in a row? It seems like the actual phone is fine, as it isn't displaying the same white screen on both LCDs, the first defective one still shows lines and movement.

I don't want to order yet another screen without some input, anything will help!

I've tried battery pulls, electrical tape, re-installing the OS.
    09-28-11 08:54 PM
    Have you tried CMOS battery fix??

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ry-fix-569815/

I had similar problems as you, just fixed it with above thread suggestion!
    Good Luck
    09-28-11 10:17 PM
    I tried that tonight, and have inadvertently removed the entire CMOS battery. It still powers up - with a totally white screen =/ I'm tempted just to buy a new phone off of eBay, at this point I have all sorts of screens and parts to swap out!
    09-29-11 07:02 PM
    Try another screen- I've had the same issue from an old phone from ebay. Got a brand new screen its 002 though if you want to try it. I did the same- get a magnifying glass and check pins are all fine I bent one of them which gave me pink bands!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-11 06:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD