I am a relatively new crackberry user. My phone was working fine when I went to bed. I woke up to a white screen with text that said "JVM Error 517" and the word Reset underneath it. I have tried battery pulls but get the same message. When I plug into desktop mgr, It recognizes the phone but can never connect. I have only had it for about 65 days.

Also..I use a mac to sync

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Last edited by harley biker; 03-07-10 at 01:36 PM.
    03-07-10 01:32 PM
    Time to reload the OS. Try launching the loader directly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-10 02:50 PM
    How do I launch the loader directly? Would I be better to call AT&T and just get a replacement?
    03-07-10 07:43 PM
    it's just a software issue the desktop software is excellent. If you have a good working phone keep it because I went though a couple before I found one. Reload the desktop software and reset your phone shoukd solve it.

03-08-10 01:42 AM
    On a mac I don't know the path. Start by going into the root direcory of your mac and looking in the RIM directory. Look for a apploader application. Now sometimes the BB applications tie up the USB ports. Killing them via a task manager or rebooting your mac should fix that.

03-08-10 02:31 AM
    I am a relatively new crackberry user. My phone was working fine when I went to bed. I woke up to a white screen with text that said "JVM Error 517" and the word Reset underneath it. I have tried battery pulls but get the same message. When I plug into desktop mgr, It recognizes the phone but can never connect. I have only had it for about 65 days.

Also..I use a mac to sync

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    01-26-14 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD