I purchased the 100% white Blackberry Bold 9000 kit from (Brand New Blackberry BOLD 9000 FULL Housing cover faceplate W/Keyboard (All white) :: Housing/Faceplate :: Truesupplier - Blackberry Accessories & PDA Accessories wholesale Co.)

Has anyone else done this to his or her Bold? I'm doing this because it looks clean and something different from the all black models. Only shame is the numbers are NOT red like my Rogers bold keyboard.

06-24-09 12:33 PM
    not sure if anyone here has done that yet, but i'm sure most would like to see pictures of your completed project, when you're done of course.

i personally like the idea of the white out look, but some think it'll get too dirty...
    06-24-09 12:40 PM
    not sure if anyone here has done that yet, but i'm sure most would like to see pictures of your completed project, when you're done of course.

i personally like the idea of the white out look, but some think it'll get too dirty...
    It will only get as dirty as the user lets it... I will make sure to post up pictures of the completed project. Parts wont be here for another 7-10 days at the most. I'll keep you all updated.
    06-24-09 12:42 PM
    It will only get as dirty as the user lets it...
    i can agree with that as long as it has a good paint job, or if it's white plastic. if not, then staining could be an issue. but regardless, looking forward to it and i'm sure you'll keep it looking good !!
    06-24-09 12:58 PM
    IMO... a White (or even an orange/blue/leopard skin) Bold will never be....a BOLD... Black's the colour man...with the Red Rogers #'s ... yumm
    06-24-09 02:29 PM
    I've been looking at those full kits too, and I am curious about one thing...

I heard here that you cannot change the lens, so I am wondering it the replecement one will just overlay the original or if you can in fact switch them out.

I will look for your update, when you ve completed the project
    06-24-09 03:53 PM
    Having blacked out my BOLD, I also wonder how the 'lens' / blackberry logo screen would be effected by white film covering the original fixed black screen glass as this contains the sensor that controls the key pad back light in low lighting conditions. Would be a unique storm trooper- esk look to the normally Vader'ed out BOLD ;D

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 04:03 PM
    your on vwvortex? lol. so iam I, same sn.
    06-24-09 06:09 PM
    Is the back part also leather? Meaning white leather I suppose. As the leather back is a huge plus for me.

06-24-09 06:18 PM
    your on vwvortex? lol. so iam I, same sn.
    Heck yeah! I've been on the Vortex since 2001 lol VAG cars rock!

I'll see what the process of removing the black screen cover is like once the phone it taken apart. Stay tuned.
    06-29-09 12:23 PM
    just bought the white look for my other blackberry bold got a grey glossy and mate and glossy black and mate black
    06-29-09 12:38 PM
    just got mine today and whited it out! looks mint!#

tho cant get the white lens on tho! and tried to cut the top part off so cud superglue it and it cracked and was knackered! so avoid doing that!

am looking for a white sticker to go at the top where it says blackberry, if anyone knwos where to get one from or can make them?

does look great and the parts are nice quality!
    join the qhite revolution! white is the new black
    06-29-09 01:09 PM
    This is probably what you're looking for; I ordered mine yesterday. Let's hope it's exactly what we expected!

Since I can't post links yet, here's what you do: go to truesupplier dot com and search for "Colored Screen Protector Skin Stick Sticker for Blackberry Bold 9000 (White)"
    07-25-09 03:34 PM
    Yes people have done this before... If you look at those "pimp my bold" topics or search you can see people who have done this before. The hardest part is the lens because the LCD is so closely attached.

People have broken their LCD trying to get it apart from the lens so take extra care.
    07-25-09 04:02 PM
    just got mine today and whited it out! looks mint!#

tho cant get the white lens on tho! and tried to cut the top part off so cud superglue it and it cracked and was knackered! so avoid doing that!

am looking for a white sticker to go at the top where it says blackberry, if anyone knwos where to get one from or can make them?

does look great and the parts are nice quality!
    join the qhite revolution! white is the new black
    Truesupplier has those stickers u want

07-25-09 05:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD